Skid Plates - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

Skid Plates

For those of you have purchased my skid plates, I thank you. The cost of materials is sky high and because of this, I will no longer be making skid plates. I do have a few stock ones left, but once they are gone thats it. I also have a few for the Pro-Comp lift left with the TTORA logo but they don't fit all Tacomas due to a difference in radiators. If anyone is interested in one of the skids that fit the Pro-Comp lift, I will let them go real cheap. You might be able to modify them or adapt them to a different lift if you wanted to do a little fab work, which might be a cheap alternative for a front skid. I have seen Pro-Comp skids adapted to other lifts and mine are 1/8" thick. Again, thanks for the support and I appalogize to the couple of people that recently requested a Fab Tech skid for not being able to get one to you. If prices come down on material I might make them again.

Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 02:26 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roostonu
For those of you have purchased my skid plates, I thank you. The cost of materials is sky high and because of this, I will no longer be making skid plates. I do have a few stock ones left, but once they are gone thats it. I also have a few for the Pro-Comp lift left with the TTORA logo but they don't fit all Tacomas due to a difference in radiators. If anyone is interested in one of the skids that fit the Pro-Comp lift, I will let them go real cheap. You might be able to modify them or adapt them to a different lift if you wanted to do a little fab work, which might be a cheap alternative for a front skid. I have seen Pro-Comp skids adapted to other lifts and mine are 1/8" thick. Again, thanks for the support and I appalogize to the couple of people that recently requested a Fab Tech skid for not being able to get one to you. If prices come down on material I might make them again.

Eric
Interested in seeing pics of the skid for stock trucks, don't see any in the eStore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some chick from American Dad
It's true what they say about geologists, they're the coolest, sexiest men alive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudferret
Suck my penal system.
[photos]
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 03:09 PM
What's Mommy Say?

Send a message via AIM to jtaco1
I would be interested in one for stock.

JT

DD - 05 Toyota 4 Runner
Trail Rig - 88 4 Runner with dual cases w/ 4.7's, 37" PB Rockers and no lift

Was
99' Toyota Tacoma Crushed by Toyota
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

You can see them at www.dmiskidplates.com The prices have changed slightly and the gallery doesn't say which pictures are of which skids, but if you e-mail me at cmm@donalmachine.com I can e-mail pictures of the stock skid replacement. They are 11g(1/8")304 stainless steel. They bolt to all the original holes that the stock unit does and they utilize a center support that bolts to the frame and gives you a 1/4" of steel at center.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 09:48 AM

Bump, for an excellent product. I must say, I will be sorry to see them go.

- Proud Member Since 7/13/2001!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 11:57 AM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to 4TACXOMA4 Send a message via MSN to 4TACXOMA4 Send a message via Yahoo to 4TACXOMA4
Quote:

Eric
Dang, that sucks. I was trying to save up for one to use with my Fabtech lift. Your skid plates look really good!

-Brent

1996 Xtra Cab V6
My Truck

SAS Parts For Sale
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 12:03 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to YoTRacer158 Send a message via Yahoo to YoTRacer158
i sent you an email a few days ago and never heard back...how many stock skids do you have left?

2004 V6 5spd 4x4: TRD Charger, URD Fuel Mods/AFR/Unlimiter/2.1" Pulley/Crank Pulley/Short Throw, Supra MAF, TrueFlow Filter, JBA Ti Ceramic Headers, SpinTech Exhaust, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, BentUp Front Bumper, Chaos LT/Kings, 62" Deavers/18" Kings/, Glassworks Supercharger Hood/Fenders/Bedsides, 15x8 Black Steelies, 33x12.5 Claws, 4.56's, RR Solid Motor Mounts

youtube.com/YoTRacer158
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoTRacer158
i sent you an email a few days ago and never heard back...how many stock skids do you have left?
Sorry if I didn't get back to you. I replied to a few people today. I've had my hands full at work and the couple times i had a chance to check my mail, our server was down. If you aren't one of the people I responded to let me know and I will answer any questions you have.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

The only way I can make more right now is if there was a group buy of 6 or more and they were pre-paid. Normaly I would have to raise the price again because of the material costs, but if there was a group buy I might be able to keep the price the same. Which is $255-$335 depending on the model. But the group buy would have to be for thew same model skids.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 07:02 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to 4TACXOMA4 Send a message via MSN to 4TACXOMA4 Send a message via Yahoo to 4TACXOMA4
Quote:
The only way I can make more right now is if there was a group buy of 6 or more and they were pre-paid. Normaly I would have to raise the price again because of the material costs, but if there was a group buy I might be able to keep the price the same. Which is $255-$335 depending on the model. But the group buy would have to be for thew same model skids.
If there was to be a group buy organized, how much would the one be for the FT 6"? Thanks.

-Brent

1996 Xtra Cab V6
My Truck

SAS Parts For Sale
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-10-2004, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4TACXOMA4
If there was to be a group buy organized, how much would the one be for the FT 6"? Thanks.
If you wanted to do a group buy for FT6 skids, you could include the TM6 also. They are the same skid but the FT6 requires an additional spacer in the front. They would have to be pre-paid and it would take 3-4 weeks to complete them. So $250 for the TM6 and $265 for the FT6. Now if it takes 2 months to get a group buy together the price of material could change. The profit margin on these skids is only $50 and I split that with Donal Machine. I don't make them for the money, I make them because I like to. This is something I do on the side besides my 2 other jobs. So a group buy wouldn't give much of a price break, it would just allow me to cover manufacturing costs on my own since Donal Machine can't anymore. Usually we make 6-8 at a time and Donal covers all costs until they sell.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode