what do you think???????? - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

what do you think????????

i picked up a 2wd yota. no motor or tranny but has a 8.8 narrowed with 4.30's. i was thinking about rebuilding the efi i have to put in, but dont have a tranny. looking at the cost I need a harness from ecu forward, tranny and rebuild kit. I dont know what the 22re needs. The kicker, I was searching on ebay and found a couple 7megte's with 5spd's for around 1400-1800. which would be alittle more than what I would be spending to do the above, given worse case. so do I spend the extra and have a kick ass parts runner or rebuild and down the road do what I really wanna do with the truck????????

It's Stock I swear

Worry when we stop busting your balls

Albums: http://community.webshots.com/user/mudrunner90
http://www.rightcoast4x4.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 04:09 PM
PA VP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocktoy87 View Post
i picked up a 2wd yota. no motor or tranny but has a 8.8 narrowed with 4.30's. i was thinking about rebuilding the efi i have to put in, but dont have a tranny. looking at the cost I need a harness from ecu forward, tranny and rebuild kit. I dont know what the 22re needs. The kicker, I was searching on ebay and found a couple 7megte's with 5spd's for around 1400-1800. which would be alittle more than what I would be spending to do the above, given worse case. so do I spend the extra and have a kick ass parts runner or rebuild and down the road do what I really wanna do with the truck????????
go with the 7mg and be cool .. my friend josh just bought an 87 supra $1200 with a 7mge in it so he can strip it of it's driveline and put in in his 4runner seems like an easy swap. the car runs great and he is currently driving it so before you pay 1400-1800 for just an engine look around for a donor car

Mark

pictures

88 4runner loaded v6 sr5, on 35" BFG KM2's,
5" SAS, 30 splines,high pinion e-locker,5.29's,
4.7's. custom 15x10 eagle 589 wheels with rock rings

04 4runner v6 limited, family hauler

05 Toyota Matrix XRS 2ZZ 6spd, daily driver

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to YotaFun Send a message via Yahoo to YotaFun
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 toy View Post
go with the 7mg and be cool .. my friend josh just bought an 87 supra $1200 with a 7mge in it so he can strip it of it's driveline and put in in his 4runner seems like an easy swap. the car runs great and he is currently driving it so before you pay 1400-1800 for just an engine look around for a donor car
What he said!
Also talk to Corax (Keith, you will meet him on the 17th)
He did this swap on his runner and has a healthy knowledge of it

Avdian (Avy, Av, , Eddie are some nick names)
97' SR5 4Runner, 3.4l, Auto, Sonoran Steel System 1.51, 4.30 E-locked - Current Trail Rig
97' Limited Edition 3.4l, Auto - Possible New Trail Rig
99' GTI 2.0 N/A, Auto, Black, - Beater DD - GONE!!
05' Camry 2.4, Auto, Red, - New DD Beater

Toyota Certified..... Yeah Right...
My truck is Avy Certified!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corax View Post
I'd be willing to bring a lawn chair and assume a "management" position for a little while

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode