Coming to CO in November - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

Coming to CO in November

Hello everybody, I will be moving to the Ft. Carson area in November. I just wanted to introduce myself and see if there is anyone from TTORA in that area who could show me some good places to go wheeling and maybe shoot the breeze with on occasion. I have a 2002 Tacoma that I hope to have SASed within a few months of being there, which I guess would be my second question. Could anyone reccommend a good place in the general area that could help me with the SAS? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 09:33 AM
Almost Out of 9 Lives

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia
Ft. Carson is near the springs right? If so Brian (DriftinCo) Is our resident mod/beer drinker/tall tail teller

Welcome! This is a great group and you'll find us running trails as often as we can!!!

Molly
aka Lysmachia
85 4 Runner SAS (Tippy II) - All mashed together in 93runner and 85runner Goodness

Get your 4x4 VIDEO pr0n here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoug View Post
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

Yep, Colorado Springs area. I grew up in TN and I have never been out west (outside of airports at least) so I am really looking forward to coming out there. From what I have seen it looks like amazing country. I am also going to throw in a pic of my truck so you guys can see how it looks up till now. Hopefully I can do more with it in the near future.

Sorry for the huge picture, I had a hard time trying to shrink it.

Shaun

2002 Tacoma TRD- R.I.P.

2001 Tacoma TRD D44 front, D60 rear, lots of chrome and neon lights
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 09:56 AM
Almost Out of 9 Lives

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia
It's a Yota... of course it looks awesome!

Molly
aka Lysmachia
85 4 Runner SAS (Tippy II) - All mashed together in 93runner and 85runner Goodness

Quote:
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Veteran Member

Good looking truck. You'll find more than enough folks out here to help you beat up, mod and fix your truck. And some of them will even buy you a beer.

Black quad cab TRD, moded inside and out, locked up on 35's, capable of getting there and back.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 12:05 PM
Veteran Member

That's a fine looking and capable rig you got there! Pre-welcome to CO.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Almost Out of 9 Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjcruzer View Post
That's a fine looking and capable rig you got there! Pre-welcome to CO.

I wish I had a pre-taco so you would pre-welcome me....

Molly
aka Lysmachia

Quote:
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Veteran Member

Welcome!

There are only a few trails in CO that require a SAS, and you WILL take body/glass damage on them, guaranteed. If you pay a shop to do it, you're looking at $5k, maybe more - I can think of much better ways to spend that money, especially with what gas costs these days.

Former President - CO Chapter
Founding President - OH Chapter

'93 4Runner lockers, armor, tcases, & stuff

'14 Cadillac CTS VSport

Check out pix at www.4wheelingoh.shutterfly.com/action
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Veteran Member

welcome. someone is wheelin every weekend so youll have no problems there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00regcab View Post
See, my mom is actually good for something other than being a prostitute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devinsixtyseven View Post
allow me to help with the mind-fuck ...
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 02:10 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysmachia View Post
I wish I had a pre-taco so you would pre-welcome me....
I pre-3.4 pre-welcome you
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 02:20 PM
Almost Out of 9 Lives

Quote:
I pre-3.4 pre-welcome you
Um yeah... working on that... I need a T100 oil pan. I'll welcome ANYONE who has that!

Molly
aka Lysmachia

Quote:
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 11:26 AM
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard Smith! I'm guessing from your handle that we oughta get together and have a plinking festival, throw some lead downrange to kick off the beginning of nice weather.

***oh, and sweet looking rig, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRunnertc View Post
Aren't you a Regional Manager AND a little bitch?
Mr.Clean '03 Taco
As yet unnamed '03 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 05:11 PM
Veteran Member

Welcome, nice rig!.. hope to see you on a trail or at a HOW.

de·gen·er·ate

I'm outside your window watching you read this.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Welcome!

There are only a few trails in CO that require a SAS, and you WILL take body/glass damage on them, guaranteed. If you pay a shop to do it, you're looking at $5k, maybe more - I can think of much better ways to spend that money, especially with what gas costs these days.

Yeah I heard gas was expensive back in the States. And I agree there are probably better ways to spend the money than by using it towards a SAS but I have wanted to convert it for a long time and don't plan on giving up that goal anytime soon. After that I would like to put some sort of crawler in it. I will probably also do more wheeling than just in CO. My family lives about two hours away from Tellico....

Shaun

2002 Tacoma TRD- R.I.P.

post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindleshanks View Post
Welcome aboard Smith! I'm guessing from your handle that we oughta get together and have a plinking festival, throw some lead downrange to kick off the beginning of nice weather.

***oh, and sweet looking rig, too.
You guessed right. I am itching to do some shooting when I get back. I have an M4 carbine, a few Kimbers, Glocks, hunting rifles, and I'm working on an M24, just need to restock it and get some better glass, either Nightforce or Leupold Mark 4.

And thanks to everyone for your compliments and the welcome.

Shaun

2002 Tacoma TRD- R.I.P.

post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Veteran Member

You mean the Leupold CQT?! Frikiin awesome. I always thought those looked awesome.
I had the EoTech on my Rock River AR, but I just swapped it for a conventional scope (Nikon 3-9x40) because, let's face it, when do I need a fast-acquisition combat holographic sight? It was a fun toy, but I don't find myself in a lot of tactical entry situations, I'd rather shoot prairie dogs. So I've gotta get it mounted and dialed in.
We'll have to get a shooting trip together some time.

Quote:
Aren't you a Regional Manager AND a little bitch?
Mr.Clean '03 Taco
As yet unnamed '03 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to 00regcab
Quote:
Welcome!

well said.

Im overly happy/impressed with how capable my truck is just from being locked front/rear with 5.29's on 33's and body protection...

I dont see a need to do a SAS, i did a few lines some SAS trucks were doing when i was out in moab without any problems. Obviously, id like to have the amount of travel i could get out of a straight axle, but realistically i have no need for it right now.

Just shedding some opinions/advice on the matter.

Welcome to Co
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
because, let's face it, when do I need a fast-acquisition combat holographic sight?
Dude!!?? You're the one who STARTED the zombie thread!!!???

Gun geeks... welcome to the club
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 02:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
You mean the Leupold CQT?! Frikiin awesome. I always thought those looked awesome.
I had the EoTech on my Rock River AR, but I just swapped it for a conventional scope (Nikon 3-9x40) because, let's face it, when do I need a fast-acquisition combat holographic sight? It was a fun toy, but I don't find myself in a lot of tactical entry situations, I'd rather shoot prairie dogs. So I've gotta get it mounted and dialed in.
We'll have to get a shooting trip together some time.
Nope not the CQT the Leupold Mark IV 3.5-10x40 Long Range to go on my M24 sniper rifle (building it from a Remington M700 Sendero). I have an Eotech 552 on my M4 carbine and I really like it. I have the M4 for the close to medium stuff and the M24 for the far stuff.

It sounds like you'd have a sweet little setup on the RRA when you get it zeroed. I have never hunted prairie dogs but my brother went to CO and shot some and he said it was lots of fun. Sounds like something I might could get into.

Shaun

2002 Tacoma TRD- R.I.P.

post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 08:49 AM
Almost Out of 9 Lives

Then come to the HOW (House Of Wrenching) North. We've got prarie dogs a-plenty... though I will say I am not a fan of target shotting them without reason. I used to do it in the horse fields because the horses would break their legs if they stepped in a hole.

But that's just me

Molly
aka Lysmachia

Quote:
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 08:49 AM
Almost Out of 9 Lives

Quote:
Dude!!?? You're the one who STARTED the zombie thread!!!???

Gun geeks... welcome to the club
I know this should be a Toyota wheeling and shooting club really...

Molly
aka Lysmachia

Quote:
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Veteran Member

Mebbe we should try for the grasslands again, bring some plinking stuff?

Welcome to TTORSA .

A gun isn't enough to help the Front Range "ground pimple" problem...you'd need more like a clusterbomb, or that Jericho thing from the Iron Man movie. Little prairie rats are everywhere.

-Sean
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 02:52 AM Thread Starter

Hello again everyone. I got back to the States last month and have been in Colorado Springs/Pueblo for about 2 weeks now. I think I've seen more FJ Cruisers than any other type of vehicle here, lol.

Some bad news though...I noticed that my front end has sagged a bit since I've been gone, and go figure, I've lost the spanner wrench and my measurements from when I did the lift. The back end rides stiff as hell too, worse than I remember it from 2 years ago. I guess maybe some deavers or alcans are in my near future.

Other than that, everything's good. CO is amazing and I can't wait to get out and see more of it. Are there any meets or anything happening over in my area?

Shaun

2002 Tacoma TRD- R.I.P.

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 08:15 AM
Veteran Member

What kind of Coil overs do you have? I have a couple extra spanner wrenches that don't fit my junk anymore.

de·gen·er·ate

post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Pooh Bear

Send a message via Yahoo to Hagan34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysmachia View Post
I know this should be a Toyota wheeling and shooting club really...

AND a Boxer owners club, too

Welcome!.......Sorry to hear about FT Carson though, haven't heard many good things about it. Colorado Is Awesome though Just moved here From KY a couple months ago, DriftinCO would be a good person to get in touch with, meet him at 08 Takeover.

There are more then a couple SAS rigs here, May not be needed..... but a 5.56 may not be needed for Prairie Dogs either?

Michael
00 Taco 3RZ:TRD Blower, URD 2.4 pulley, Dana 44, 3 link, 37" MTRs, F/R ARB w/ 4.88, Marlin 4.7 Crawler
89 Supra: 2JZ-GTE swap 573 HP/ 565 Torque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
Bear hasn't posted yet. I'm sure he broke something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
9)Multiple choice: "I don't need game" is code for:
A)"I carry ruffies."
B)"I'm a hit at HS dances b/c I have a driver's license"
C)"I am a registered sex offender."
D)"I have a slutty sister and 2 hot cousins."
E)"Being a youth leader at my chuch has it's advantages."
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
What kind of Coil overs do you have? I have a couple extra spanner wrenches that don't fit my junk anymore.
SAW 2.0's

Shaun

2002 Tacoma TRD- R.I.P.

post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagan34 View Post
AND a Boxer owners club, too

Welcome!.......Sorry to hear about FT Carson though, haven't heard many good things about it. Colorado Is Awesome though Just moved here From KY a couple months ago, DriftinCO would be a good person to get in touch with, meet him at 08 Takeover.

There are more then a couple SAS rigs here, May not be needed..... but a 5.56 may not be needed for Prairie Dogs either?
Carson seems ok, I've been to far worse places... The SAS won't be for a while, I need to get some other things taken care of before I tangle with that. I know I may not particularly need it, but I don't think there's anything wrong with a little overkill. Having said that, I figure I'll just run my truck the way it is, it should be fine for now once I fix the coilovers and maybe get some better rear suspension (and change that crappy winch out for a warn).

Shaun

2002 Tacoma TRD- R.I.P.

post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith45acp View Post
SAW 2.0's
I think that's what Doug has now.

Christmas party is tonight, but it's way up near Fort Collins - quite a drive from down there. Of course, you could just spend the night at the hotel ...

There are several members down there - Sonofmayhem, Volcom, Driftinco, and others that wheel quite a bit.

Former President - CO Chapter
Founding President - OH Chapter

'93 4Runner lockers, armor, tcases, & stuff

'14 Cadillac CTS VSport

Check out pix at www.4wheelingoh.shutterfly.com/action
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith45acp View Post
SAW 2.0's
Doh.. ditto.. sorry, can't help you

de·gen·er·ate

post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Veteran Member

Welcome to CO. Now just wait for the snow and we can go do some Snow Wheeling

CoTacoTRD~07 DC TRD~3" ToyTech Coilovers~Bilstein 5100's ~ Goodyear Duratrac's 285/75/R16~Slee Sliders~Spidertrax Wheel Spacers~ Quick Air OBA~All Pro Skids~ARB Bumper~Custom Exhaust~Snorkel~Sol Tek Lights
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode