Today I received my OME lift kit from the great folks at Toyota of Dallas (aka www.fjcruiseroffroad.com
. Valkyrie (Chris) was awesome in helping me select the right components to meet my needs. Thank you Chris!
I took my time and completed the installation in about 4.5 hours and will have it aligned at the Toyota dealer tomorrow. I have to say that the installation was very straightforward and with the step-by-step instructions provided by Toyota of Dallas there were no hiccups. I am not a mechanic, just a person that is dangerous with tools
, and I think the install went very smooth.
I took some measurements prior to installation and afterwards. The lift kit increased the front height by 3.25" and the rear height by 2.75". The suspension will settle with time, so I plan to take more measurements in a week or so. While I haven't driven it very far yet, the ride is much better than stock. I will post more on the ride characteristics after I get it aligned and have a chance to get some in-the-seat time.
Here is a list of what I installed.
OME95PF5 Trim pack
OME896 Coil springs
OMEN142 Rear shocks
I selected these specific components for the following reasons:
1) I have an ARB Bull Bar and Warn M8000 winch on my FJ already (think: +190 lbs on the front)
2) I will be purchasing a rear bumper w/tire carrier when available (think: +100 lbs on the rear)
3) I have already upgraded tires & wheels (285/70-17 MT/R's) that weigh more then stock (think: +30 lbs on the rear)
4) I will load my FJ up for extended camping trips and wanted improved cargo carrying capacity over stock
5) I use a hitch mounted dirt bike carrier to haul my CRF450R (think: +250 lbs on the rear)
6) I will probably do some towing with my FJ
7) I intend to wheel the heck out of my FJ and wanted increase height and articulation improvement over stock
Here are a few pictures:
This picture is of everything that was installed. Note: The strut/spring compressor that I used was from AutoZone. They offer free tool rentals for 1 week.