Good Gear shop? - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Good Gear shop?

I've been seeking a shop to re-gear my diff's and I've been getting labor estimates anywhere from $700-4000 The $700 esitmate seems like the most realistic and is the closest to my home in Castle Rock, but he said he's never done a Totota diff before.

Anyone have a place they have used or trust to do gears in the south metro area (basically between I-25 and Colorado Springs)?

2002 V6, X-Cab,TRD SUPERCHARGER, IK22 plugs, URD 2.0" pulley, URD 7th injector kit w/ AFR Calibrator, TRD Headers, TRD Cat-Back, AEM Brute Force w/ Dryflow, ported & polished throtle body, URD Crankshaft pulley, 4.56 Motiv gears, ARB RD-90 locker, 255/85/16 TRXuS MT's, DR Coilovers, Camburg UCA, Skyjacker 2.5" leaf springs, Wheeler's SS rear brakeline, Bilstien 5100's, on board air
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 12:29 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathegood View Post
between I-25 and Colorado Springs)?
Last time I checked, I-25 went right through Colorado Springs .... so that's not much of an area! LOL

You should be looking about $200/axle if you take the diff/third out and into the shop. About $1500 if you drop the truck off.

Former President - CO Chapter
Founding President - OH Chapter

'93 4Runner lockers, armor, tcases, & stuff

'14 Cadillac CTS VSport

Check out pix at www.4wheelingoh.shutterfly.com/action
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 03:37 PM

yeah that 4grand is pretty high considering you can buy an entire third already assembled with 5.29's and an arb for like 1300 on trailgear.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 04:41 PM
Veteran Member

Astro automotive. 100 per diff on the bench(you take it to them) probably more if you just take in the truck.

2007 Toyota Super Taco
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 08:33 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpenc View Post
yeah that 4grand is pretty high considering you can buy an entire third already assembled with 5.29's and an arb for like 1300 on trailgear.
You know, that's a good point - you can buy thirds from TrailGear or Randy's and install them yourself for only slightly more than buying the parts and paying for setup...

Former President - CO Chapter
Founding President - OH Chapter

'93 4Runner lockers, armor, tcases, & stuff

'14 Cadillac CTS VSport

Check out pix at www.4wheelingoh.shutterfly.com/action
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRunnertc View Post
Last time I checked, I-25 went right through Colorado Springs .... so that's not much of an area! LOL

You should be looking about $200/axle if you take the diff/third out and into the shop. About $1500 if you drop the truck off.
Oops! I-70 & Colorado Springs.

I was looking at a drive it in - drive it out situation. Transportation to and from the shop is limited. Sounds like $350/axle isn't too bad of a deal and within biking distance of the house. Too bad I just spent the ARB money on a downpayment for my wife's new FJC!!!

2002 V6, X-Cab,TRD SUPERCHARGER, IK22 plugs, URD 2.0" pulley, URD 7th injector kit w/ AFR Calibrator, TRD Headers, TRD Cat-Back, AEM Brute Force w/ Dryflow, ported & polished throtle body, URD Crankshaft pulley, 4.56 Motiv gears, ARB RD-90 locker, 255/85/16 TRXuS MT's, DR Coilovers, Camburg UCA, Skyjacker 2.5" leaf springs, Wheeler's SS rear brakeline, Bilstien 5100's, on board air

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode