chk your frame - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

chk your frame

it has come to my attention that these longer than stock shackle set ups we all run are causing our little toy frames to bend,check out the upper rear shackle mount,it has bent the c channel down from the inside of the frame, also the bolt that runs directly through the upper bushing is totally built wrong,it has the bolt threads running right through the bushing,whoops,mine was so buggered up it wouldn't come out,had to use the BFH on it and got it out,these shackles need a sleeve and bushing set up just like all set ups do,i'm going to completely rebuild mine so as to run a thicker bushing,9/16's bolt and a sleeve inside of it,also it will require me to fill the upper bolt hole on the shackle and redrill for 9/16's,using a thick bushing will allow better articulation and not destroy things when it's all flexed up,i'll post some pics when i get it redone,please post up if this is happening to you as well,
bet it is!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 04:55 PM
Almost Out of 9 Lives

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia
Isn't this the same thing you were talking about here? http://forums.delphiforums.com/Xtrem...ages/?msg=34.1 (Glad you reposted as it seems the new forum is finally picking up...)

Molly
aka Lysmachia
85 4 Runner SAS (Tippy II) - All mashed together in 93runner and 85runner Goodness

Get your 4x4 VIDEO pr0n here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoug View Post
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode