BV area Raft/Wheel/Camp Aug. 1-3 - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 198 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to poorboyota26
BV area Raft/Wheel/Camp Aug. 1-3

OK so I started a new Thread to avoid on confusion. Here's what I have.

Aug. 1st- 3rd

We will be camping rafting and wheeling (busy weekend)
Volcom has mentioned that CO4RJ (Colorado 4 Runner Jamboree) will be the same weekend so I thought that we could ALL get together and kill two birds with one stone.

As of today 6/19 I have to contact Dan (007) and see if the 2nd is still available for a half day trip (46 bucks I think)

This is how I see it going.

Friday Aug 1st

Arrive at camp/hotel and BS with others.

Sat Aug 2nd

Load up and get ready for half day of rafting. Then depending on what time we get done with that lunch and a quick wheel/scout. 7pm Camp fire: Stories of the day and general BS ing session some drinking too I suspect.

Sun. Aug 3rd

We won't be staying in a pay camp so there wont be a specific time we have to pay for another day or leave. I figured on wheeling for a while on Sunday and then for those of you who have to get back we could be back in camp by 5pm ish to load up and head home. Andrea and I are off the next week and will be headed up to Steamboat on Monday for a week of fishing/ camping so if there is anyone who wants to stay on Sunday night and head back Monday that's fine by us.

I know that it's kind of a tight schedule but I'm sure that if you can't raft there will be plenty of wheeling to do. I know that there are some folks over on Yota Tech that are headed up for the weekend just to camp and wheel.

We will be camping somewhere off of 305, 315, 376 or 376a just north of hwy 24/285 It's a non pay area and should be able to accommodate the two groups. Here's a link to a map

I will be going up this weekend to scout out the exact spot that we will be camping in. (as long as no one gets it before us) If anyone wants to go too or has any other camp site Idea's let me know.

So far I have these people:

Poorboyota26
MrDoug
Prodigy
Redrunnertc
Lysmachia (If Tippy is up and running)
Volcom
Mgoose82

I've never been wheeling up there and have a open/open on 31's so I know that I will be doing trails that may be difficult for my rig but easy for others. Maybe we could all get together and split into different groups. That way there is less congestion on the trail and we aren't always pulling the slow ones out of stuff. More fun for everyone.

Thanks,
Kevin

Rafting confirmed and Paid:

Poorboyota +3

86 runner
Rebuilt 22re, r151, ep9.0, 31's, addicted front bumper
04 Tacoma DC with custom body work
Dreams of owning a fzj80, fj60, fj45 troopy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatkid View Post
Yea, 2 days later and I still feel like a sack of assholes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Leary ExPo
Years from now, when we are dead and gone... the roaches will be driving little Toyotas with 3.4s.

Last edited by poorboyota26; 07-01-2008 at 08:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 198 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mgoose82
hey add me to that one. not sure if the other half will be with me, but i will be there atleast. we are going to be camping just outside of the town of jefferson then, so it's not a big deal for me to run out there and meet up with everyone for a few days

once a soldier, always a soldier

2001 ext cab taco
custom front bumper w/ reciever, double tube rear bumper, nerf bars turned into sliders, double tube roll bar, american racing wheels (prototypes), 285/75r Pro comp X-Terrains, 3" body lift, custom 5" rear lift, custom skids

to do: front spacers for this summer, collect parts for SAS
post #3 of 198 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 09:23 PM
Veteran Member

I'm talking to work tomorrow about getting that whole week off, so that I can go head up the Mosquito Pass run too. I'll let you know. BTW, I have wheeling and camping planned for the following week, so keep that in mind, everybody with limited wheeling built into their schedule.
post #4 of 198 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 06:31 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Just made the reservations and sent off an e-mail to them

I told them about 20 adults or so. If you are bringing the kiddies then let me know I have to give them an exact # so they have the staff.

The cut-off date is JULY 15th to sign up for the White Water Rafting.

I also figured we could run Tin Cup and then up and around on 209 back into BV sat. It's supposed to be an easy trail according to Trail Damage and there are some more techinical trails in the area.

86 runner

Quote:
Quote:
Years from now, when we are dead and gone... the roaches will be driving little Toyotas with 3.4s.
post #5 of 198 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 08:39 AM
Veteran Member

bitchin man.. thanks for organizing

de·gen·er·ate

I'm outside your window watching you read this.
post #6 of 198 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 12:44 PM
Veteran Member

I'll be wheeling the whole time (Holy Cross Friday, BV Carnage Saturday, and Chinamans Sunday) but rafting sounds like fun.
post #7 of 198 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 08:31 PM
Veteran Member

i'm down for the wheeling and camping, but as far as the rafting, even as much as i want to go, my back will be overly pissed at me, so count me out for just the rafting part

2001 ext cab taco
custom front bumper w/ reciever, double tube rear bumper, nerf bars turned into sliders, double tube roll bar, american racing wheels (prototypes), 285/75r Pro comp X-Terrains, 3" body lift, custom 5" rear lift, custom skids

post #8 of 198 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 10:22 PM
Veteran Member

It's on my calendar and I think we can manage two of us on this one! After a day of rafting, dirt and sunshine, we might opt for lodgings, but we'll see as the time draws near
post #9 of 198 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 03:12 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

We just got back from BV. I've never been there, and let me start off by saying WOW! I love the mountains. Always have always will. There are so many things about this area that are exactly how I picture "being in the mountains", to be like. We arrived there LATE because of me and my need to pack everything that we "might" need. So it's 10 pm and we are driving around the Four Mile area looking for a good campsite, and shining our lights on campers who are already established and setting by the fire. We find a campsite that will soot our needs and set up our tent by lantern light and go to bed.

I wake up at 6am to this

Ok enough about our trip it was great I did some wheeling and scared my wife then ate some grub and scouted out some camp sites and the area for us.

I think that the area known as "Four Mile" is a good place to camp. It's free and off the beaten path. There are a plethora of camp sites available if you get there before anyone else does but they are first come first serve.

So I will be leaving Thursday July 31 in the evening in order to "stake our claim to the following camp sites that could possibly hold 10-12 rigs total I was thinking of the guys over on YT as well and we could just be one big happy family with people coming and going as they please. If there are more people then there are some bigger spots but they had people in them at the time so I wasn't able to take pics of them.

If you look at the map supplied by staythetrail.org

If you look at the map you can see that where 305 meets up with the Lenhardy cut-off there is a seasonal gate. The following pictures are just to the west of the gate. The first two are on the north side of the road at the end of 305 The second group is the camp site marked on the map next to Road 305.

The north campsite

The south campsite

Tell me what you all think!!!

We did see some other camp sites but they are near main road traffic and I just didn't think that many people would like that. Even though these two sites are 10 yards from the road they are quite a ways back on rough dirt roads.

It's about 10 minutes to the main road and 20 more to the rafting place.

86 runner

Quote:
Quote:
post #10 of 198 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Chalkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorboyota26 View Post
We just got back from BV. I've never been there, and let me start off by saying WOW! I love the mountains. Always have always will. There are so many things about this area that are exactly how I picture "being in the mountains", to be like.
Then wait until you can really see the scenery from the high trails, instead of across the valley.

http://chalkcliffs.smugmug.com/galle...18497131_znPdR
post #11 of 198 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Almost Out of 9 Lives

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia
Hey all, some of us really have to do a little work this weekend for pre-run WFTW reasons... So we need to keep that in mind

Also I might actually be at a wedding... I know - I am not sure yet but trying to figure it out!

Molly
aka Lysmachia
85 4 Runner SAS (Tippy II) - All mashed together in 93runner and 85runner Goodness

Get your 4x4 VIDEO pr0n here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoug View Post
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools
post #12 of 198 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 04:11 PM

Send a message via MSN to hurley842002 Send a message via Yahoo to hurley842002
If I can get that sunday off, count me in. Sounds like it will be a hell of a time. hopefully i'll have my rear locker in by then.
post #13 of 198 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

We tried to go to the lake at the top but there was snow covering the trail and andrea isn't too much of an adventurer in that area.

86 runner

Quote:
Quote:
post #14 of 198 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 07:31 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorboyota26 View Post
We tried to go to the lake at the top but there was snow covering the trail and andrea isn't too much of an adventurer in that area.
Which lake? Baldwin? That looks like the trail to Baldwin. If that's the case, you made it further up than I thought was open.
post #15 of 198 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 08:50 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurley842002 View Post
If I can get that sunday off, count me in. Sounds like it will be a hell of a time. hopefully i'll have my rear locker in by then.
if you can't get sunday off, hopefully you can still make it up for friday and saturday, or maybe only one day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysmachia View Post
Hey all, some of us really have to do a little work this weekend for pre-run WFTW reasons... So we need to keep that in mind

Also I might actually be at a wedding... I know - I am not sure yet but trying to figure it out!
are you suggesting we need to get a meeting set up?

that so nice you want to be at my wedding, don't worry, it's the following weekend

2001 ext cab taco

post #16 of 198 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 09:22 PM
Almost Out of 9 Lives

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia
Oh man! I got weddings coming out of my ears!!! Looks Like I will NOT be there but TROY will.... I am going to CA for a TTORA wedding... (Got flower duty! )

Molly
aka Lysmachia
85 4 Runner SAS (Tippy II) - All mashed together in 93runner and 85runner Goodness

Get your 4x4 VIDEO pr0n here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoug View Post
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools
post #17 of 198 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 11:44 PM
Veteran Member

You guys are going to be down to drive down 285 (not as far) one more time the following weekend, right? I hope so... I want a good group for my run.
post #18 of 198 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Veteran Member

what's the date on your run? i might still be in the area

2001 ext cab taco

post #19 of 198 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 05:21 PM
Veteran Member

I'll be traveling through that area on 8/2 on my way to Crested Butte and Ouray. Probably take Mosquito and Tincup to get over there (assuming they're open). Hopefully I'll cross path with one or both (co4rj) groups.

1976 FJ40
2006 Tacoma *Sold*
post #20 of 198 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 09:54 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoose82 View Post
what's the date on your run? i might still be in the area
The following weekend. 8th-10th I believe.
post #21 of 198 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkie View Post
Which lake? Baldwin? That looks like the trail to Baldwin. If that's the case, you made it further up than I thought was open.
Yep we wanted to go fishing but didn't make it. If you had a quad you could get through but the toyota isn't that skinny. There was about 3' of trail showing at the second drift and the wife made me turn back.

86 runner

Quote:
Quote:
post #22 of 198 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Draw View Post
8/2am for rafting wheeling all weekend on various trails no sign up or anything just meet and go.

ON a side note:

I need to know who is most definatley going Rafting

8am - 12pm Aug 2nd 46 and change to go
I need 10 bucks per person as a deposit to save the day (Non Refundable) and if you do cancel it's 5 bucks more.
Kinda shitty if you ask me but we want to support our fellow member so....

I have:

Poorboyota26 +1
mrdoug
Prodigy
RedrunnerTC
Hurley842002 +1

86 runner

Quote:
Quote:
post #23 of 198 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Draw View Post
i might be able to meet up with you on the 10th, but my wedding is the 9th and that's usually a busy day for us up there anyway. i will try though

2001 ext cab taco

post #24 of 198 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 11:07 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to motochain
I was in BV on Monday, I would love to make this rafting/wheeling trip but I think it'll just be smooshing too many things together around that time. Take tons of pictures! That river looked like a thrill!

Tundra-->35's--->IFS--->Armor--->Stuff

IFS--->D60, one of these days....

'03 T4R
post #25 of 198 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 08:48 PM
Veteran Member

So peeps are aware of what else is going on ...

http://www.yotatech.com/f15/co4rj-2008-a-136929/

Former President - CO Chapter
Founding President - OH Chapter

'93 4Runner lockers, armor, tcases, & stuff

'14 Cadillac CTS VSport

Check out pix at www.4wheelingoh.shutterfly.com/action
post #26 of 198 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 11:49 PM
Veteran Member

Exclamation

hey just to let everyone know, i have just been informed that there are forest fires in that area right now. so we'll have to see how they turn out

2001 ext cab taco

post #27 of 198 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 07:21 AM
Veteran Member

Any updates on the fires?

Dale

93 4X4 ext-cab, auto, SR5, 3.4 V6, supercharged, 2.1" pulley, URD fuel mods, Aquamist WI, IPT valve body mod, dual cases, 4" superlift front, Alcan springs rear, 33 BFG MT, ARB locked front & rear, 5.29 US Gears, RB 1" Body Lift, 1.5" ball joint spacers, manual hubs, TJM T-17, Warn m8000.
post #28 of 198 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 10:15 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoose82 View Post
hey just to let everyone know, i have just been informed that there are forest fires in that area right now. so we'll have to see how they turn out
What area? BV?

There is currently a fire in Park County (the Nash Ranch Fire) which is now 50% contained.

There are no reports of fires in the Chaffee County (BV location) area at present per the GACC.

Edit: when you own property in the National Forest you tend to keep a close eye on this information.
post #29 of 198 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 01:45 PM
Veteran Member

That's all I could find. Here's a good resource:

http://www.nifc.gov/fire_info/nfn.htm
post #30 of 198 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkie View Post
What area? BV?

There is currently a fire in Park County (the Nash Ranch Fire) which is now 50% contained.

There are no reports of fires in the Chaffee County (BV location) area at present per the GACC.

Edit: when you own property in the National Forest you tend to keep a close eye on this information.
ok i wasn't exactly sure of the locations i was just told near BV thanks for the update

2001 ext cab taco

Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode