TTORA Forum banner

Welding Party

2K views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  ike 
#1 ·
Anyone want to have a welding party next weekend? Need to do bumps maybe some armor stuff. Got all the tools needed, just need a place. :cool:

#3 ·
If I wasn't working this weekend, I would say, come on by, I have some bumpers to build.....but I'm working this weekend....

#7 ·
Mine is a 220 mig, but it doesn't have the same hook up's as Seans so that extension cord won't work. I don't really have the funds to go build myself a new one yet.

Ziggy, You're welcome at my place if you can make due with 110. 92RegCab, you're welcome as well.

#9 ·
probably... but I know it won't reach my garage from my kitchen, it might at your place, but the cord on my welder is only 10ft I think the extension you have is another 10ft or so. It might be tight. I'd be willing to bring it down for the afternoon.

Ziggy says he has a 110 welder tho. If that would do the work he needs done, that'd probably be easier. Not sure what 92RegCab has in mind (I remember seeing the corners, but don't remember the thickness).

#12 ·
Thanks Doug! Mine says it needs a 30 amp breaker for 110v. It will go up to 70 amps with that breaker supposedly. Does 120 amps on a 220v circuit. I'm sure you could still use it with lower amperage if you've got a 20 amp. Haven't tried that out yet. You have to re-wire the welder each time. :rolleyes:Chicago electric. Might want to bring a decent helmet too.

Just curious, but if most houses have a 100 amp service, can you make your own 220v hookup by running lines from two 110v circuits and wiring the grounds and neutral together? Then you would have two 110v wires to make a 220v with 40 amps of current? Would have to run that past an electrician before I would ever try it though.

#14 ·
Thanks Doug! Mine says it needs a 30 amp breaker for 110v. It will go up to 70 amps with that breaker supposedly. Does 120 amps on a 220v circuit. I'm sure you could still use it with lower amperage if you've got a 20 amp. Haven't tried that out yet. You have to re-wire the welder each time. :rolleyes:Chicago electric. Might want to bring a decent helmet too.
So, I have 110 with 20 amp breakers in my garage. I thought you were looking for a garage to hook your welder up in and do some work. If that's the case, and my power seems like it would work for you, I can open it up on Sunday.

Anybody is welcome, let me know.

#15 ·
My bumper is just .120 wall, which will have to be welded to the frame. However, i think the tech guys at work are going to help me get my truck wrapped up (bumper finished/welded on, body work finished/tidied up) monday after work.

Then im painting it tuesday or wednesday morning before work :D

finally!

#25 ·
I dont go balls to the wall skinny pedal anymore, sorry folks :p

I dont really feel that it was ballsy, it was tippy, but it really felt quite stable, i didnt feel like i was going to flop. Even hopping a little on that wall, i felt fine, i was just worried about either instant traction, or sliding back and momentum carrying the front end over the rear really.

Im out if you're doing this tomorrow zach, sorry man lol, its almost 4am and im beat.

#23 · (Edited)
Ziggy, I'm not sure if you know where my place is. Like I said, anybody is welcome to swing by and hang out or whatever. I'll be doing my oil and maint stuff. 10 am is about the earliest I'd suggest coming by. You can come by sooner if you need, but I'll still be workin on my coffee and might not the hospitality like normal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.