TTORA Forum banner

Vinyl Decals

4K views 34 replies 11 participants last post by  crawyota 
#1 ·
As some of you may know, I have returned to work as of today. There is a guy here at Cartech that I helped one day, and told me if I ever needed anything to let him know. Well, he has full control to a vinyl cutter and he told me he can make just about anything on it for me.

By any chance would you guys be interested in a custom PA TTORA logo? I'm not a very artistic person, so I'm going to need some help. Maybe a couple of you who do have artistic talent can upload a few ideas and we can vote on one, and get this guy to print out a batch for us? Obviously it would have to be a single tone decal, as he'd be doing it while at work.

Just wondering. Let me know guys.

#2 ·
That would be sweet!

I am not much of an artistic person myself but I can play around on photoschope and such an see what I can come up with.

#5 ·
Let me email him and see.

Edit:

Just got off the phone with him. The rolls are 24", however, he can go bigger if we don't mind applying them in two halfs. A hand drawn sketch will work, but a digital copy is preferred as the vinyl cutter uses Corel Draw to get it's cut out points from.

Like I said before, he'll be doing this on company time so they can't be too invovled.

#9 ·
I like both!;)

#10 ·
While I do like both,
I am more partical to the second one.

However we do have to remember that this is going to be a single tone Decal upon Bruce's explanation.

So then once we decided, we would have to decided which color we would want, Solid Black, Sloid White, Solid Red, etc.

#11 ·
I myself like the second one. I'll run it by the guy and see what he's comfortable doing. Apparently the last time I fixed the guy's computer (the one hooked up to the vinyl cutter), he was VERY appreciative of my help. I may be able to work something out with him. Regardless, I'm pretty sure he's going to do the cutting for....can we say...FREE! :D

#12 ·
I personally would take the second one also. Only thing that doesnt make sense to me is why does it say pennsylvania across the top to again say PATTORA? shouldnt it just be Pennsylvania TTORA? And it needs and space or - Between off and road. Yea....im odd like that :eek:

#21 ·
I like it!

#28 ·
Why don't you guys start a poll on what you want in the final design or what you like including colors...majority rules. Simple for me, you, and the vinyl cutter. I thought this was a window banner sticker which is why I made it that large...if it's just a normal window sticker, white is a better idea. White is also a must for body stickers as well. Black will show up on some vehicles but not all. You guys decide on what design you like (or what needs elminated/changed from the current designs), and pick a color and I will get it done.

Rodge, does he need this as a TIFF or PSD file?

#29 ·
Hmmm..he uses Corel Draw 8 I believe so it should handle just about any image file, if not, I have Photoshop CS2 and convert them if need be.

He can make them bigger, but we'll have to apply them in two pieces and that just means more work for him. As for the design, I really like the second one you made. Like I said about color I can get him to run a batch of white ones and black ones. As long as it's one color it's no big deal.

I really helped the guy out in terms of what I was and wasn't suppose to do according to company policy. Since I bent the rules for him, he's bending them back for me. I'm sure he won't mind making two different runs. Loading up different colors isn't the problem, it's assembling the vinyls, thus he asked for a single color design. He'd have to make multiple runs on the cutter, and then piece each color together. Obviously that's not going to work, unless he's willing to do them in his free time which I'm not going to ask for.

I guess we can start a poll to see which one of the two designs the club likes most, and then after we pick one, I can then ask who wants what color. Only those who vote will be eligible for the final product. It's only fair to the guy who's doing the cutting. Once the first batch is done, late commers or people who don't frequent these boards can get them if they want.

Once there made, I will give the person two options on how they want to receive them. You can either send me a self mailed envelope with postage (This is the ONLY money I'll be asking for), or if you don't mind you can wait until Mini Takeover in July. I'm pretty sure I'll be going unless something really big comes up. Even if my 4Runner isn't finished, as long as it's wheelable I'll be bringing it with. I'll just have to run in the back of the group so I don't fumigate everyone. :D

#32 ·
Well I got some good news and some bad news.

First the bad:

The guy that's making these for us just got a new job, so he will no longer be in the building with the vinyl cutter.

The good news:

He said that he loves making them and has no problem making more. He also said as long as he retains his building clearance he'll be able to still make them for us.

I'll let you guys know what happens. Hopefully we won't have to find someone else to do these for us, as we'll have to pay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.