need a trany!!! - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to slickyota98
need a trany!!!

whats going on...
Im wondering if anyone could help me find a 5spd trany for a 2nd gen 4runner with a 3.0? I have totaly lost first gear and need to have that sometime... dont know how much more my clutch can take the starting from 2nd! i have talked to yota yard and they wanted $600. does anyone know where i can get one???
Thanks
Sean

98 taco, 2.7, getting sas, HP D44, 5.29's, ARB'ed, Flat bed, 37's or 40's???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 12:25 AM
Dun DUn DUN!

is this just going to be DD after you get your shiznit finished? if so a junkyard tranny might be the best way to go. i know the last time i was at pull n save in denver they had an old school toy.... i can't remember if the tranny was in it still or not but its like 80 bucks for just the tranny from them. who knows what condition its in but you can always put that in and take yours to a shop and get it fixed....... they can fix anything lol

99 Taco with 5 inches of lift and some toys....
12 Jetta TDI that the wife commandeered
03 Silverado tow pig double extra long green edition
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 03:59 PM
Almost Out of 9 Lives

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia
Hey you might want to give a shout out to Nicole (on the board) and see if she can help - she might be able to get you ther toyota part at cost since she is a toyota tech at a denver Totota dealer. Just a thought... I think her screen name is blown4runner

Molly
aka Lysmachia
85 4 Runner SAS (Tippy II) - All mashed together in 93runner and 85runner Goodness

Get your 4x4 VIDEO pr0n here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoug View Post
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 12:24 PM
Veteran Member

Molly's right, although a new remanned one would cost more than a junkyard one. But I do know some re-build shops that might have one for maybe half the price. My old master tech's new apprentice just cracked a case on a tacoma 5spd tranny by over tightening the drain plug and got a remanned one for $300. If ya need help I could atleast ask around.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 04:46 PM
Almost Out of 9 Lives

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia
There is also a junkyard up here near Erie (that Rich and I scouted last week) that deals primarily in Japanese vehicles. I couldn't get any Burfs off of them, because they want to sell the axles whole, but I bet they have some tranny's. Can't remember the name but I am sure Erie is in it and it is on Weld County Road 5

Molly
aka Lysmachia
85 4 Runner SAS (Tippy II) - All mashed together in 93runner and 85runner Goodness

Get your 4x4 VIDEO pr0n here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoug View Post
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode