WTF of the day - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
pi
the other white meat

Send a message via MSN to pi
WTF of the day

So I go to my father in law's shop today after work to change my oil, lube my zerks, rotate my tires etc. My truck has 10112 miles on it.

My drivers side front axle seal is leaking, so I'm like ok, no biggie. I check the fluid and it is pretty much bone dry.

I called Keith Pierson and spoke with the service manager and I will be taking it in tomorrow after I get off of work. Hopefully they don't pull the "you wheel your truck so we aren't going to warranty it" bullshit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 04:59 PM
Veteran Member

They can't unless they can prove the truck has been abused.
If they try to pull something just ask for the regional maint. managers phone number that is not located on site. If they refuse to help you just ask for Keith. and ask him for the number.

Neil

86 4Runner, SAS ,dual cases, 5.29, locked f&r, 36 sx's
Yes I wheel it.

www.neilfab.net
Neilfab Stuff

Tread Lightly P06-13986.indv
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 05:29 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil426
They can't unless they can prove the truck has been abused.
If they try to pull something just ask for the regional maint. managers phone number that is not located on site. If they refuse to help you just ask for Keith. and ask him for the number.

Neil

X2!

I don't care about the Jeep thing as long as my mail is on time!!!

92 4runner 22RE under slow construction

2010 Honda Insight 45MPG!!!! Surf racks and custom horn!

85 4runner: All the goodies. Gone but not forgotten.

Trail Pics
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
pi
the other white meat

The service manager was really cool and he seemed concerned, he wanted me to bring it in right away... Hopefully all goes well tomorrow.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 05:29 AM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to usmcracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_nueve
The service manager was really cool and he seemed concerned, he wanted me to bring it in right away... Hopefully all goes well tomorrow.
That same service manager screwed drew over. His new Taco has a dealer installed TRD super charger and a bearing inside it started making some nosie. So like anyone else would do Drew took it them and they give him the biggest run around on it. Toyota wouldn't pay for it cause some BS about it be a remain. TRD unit (which was done by TRD and bought from a Toyota dealer) and lucky for Drew his extended service covered it. They had Drew's taco for almost a month. Wouldn't Coggin or Alantic Toyota be closer to you? Iggy's stepdad works at Coggin Toyota.

Steven

91 4runner SAS'd and crawling with Marlin+InchWorm!
03 VW Jetta Wagon TDI
88 4Runner soft top and stock daily driver
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 05:50 AM
Veteran Member

Mike,

I had the same seal leak and toyota fixed it under warranty, about a month ago with 16,000 miles on it.
I tell them I just "TRAIL RIDE"

D/D 2014 Tacoma Access Cab, TRD OFF ROAD 4x4, BFG MT km2, 265-75-16, 3" Toytec OME lift with 885 coils and shocks, Alcan AAL.

http://www.ttora.com/photos/showgallery.php?cat=621
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 06:58 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcracing
That same service manager screwed drew over. His new Taco has a dealer installed TRD super charger and a bearing inside it started making some nosie. So like anyone else would do Drew took it them and they give him the biggest run around on it. Toyota wouldn't pay for it cause some BS about it be a remain. TRD unit (which was done by TRD and bought from a Toyota dealer) and lucky for Drew his extended service covered it. They had Drew's taco for almost a month. Wouldn't Coggin or Alantic Toyota be closer to you? Iggy's stepdad works at Coggin Toyota.

Steven
not anymore they laid him off because he made all the people who worked there forever look like shit by selling most cars and setting records that havent been beaten since 97 so they decided to demote him from manager to sales person. same thing with 2 other russian people there. he is over at hundai of north jacksonville. belive it or not but they sell alot of cars. he drove home a vanquish the other day lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolinitup33 View Post
You're a fuckin idiot
RIP
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
pi
the other white meat

Yeah Coggin would have been closer but I have a issue with them... will never do business with them again.

Took the truck in and they said that the seal deteriorated due to dirt getting in there. They were really cool about it and I had no issues. Was in and out within two hours.

Now all I need to do is extend my diff breathers and sell my shit and get my locker.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 03:12 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy
not anymore they laid him off because he made all the people who worked there forever look like shit by selling most cars and setting records that havent been beaten since 97 so they decided to demote him from manager to sales person. same thing with 2 other russian people there. he is over at hundai of north jacksonville. belive it or not but they sell alot of cars. he drove home a vanquish the other day lmao
That's just stupid, if he is breaking records on car sells then why lay him off? Seems to me that they would lay the guys with the lowest sales before the ones at the top. How did a HYUNDAI dealer get a Vanquish? Sounds like a fish story to me Iggy.

03 VW Jetta Wagon TDI
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 09:36 PM
Veteran Member

belive it or not they got alot of high end cars there . like awd 911 twin turbos and shelbys even had a ford gt at one time

Quote:
You're a fuckin idiot
RIP
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 03:46 AM
Veteran Member

Is this the same Hyundai of North Jax that's on Blanding BLVD? Cause if it is I'm going to have get some hip waiters cause the SHAT is getting deep. LOL

03 VW Jetta Wagon TDI
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 04:28 AM
Veteran Member

its of 95 somewhere

Quote:
You're a fuckin idiot
RIP

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode