What shop for Toy-Tec Lift (Grand/Summit/Denver)? - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

What shop for Toy-Tec Lift (Grand/Summit/Denver)?

I need someone to recommend a shop to do a Toy-tech lift.
I'm strongly inclined to the ToyTec lift "soft ride", using the OME coils, alcan add-a-leaf, and the bilsteins to get a 3" lift. My goal is to clear some obstacles on a road I use frequently, with the added weight of a camper shell on a 2001 extended cab.
Toy-tec recommended a shop in Denver, on South Cherokee, which may be called the "Toy Shop".
Any reviews, or suggestions of other shops, would be most welcome. I live up in Grand County, but I'd like to hear from anyone who had good experiences with a shop. Thanks.

01 Xtnd Cab 4x4 3.4 supercharged
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Almost Out of 9 Lives

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia
Hmmm... Grand county huh? Well the guys who have done all my work know Toyota's intimatly and they can do the lift. All Phase Off Road in Longmont CO. (303)678-7413 http://www.allphaseoffroad.com/ Vaughn or Dave will answer. Tell 'em Molly recomended them. If you live in GC what you could probably do is pick a day to pick up the lift from Doug (ToyTech) in the morning and then bring it over to All Phase. They should be able to get the lift done in 2-3 hours. They also have the equipment to compress the coils into place. Just bring a book os romething to do - and there is a starbucks and Mexican place nearby...

I think their quality is excellent and their prices are always fair.

Molly
aka Lysmachia
85 4 Runner SAS (Tippy II) - All mashed together in 93runner and 85runner Goodness

Get your 4x4 VIDEO pr0n here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoug View Post
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools

Last edited by Lysmachia; 06-10-2006 at 12:20 PM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 08:19 PM
Veteran Member

Dude do it yourself. Tacotoy could do that job in his sleep.....pipe up Rich! i have the ToyTec w/ Alcan AAL's waiting to install (since like NOvember, I know, I"M a slacker). It's remarkably easy. A bunch of us did the job on MuddButt's truck before he expatriated himself from the club. (don't be an elitist stranger muddbutt!) I also have a camper shell, and ARE, and am going to use KYB MOnomax shocks for the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRunnertc View Post
Aren't you a Regional Manager AND a little bitch?
Mr.Clean '03 Taco
As yet unnamed '03 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 10:25 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to pimptoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnM
I need someone to recommend a shop to do a Toy-tech lift.
I'm strongly inclined to the ToyTec lift "soft ride", using the OME coils, alcan add-a-leaf, and the bilsteins to get a 3" lift. My goal is to clear some obstacles on a road I use frequently, with the added weight of a camper shell on a 2001 extended cab.
Toy-tec recommended a shop in Denver, on South Cherokee, which may be called the "Toy Shop".
Any reviews, or suggestions of other shops, would be most welcome. I live up in Grand County, but I'd like to hear from anyone who had good experiences with a shop. Thanks.

buy the kit, go down to autozone and rent a coil compressor its super easy

99 SAC TACO TRUGGY FOR NOW + = stay tuned

WAS ONE OF THE FIRST MEMBERS OF THE COLORADO CHAPTER!!!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 01:46 AM
Almost Out of 9 Lives

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia
Yes it is super easy but I wish one of us would pipe up as how super easy it was.... If I could wish my place as a place to wrench I would but no one wrenches in a parking lot! LMAO!

Molly
aka Lysmachia
85 4 Runner SAS (Tippy II) - All mashed together in 93runner and 85runner Goodness

Get your 4x4 VIDEO pr0n here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoug View Post
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 08:09 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysmachia
.... but no one wrenches in a parking lot! LMAO!
molly you need to get out more, i wrenched on my shit int he parking lot all the time at my place, lol

http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.ph...49#post1247549

Opinions are like ASSHOLES, everyone has one, I just don't care to hear yours!

www.xtoffroad.com
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 10:49 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysmachia
Yes it is super easy but I wish one of us would pipe up as how super easy it was.... If I could wish my place as a place to wrench I would but no one wrenches in a parking lot! LMAO!

psh floor jacks in the parking lot.... its easy. just a concrete parking lot would be nicer with the heat we have been having

99 Taco with 5 inches of lift and some toys....
12 Jetta TDI that the wife commandeered
03 Silverado tow pig double extra long green edition
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Just wanted to say thanks for all the positive comments.
Hope I'm making the right choice with the ToyTech 3" softride lift.

01 Xtnd Cab 4x4 3.4 supercharged
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 07:44 PM
Veteran Member

I just swapped out the springs in my same ToyTec/OME kit for the 882's, since I now have a winch and bumper to support. Doug traded me up the new, in-box uninstalled 881s for the 882s, no problem. I bought the kit in November, and been slacking for six months on the install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRunnertc View Post
Aren't you a Regional Manager AND a little bitch?
Mr.Clean '03 Taco
As yet unnamed '03 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100

Last edited by spindleshanks; 06-20-2006 at 07:57 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode