Check engine light and rear leafs - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to tallsailor
Check engine light and rear leafs

Hi!

I had a check engine light turn on while I was driving back to Gunnison from Vegas a week and a half ago. I called a friend and he said don't worry about it if the truck is running fine, which it was, so I drove home. I would like to figure out what it's indicating, but I am a poor college student. If anybody in the Gunnison area has the scanner thingy to pull error codes and would like to help me out, I would really appreciate it. My truck is a 96' Taco, 2.7L.

My other question is: does anybody have a stock rear leaf pack laying around that they would be willing to part with for cheap? My back end is sagging bad, and I will be carrying a lot of weight in my bed all summer (moving into my truck when it gets warm to save $$$). I want to build a custom leaf pack that will take the weight and give me my full lift height back (I have a 3 inch shackle lift, but the leafs sag at least 2 inches). A leaf pack with some life left would be nice. While I know I could get my current pack re-arched, the main leaf is so bad it's a little "S" shaped. It seems like it would be a better idea to start with a better leaf pack and add some of my current secondary leafs to stiffen it up. I plan on keeping the overload leaf.

Thanks,
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 02:16 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Chalkie
The Autozone stores, at least here in the Springs, will read the code for you without charge.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 02:43 PM
Veteran Member

x2 checkers, autozone, advance auto, will all lend it out right there. i have the same truck, and probably the same problem. code 0420, cat, exhaust leak, or o2 sensor. i also have the same leaf problem. whadda ya know. i have a 96 taco 2.7 too. get that code pulled.

search before doing anything, even farting, or people will shove that fart so far up your ass, your burp will smell like shit.

96 Tacoma SX 2.7 5spd, bone stock on 31's.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to tallsailor
cat, exhaust leak, or O2 sensor... I probably have all three going for me! My cat rattles, I'm sure my exaust manifold is cracked, and the dang truck has 200000+ miles so it's about time for an O2 sensor to go. Well, Gunny is tiny and has a car quest and a napa. I will have to see if the guys at car quest will help me out.

Thanks for the replies!

John
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 10:14 AM

Ahhh yes the good old 0420 error code. Thats what my truck has going on right now too

2001 silver Tacoma TRD 3.4 extended cab, Rear e-Locker, OME 882 w/ N91S, Arb Bullbar, Hella 500's, Hella Micro FF's, fabbed acrylic dash w/ rocker switches, 265/75/16 duellers, Deckplate mod, ISR, drop in K&N, XM, Gunmetal'd wheels, Limo black 5% tints, glasstite topper, Debadged, Custom Stealth 12" sub Line-x, Custom bed storage/sleep system.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 12:12 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to gr8goose82
mine is the same way. the truck runs great since my engine rebuild, but i got tired of the light so i just pulled the dash and disconnected the light

Once a Soldier, Always a Soldier

01 Taco TRD, 3' body lift, ProComp 9000's on all four, custom bumpers, custom paint, American Racing wheels, 33' ProComp X-Terrains, grey wire mod, and soon, my flag will be returned to the rollbar and bed.
Oh yeah, i got the funny looking spare tire holder, and the long ass whip
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Veteran Member

my check engine light just went off.

search before doing anything, even farting, or people will shove that fart so far up your ass, your burp will smell like shit.

96 Tacoma SX 2.7 5spd, bone stock on 31's.
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode