Alright soo I'm from TN and up there theres not much of a point in snorkels unless youre being foolish, most water looks like what it is and you can usually avoid the deep stuf if you want to. Ive never been too much of a fan of the look of a snorkel, but now that the military moved me to FL ive seen the necessity of one. Water down here is really really deceiving! Theres even floating grass stuff that looks like a nice flat yard but its not its 3 and half feet deep....dont ask how i know! Anyway, with all that being said heres my build, i also relocated my antenna, as well as my washer fluid resevoir because my 12.50's were tearing it up pretty bad. Let me know what you guys think, be honest, ive got my suit on. And just as a heads up the captions are for the pictures above them...didnt make much sense when i previewed this thread buuut im not gonna retype it all.
First i taped off the area where i intended to cut and wrapped some single layer cardboards around the tube and taped it, i held the tube where i wanted it and slid the cardboard down to meet the fender and trimmed it to make the correct size hole without making it too large and stupid looking.
Heres the weapon of choice at the point of no return, rmember to moeasure twice, cut once! Notice how theres a blue pen circle and then a sharpie on...Yikes! that would have sucked!
Once the fender was cut i slid the tube down into the fenderand marked what needed to be cut inside the fender, i also removed the plastic elbow that goes from the airbox to the wheel well, seen in the right side of the above pic.
I removed the airbox, and trimmed the flared end off of the tube that goes into the airbox where it connects to aforementioned elbow, so the the flexible hose will go over it, i slid the hose over it put 1 screw through it on each side to hold it against pulling forces and then siliconed it thoroughly all the way around.
Heres the way it looks installed.
Heres how the hose runs inside the fender, i used a clamp to hold the hose up in the fender.
Heres another picture of the hose running inside the fender and you can see in the top left where the washer fluid resevoir went.
Heres why i relocated the resevoir, I hate rubbing! haha and yea yea yea i knew the tires would rub when i went with a 12.50
A little better view of the resevoir, i first removed it and then cut the neck off at the tank and then right under the cap, i set the part with the cap on it into the tank and heated it up to melt it together, and then of course siliconed it to be safe. I also cut off a small "foot" on the bottom of the tank so it would sit a bit lower. I had to hammer the hood framing in about an 1/8" in a 2" circle so the hood doesnt touch it at all. I removed all of the wiring hold downs holding the washer fluid hose and wiring and pushed it back up into the engine compartment, and reconnected the hose and wiring, everything works great! i heated up and bent the hold down arms and drilled another hole to hold it in. Its very sturdy and leaves me with an empty front right fender and no more rubbing!
Heres the finished product, i know ive got alot stuff that didnt get pictures taken of it, sorry guys, i just got in the groove and kept on trucking.
Heres how it runs through the fender
On the left you can see how the antenna got relocated, I broke off the plastice part on the bottom of the antenna and used the bracket that held it to hold the antenna where it went through the fender and then bent the antenna to go through the holw where the tube goes and then follow the tube, i cleaned up the ground for the antenna and it actually works great!
You can see how it runs in one of the pics above.
After all the and building thats how it ended up! All right guys thats about it, let me know what you think! Be honest!