HOW - December 15, 2007 - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 126 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

HOW - December 15, 2007

We got a set of lights to install, what else?

Former President - CO Chapter
Founding President - OH Chapter

'93 4Runner lockers, armor, tcases, & stuff

'14 Cadillac CTS VSport

Check out pix at www.4wheelingoh.shutterfly.com/action
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 126 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 07:51 PM
Almost Out of 9 Lives

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia
Bend tippy's sliders back to normal...

Molly
aka Lysmachia
85 4 Runner SAS (Tippy II) - All mashed together in 93runner and 85runner Goodness

Get your 4x4 VIDEO pr0n here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoug View Post
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools
post #3 of 126 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 08:04 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to TowerRigger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysmachia View Post
Bend tippy's sliders back to normal...
Weld some gussets on to tippy's sliders so they don't bend again.

Is IFS something you can get penicillin for???

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindleshanks View Post
You flew too close to the sun on wings of whiskey, my friend.
post #4 of 126 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 08:31 PM
Veteran Member

There were some gussets on there, the frame looked "tweaked" to me. BFH might bring it back down to the correct height.

I can't make the 15th, I have to work.
post #5 of 126 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Almost Out of 9 Lives

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia
Yeah I wouldn;t be surprised if her frame is tweaked. I have beat the hell out of her. I think it is her turn to beat the hell out of me!

Molly
aka Lysmachia
85 4 Runner SAS (Tippy II) - All mashed together in 93runner and 85runner Goodness

Quote:
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools
post #6 of 126 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 11:20 PM
Veteran Member

Hmmm...I'll try and get this day off. Thanks for announcing it a little more in advance. I can never make it to last minute shit, because I am always without a doubt, working.

I was kinda wondering, since you guys might be welding stuff... Could somebody possibly give me a real basic welding lesson? I could buy some scrap metal if needed. I have a 220 arc welder that isn't set up. I have no idea how to use it. I would really like to make armor of my own for my truck, among various other things, but so far I can't do a damn thing.

1980 Toyota Pickup: CB antenna, custom 2-tone paint, duct tape mod, weight reduction, 29" meats. sway bar and torque bar removed for MAD FLEX.
post #7 of 126 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 11:09 AM
Veteran Member

i just bought like 6 lights off the national board. 2 hella 500's and 4 no namers. they are being shipped today, so if i get them, i have to buy some wiring harnesses, and then get some holes drilled in the front bumper. i will probably just do the 2 hella 500's up front. and maybe some reverse lights, and possibly even a couple rock lights. we'll see. i will come up anyways. i got nothin to do next saturday.

search before doing anything, even farting, or people will shove that fart so far up your ass, your burp will smell like shit.

96 Tacoma SX 2.7 5spd, bone stock on 31's.
post #8 of 126 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

I will see about getting the welder and plasma cutter for that weekend.

'14 Cadillac CTS VSport

post #9 of 126 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 10:32 AM

Since next Saturday is a go, can someone pm me with directions to the H.O.W. from Sterling. I know I probably need to head down I-76 West but where do I go from there?

My current one:
2007 Tacoma 4X4 extended cab TRD off road package. Speedway Blue
5100 Bilstein shocks set to 2.5", Rear leaf TSB, Randy Ellis design lightbar, 4 Piaa 80 racing series off road lights from my 97' Tacoma.

My last one:
1997 Tacoma 4X4 extended cab.
White
Pre runner bumper, 4 PIAA 80 racing series off road lights, American eagle rims, 31" BFG All Terrains and a few other little things. Lost her in 01' because of a bad lease deal.(Will never lease again!)
post #10 of 126 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Almost Out of 9 Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Draw View Post
I was kinda wondering, since you guys might be welding stuff... Could somebody possibly give me a real basic welding lesson? I could buy some scrap metal if needed. I have a 220 arc welder that isn't set up. I have no idea how to use it. I would really like to make armor of my own for my truck, among various other things, but so far I can't do a damn thing.
Well we can't use your 220 here (We don't have a 220 hook up) But... since troy is trying to get the 110 welder and plasma cutter we can use that. The thing is Troy and I are not ideal teachers cuz we really need to learn too. Anyone else??

Molly
aka Lysmachia

Quote:
post #11 of 126 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Veteran Member

If we could set up a "Basic Welding for Beginners" class, it looks like we have a few students, including myself, Katherine, Brandon, a friend of mine in Aspen...

Eric Ross
Denver, CO
07FJC

“Not all who wander are lost…”

http://curtisparkcruiser.weebly.com/

ARB this and that, Warn this and that, OME this and that, Armor this and that, Recovery & Repair this and that...
post #12 of 126 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Veteran Member

Since I'm not familliar with the area I don't know if it is offered. But back home at the comunity colleges they have 101 welding classes. I always REALLY wanted to take one. The best teacher though is just doing it. Build a small trailer or something that your life or rig doesn't depend on that's still usefull. A really good first project is a welding cart and metal bench.

Quote:
post #13 of 126 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerRigger View Post
Since I'm not familliar with the area I don't know if it is offered. But back home at the comunity colleges they have 101 welding classes. I always REALLY wanted to take one. The best teacher though is just doing it. Build a small trailer or something that your life or rig doesn't depend on that's still usefull. A really good first project is a welding cart and metal bench.
Yes, they are available here, but thought it would be more fun with friends.

Eric Ross
Denver, CO
07FJC

“Not all who wander are lost…”

http://curtisparkcruiser.weebly.com/

ARB this and that, Warn this and that, OME this and that, Armor this and that, Recovery & Repair this and that...
post #14 of 126 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 07:13 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to march2304 Send a message via Yahoo to march2304
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjcruzer View Post
If we could set up a "Basic Welding for Beginners" class, it looks like we have a few students, including myself, Katherine, Brandon, a friend of mine in Aspen...
I would love to learn to weld. Too bad i work that weekend.

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited.

www.bajacolorado.com

Work to Live NOT Live to Work
post #15 of 126 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 08:12 PM
Almost Out of 9 Lives

We actually might be able to get something exclusive for our club. General Air does a one day beginning class for like $55 . Maybe we can put something together for after the holidays??

Molly
aka Lysmachia

Quote:
post #16 of 126 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Veteran Member

!#*@ I really gotta finally show up at one of these (got way too many projects). I've got about 4 yrs experience with welding stuff. Would love to learn more about plasma cutting as Ive only had a few experiences to learn. The 15th is clear for me. Did you ever post an exact location?
post #17 of 126 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 08:39 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
We actually might be able to get something exclusive for our club. General Air does a one day beginning class for like $55 . Maybe we can put something together for after the holidays??

I like the sound of this.

Black quad cab TRD, moded inside and out, locked up on 35's, capable of getting there and back.
post #18 of 126 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Veteran Member

I may have a new rust bucket '79 short box 4X4 when the 15th rolls around. I mean, seriously, a real pile of crap. If I get it, it'll need a tune-up. I'll let y'all know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRunnertc View Post
Aren't you a Regional Manager AND a little bitch?
Mr.Clean '03 Taco
As yet unnamed '03 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100
post #19 of 126 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 04:55 AM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to vwfastg60
Quote:
Im SOOOOO down for welding class!!! Molly remind me this is going on i will come out cause i work in foco on sunday morning and will shoot up I25 and crash at the shop before work.

Quote:
I may have a new rust bucket '79 short box 4X4 when the 15th rolls around. I mean, seriously, a real pile of crap. If I get it, it'll need a tune-up. I'll let y'all know.
I have a bunch of old 22r stuff you can grab if you need it.

i have a gas axe thats out of oxygen but small bottle would be cheap or find the adapter for my big bottles you guys can use it. I have a 110mig and a gas set up if you guys wanna use it.

87 Dlx Longbed mall crawler
93 c3500 lowerthanstockdually
10 jaguar xf- about to be forsale
04 760li on 22's- soon to be forsale
02 Vette to show the world I'm compensating-forsale
post #20 of 126 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 09:28 AM
Veteran Member

I would like a fun welding get together. But I want to get my certs. It's just another thing to make me a little more desirable to my company. Not many welders will do their thing at 1000 foot. There have already been a couple times that I could have saved the day if could have welded on a tower.

Quote:
post #21 of 126 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 10:49 AM
Veteran Member

I have sliders and rear bumper that need installing. But the weather's been so bad I haven't had a chance to paint them.

I may get the sliders professionally welded (with gussets), as I'm dealing with a local welder on some sno-cat tracks right now anyway. I used to weld, but since my eyes won't focus for close work anymore, I don't trust my work in awkward places.

My glance at Tippy's sliders indicated the side of the frame rail was tweaked a bit. It did not look like the whole rail was twisted significantly, though. I'll bring my "railroad bar" and a cheater pipe this Sat.

2004 Tacoma Reg Cab, armor, lockers
post #22 of 126 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I kinda get the feeling that this is going to be forgotten about after the holidays. Therefore, I would be happy to take it into my own hands. Molly, if you could get me some information about the company (i.e. Where they are, maybe a phone#) I could see if I could set something up for the club, like late January or something. Then I can start a thread to see who's going and when...

1980 Toyota Pickup: CB antenna, custom 2-tone paint, duct tape mod, weight reduction, 29" meats. sway bar and torque bar removed for MAD FLEX.
post #23 of 126 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 12:20 PM
ike
Veteran Member

I have a set of coilovers as well as some dakars to install. Hopeing to get them on sometime this week, but if the weekend rolls around i may show up there and see if i can get some help with them.
post #24 of 126 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Veteran Member

so who all is gonna be there? looks like:

hanksyota (+1 maybe new lil lady) (lights, drill into bumper for lights)
jaydawg (lights)
redrunner/lysmachia (of course they'll be there shit)
quickdraw??? (you comin bud?)
turbo4runner (parts depending)

who else?

i can bring some beers.

search before doing anything, even farting, or people will shove that fart so far up your ass, your burp will smell like shit.

96 Tacoma SX 2.7 5spd, bone stock on 31's.
post #25 of 126 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 01:50 PM

I have a bunch of OME suspension goodies on the way (new leafs, 4 new shocks, new ball joints, bj spacers. I can FINALLY can get rid of the stupid lift blocks). I kinda doubt it'll get here by the 15th (just placed the order today) but if it does I could use some help for sure!!

If it doesn't get here by then, I'll probably try and tackle it at home. I'm taking the truck down to southern New Mexico for Christmas and i'd sure like to have the new suspension on there first..

'87 4Runner, Turbo'd 22RE, CT26 @ 15psi, Worked Head/Cam/Valves, FMIC, 450cc injectors, MegaSquirt, SS IFS Truss, Manual Hub swap, 4.88 gears, Rear ARB, Front TruTrack.
post #26 of 126 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

A couple things:

- I will have my buddy's 110V MIG and plasma cutter

- First come, first served. Looks like we're getting some pretty big projects and if things don't go right, we might not have time to get to everyone in one day.

- Donations for Molly's cooking are welcome. $5 is the recommended amount.

- Bring whatever you would like to drink!

'14 Cadillac CTS VSport

post #27 of 126 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 03:21 PM

Quote:
A couple things:

- I will have my buddy's 110V MIG and plasma cutter

- First come, first served. Looks like we're getting some pretty big projects and if things don't go right, we might not have time to get to everyone in one day.

- Donations for Molly's cooking are welcome. $5 is the recommended amount.

- Bring whatever you would like to drink!
So where is it located at and what is the earliest someone can arrive? I have around an 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive I figure so I want to plan everything out before I leave Saturday morning.

My current one:
2007 Tacoma 4X4 extended cab TRD off road package. Speedway Blue
5100 Bilstein shocks set to 2.5", Rear leaf TSB, Randy Ellis design lightbar, 4 Piaa 80 racing series off road lights from my 97' Tacoma.

My last one:
1997 Tacoma 4X4 extended cab.
White
Pre runner bumper, 4 PIAA 80 racing series off road lights, American eagle rims, 31" BFG All Terrains and a few other little things. Lost her in 01' because of a bad lease deal.(Will never lease again!)
post #28 of 126 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

PM sent

Say 9:00 maybe?

'14 Cadillac CTS VSport

post #29 of 126 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Veteran Member

I have an idea for the welding class. IF we can get the people who really want to learn to come on over for a Wyoming run I can get my weld foreman to give a 1 day class. I have 10 machines and everyone can practice at once.
Otherwise next time I am down there I will give a quick burn and learn. Keep in Mind I despise welding though.

And yes I am just making another excuse for a Wyoming run!
post #30 of 126 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 06:02 PM
Veteran Member

I'll be there. If I can get the '79 running well enough, I'd like to check the valve lash adjustments and maybe do some plugs/wires/cap rotor, etc.

If not, then I'll be bringing the other Toyota (I love saying that!)

Quote:
Aren't you a Regional Manager AND a little bitch?
Mr.Clean '03 Taco
As yet unnamed '03 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode