TTORA Forum banner

New to Denver

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  ksp04031 
#1 ·
I just moved to Denver from Bakersfield, CA

#6 ·
Yea, i'm kinda curious where you're running this weekend as my wife and I are interested in getting off-road sometime soon. I'm new to this area so I dont have any clue where Steamboat is from Denver.

We moved here because I transferred from Halliburton in Bakersfield to a Halli job here in Denver and I'm very happy w/ Colorado so far. It's so nice and green here whereas Bakersfield looks like it's going to burst into flames it's so dry, not to mention the air quality there downright sucks balls.

Anyways, my truck is a mix of baja and regular off-road. I've got 32" BFG AT/KOs w/ SAWs up front and shackles / Bilsteins in the back. I've got headers, air box mod, locker mod, Co2 tank in the bed, and i've cut off the anti-sway bar for extra articulation.
-Chris

#7 ·
Hopefully you get to see the west slope Halliburton operations and aren't stuck in the Brighton east Halli operations...because that would suck!

I'm headed down to Colorado Springs Saturday to watch the XRRA race http://rockrace.com/
Come check that out if you like other wise there is a sunday run at Eagle Rock proposed or you can haul out west to the Steamboat Springs trip...

Welcome to Colorado...hope to get out and show you around soon!

#10 ·
What do you do for Halliburton? Field guy, office guy, salesman? Can you get my company discounts on logging and frac jobs in CO, WY, and UT? jk

The guys I work with are pretty locked in with Schlumberger, but we are always looking for a better deal.

#14 ·
I'm not able to go on any runs this weekend as I'm still unpacking, cleaning up, getting stuff set up now that I just moved here. So far I love it here as the skies are so clear and the grass is so green compared to Bakersfield.

As for Halliburton, I was a field engineer in bako working in the field 90hrs/week w/ some weird rotating schedule that wouldn’t allow me to go on run. Here in Denver though, I took a log analysis engineer position downtown Denver working 40/week so all my hard work paid off and now get my weekends off again and can go on runs.

Nonetheless where can I find a schedule of the upcoming runs?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.