TTORA Forum banner

Trinchera Peak...

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  spindleshanks 
#1 ·
Myself and some of my friends, not sure of the exact number yet, have a camping trip planned for Trinchera Peak the week of July 31st to August 4th (Monday to Friday). It is a quick ride from the Springs, just after La Veta and Cuchara up from Bear and Blue lakes, and it is a very beautiful place. The 4x4 road to the top is rocky, but easy, and definately worth the ride, especially if you take the switchbacks to the top of the peak (you can see for miles, Holmes lake, the Sand Dunes, Blanca Peak, etc.). Last year we must have seen about 5-6 herds of mountain goats with some nice curls. I'll be there all week, and the rest will probably be coming and going so if you wanted to just run up it for a day or stay a few nights that's cool. Let me know if there is any interest and if anyone wants any more info. To get an idea of the location, check this link:

http://sangres.com/mountains/trinchera.htm

These guys actually walked it, but mention the trail and have some kick ass pics. As far as a rating goes, I would have to say it is similar to Medano Pass, with quite a bit more rocks, but nothing difficult, just slow at times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.