TTORA Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lets talk about SETO 12!

3K views 36 replies 12 participants last post by  *Darcy* 
#1 ·
When: Labor Day weekend - September 2-5, 2016

What: Southeast Takeover 12!

WHERE: <----- This is what we are looking for input on :)

Comments, suggestions, ideas, etc. Share them here!

The brave (?) Gregers05 has stepped up to help make things happen again this year! Last year was a success and we are hoping for another great year of SETO fun, wheeling, and catching up with friends.

#2 ·
Back to windrock?

Golden mountain?

some other amazing place that everyone promises to show up to?

#4 ·
I agree with Trevor. AOP would be an awesome spot. There's plenty of wheeling for everyone. Plenty of space for camping. Town is not too far away for beer runs, hotels, grub, etc. Only downside that I can foresee though is travel distance for some of our more northern friends (Todd lol).

Edit: and Greg too haha.

#5 ·
This event belongs in Harlan but everyone is too scared of the short drive, so i guess windrock works. I have no interest in adventure, from my understanding it gets easily crowded and i guarantee they will have an event that weekend + labor day crowd + us = fuck that. Plus from talking to people it doesn't sound like my type wheeling.

#6 ·
I'm going to be a Grouch and complain about it being on Labor Day weekend. Move it to a not miserable time of the year.

#7 ·
AOP was never on the radar because they do have events like every weekend, and SETO cannot afford to take over the whole park. IDK what the opinion is on moving the weekend, i guess that'll have to be up for discussion as well.

Im just working to facilitate the conversation here - im pretty sure we wont be making it with colin traveling for work and an unpredictable schedule.

#8 ·
Todd I actually think you would like AOP. Just not enough to spend the whole weekend. I would agree though it's not a great choice for a holiday weekend. I wouldn't care about windrock either but I'd rather not do the drama thing again.

Is Golden Mtn an option? Never been so I have no opinion on that location.

I guess for Labor Day my vote would be for Harlan right now. But I'm up for whatever the masses decide. Honestly I enjoy the company more so than the wheeling.

#9 ·
I like labor day, maximum time to wheel with minimum time away from work.

I thought Half Moon worked out great last year at windrock. We had our own space to all be together, it is a nice facility, good management, ect.

#19 ·
AOP probably would be too packed that weekend and Half Moon was more that accommodating for us last year. There wasn't any drama either. I hear Harlan is cool and everybody loves it but it's just too far for me to drive my truck. That's just my personal choice. Golden Mountain was pretty cool too.

#22 ·
I agree with Alan about Half Moon....could not have asked for more out of the campground....pretty much perfect for us and i like windrock....there is some great wheeling there if you venture on past rattle rock.

#24 ·
I enjoy windrock. I loved the campground. The only issue I had was the animosity directed at us by one individual. The snide comments made before and after the trip really annoyed me. And as a representative of that park I feel as though my money should not benefit them.

That being said I'm OK with what the grip as a whole decides. Like I said earlier it's not so much the location as it is to get to hang out with some really cool people. Wheeling is just icing on the cake.

#26 ·
Alright so it sounds like:

- AOP is out due to amount of trails and other events they have going there

- Harlan is probably out due to distance for a lot of us and probably events there as well

- Windrock seems like the most logical choice so far. Central location for most everyone but Todd. Good camp ground, good trails. Trails were not crowded last year even with other events going on. Drama should be non-existent.

- Golden Mountain - This is probably the 2nd option. Downsides of golden mountain is the cost. Also, I have only been there once, I dont remember how big the place is and if them having other events there will clog up the trails. I can work on getting a rough estimate of cost per person if we are interested in this. I will say the main gazebo is way expensive for a group our size, but they do have smaller areas we can rent that are a little cheaper

Timing will probably still be labor day weekend. Yes, it sucks its on a holiday weekend, but seems to work out well for most since that is more wheeling time and less vacation days at work.

#27 ·
Alright so it sounds like:

- Golden Mountain - This is probably the 2nd option. Downsides of golden mountain is the cost. Also, I have only been there once, I dont remember how big the place is and if them having other events there will clog up the trails. I can work on getting a rough estimate of cost per person if we are interested in this. I will say the main gazebo is way expensive for a group our size, but they do have smaller areas we can rent that are a little cheaper

Timing will probably still be labor day weekend. Yes, it sucks its on a holiday weekend, but seems to work out well for most since that is more wheeling time and less vacation days at work.

Golden Mountain was always cost inhibitive in the past because we were factoring in for the "big" pavillion and whole park -which they wanted us to rent a dumpster / have someone at the gate all the time, etc.

If you're looking at the smaller pavilions, #3 is the one that lots of other groups love. Great space to camp around, easy access to bathrooms, and power/water. it does rent for $70 a day, so those attending would need to split that cost. Thats in addition to your daily fees:

$25/driver + 10/rider for day 1
$15/driver + 5/rider for day 2+

Technically, those prices are consistent with being same/lower than windrock?

BUT it is a little further out and you don't have the convenience of a lot of food/store choices.

We have been to GSMTR there and Dixie Run has been there -- their trails can handle a lot of traffic, but it depends on what other events are going on at the same time because that will affect the "kind" of wheelers that are sharing the trails. Last year GA Trail Riders were there Labor day, according to their calendar they will not be there this year on Labor Day.

#28 ·
I just sent them an email asking about what was already on the books for Labor Day.

BUT many seem interested in Windrock - so that would work too. Just whatever will get the most people there.

If anyone has tshirt ideas, share those too. My brain is stuck in Toddler-Mode and I'm sure that wouldn't turn out well. :D

#29 ·
Well it looks like I may be able to back my way into a rig if/when we get our house sold. That's taking up all of my spare time currently, also where all of our money is tied up. We're hoping to sell it no later than the end of summer so we'll see what kind of time-table I'm working on.

Which means that dates and locations will already be set before I have anything, but if I had to choose, I'd say Windrock.

I'll be sure to reserve my big "I'm back" speech for when I actually have a rig and pictures to prove it.
Until then, consider me a stalker of this and every other forum.

#31 ·
Updates? What do you think this is?:surprise:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.