FJ at Toyota Technical Training Center in UT - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Retired

FJ at Toyota Technical Training Center in UT

Hey, all,

I scoped this thing cruising around town one day and today it was parked in front of the Toyota Technical Training Center at my school. The Training Center is where local technicians are sent for University of Toyota training so they can remain current with the products and repair procedures.

Here's the pics I got with my phone:

Oh, yeah, that's snow in Utah in April. This is a god damn desert climate, too.

If anyone has any technical questions about the FJ, I am more than willing to ask the instructor running the center. He should have the low-down on the new vehicle.

I'm a Toyota student, so make use of me

-Thomas

I love to buy my parts from TRDParts4U.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 08:11 PM
Veteran Member

ya, ask him why toyota made that HUGE blind spot on the sides?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenexus
Will do, and I'll put my hands up like I'm describing a huge fish or something

-Thomas

I love to buy my parts from TRDParts4U.com
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 08:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to AngryAndy Send a message via Yahoo to AngryAndy
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenexus
I have had cars with much worse blind spots. Yes, when I turn and look over my shoulder, I see very little...but the HUGE side mirrors make that HUGE blind spot perfectly visable; for me. I thought the same thing as you did at first glance, but driving it for a while now, I am used to it, and can see with no probs.

"Soupbowl Challenge Winner 2006"

1997 Xtracab SAS Tacoma
1989 SAS 4runner "Project Angry"
2007 FJ Cruiser
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 08:23 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK98Taco
Will do, and I'll put my hands up like I'm describing a huge fish or something
Sounds good to me. Andy I do agree with as well, you'll probable just get use to it after a while. It's not something that I would use to cause both of the car that I've had/currently own have small blind spots (corolla/camry). Then again my work truck has a blind spot but just not that big.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 08:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to poorhillbilly
who looks over they're shoulders anyways? haha. im just joking around. ive learned to just keep my eyes glancing at the mirrors at all tiems to see where things are aroudn me and learn to judge the distances aroudn me. then when I wanna change lanes or anything, i give myself extra room in the mirrors and all is good. i only ususally look over the shoudler if im in heavy traffic.

'99 taco extended cab. with 3" cornfed, aftermarket radio, glasspack and 3 1/2" pipes after cat just for kicks. nothing else really besides a few stickers for some serious horses.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 12:27 AM

Send a message via AIM to yosemitesamiam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Andy
I have had cars with much worse blind spots. Yes, when I turn and look over my shoulder, I see very little...but the HUGE side mirrors make that HUGE blind spot perfectly visable; for me. I thought the same thing as you did at first glance, but driving it for a while now, I am used to it, and can see with no probs.
I agree, it only takes a bit of time to get used to a new car. There is no such thing as a HUGE blind spot in such a small vehicle. I mean, hasn't anyone driven a windowless van around here? Or maybe a bigrig?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosemitesamiam
I agree, it only takes a bit of time to get used to a new car. There is no such thing as a HUGE blind spot in such a small vehicle. I mean, hasn't anyone driven a windowless van around here? Or maybe a bigrig?
I drive a windowless van at work ( in San Francisco ) so the Fj is a piece of cake to drive. Andys right the mirrors are large and well placed.

2007 FJ Cruiser 4x4...Yellow and White. A-trac, rear differential lock, Upgrade package #2 with 17" alloys. 285/70-17 MTR's, Home made level lift, Rock sliders, LCA skides, All-Pro extreme LCA links, Home made Highlift jack clamps, 4 KC's on roof rack,
1987 4runner SR5 22RE 5spd. Budbuilt skids & transf. case cross member, Flowmaster. 32x11.50/15 BFG MT's, home made 1" body lift, sliders, winch plate.
Had a 81 PU SR5 4x4 long bed brand new as my first new vehicle.... loved that truck!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode