TTORA Forum banner

Where to fill CO2 tank in Vegas?

20K views 29 replies 8 participants last post by  Ludedude 
#1 ·
Well Santa brought me a 15lbs Powertank for Christmas because someone absolutely hates waiting for me to air up.....

Anyways, just wondering where in town does everyone else go to get their CO2 tanks filled up?

#4 ·
It comes with a pretty solid mounting bracket that will allow you to mount it horizontally or vertically. Ideally I'd like to mount it vertical so that I can use it while it is mounted in the vehicle. The problem is I have the 15lbs tank which is about 30 inches tall. I too want to get a drawer system built, so when I do, it may be too tall to mount vertically on top of the drawers.

For now I am going to mount it vertically by the right rear wheel well. In the future when I get drawers I'll probably mount it horizontally which means I'll have to unhook it and take it out everytime I use it as it is best to use c02 vertically to avoid freeze.

#9 ·
Cool....thanks, that's good to know!!! :D

#11 ·
Alright, so I sent over to Simplex Grinnell LP....and to their new location @ 1545 Pama Ln, Las Vegas, NV 89119-3835. Phone # 739-1921.

I was helped by Chris Miller, who is Jeremiah's boss. Didn't meet Jeremiah, as he was at a training class, but Chris was a vey cool guy
He has a Heep.....but is also very invovled in Desert racing with his Banning Motorsports team!!!
So, especially for anyone on this side of town, these are the guys to go to!!!

Fills up your tanks right there on the scale.....so you know that you don't get ripped off!!! They will charge all club members $1.50 per lb.
They also sell complete Co2 systems!!!!!! He carries the Source Co2 bottles and regulators, as well as their own refurbished bottles!!!!!
And, we can get club discounts!!!!!

I'm going to make this thread a Sticky, so as not to get lost!!! :D

#13 ·
I'm sure that he will, as he already does for a few other clubs around town. I'm can call next week and see what he can do. He also sells to all of the race teams, so I don't think that that would be too much of a big deal for him. :D

#15 ·
What don't you know....or need to know about them?? :confused:

#17 · (Edited)
Proceed with caution. Remember CO2 has been declared toxic waste by the current administration. In the future you might have to pay stiff EPA fines if a CO2 filled tire develop a leak (and forget about airing down for a run). Or you might have to buy carbon credits from Al Gore in order to refill the CO2 tank. Hell, they might even go as far as forbidding use of CO2 in tires altogether. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :xcrazy: :xcrazy:

#18 ·
Proceed with caution. Remember CO2 has been declared toxic waste by the current administration. In the future you might have to pay stiff EPA fines if a CO2 filled tire develop a leak (and forget about airing down for a run). Or you might have to buy carbon credits from Al Gore in order to refill the CO2 tank. Hell, they might even go as far as forbidding use of CO2 in tires altogether. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :xcrazy: :xcrazy:

http://www.treehugger.com/EPA-carbon-dioxide-regulate-first-time.jpg

You always worry too much!!!! I'll take my chances.......don't think we have to worry about it.....really!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
You always believe what you read!!!! :lmao:

#20 ·
Just went back to have my 15# tank refilled by Jeremiah......quick, easy....in and out in a couple of minutes!!!!

This is the only place I use now to get my C0-2 tanks refilled!!!

He is right by the airport.....

#22 ·
Charlie and I went to Simplex this past Monday and they filled three 20 lb tanks while we waited. Same price as always, $1.50 per lb. Charlie says Airgas is cheaper but you have to leave the tanks and come back later/the next day.

I'm not leaving my bling blue tank out of my sight :p

#23 ·
Current update: Jeremiah hasn't worked for Simplex in some time, but they still happily cater to the offroad market.

I needed to have my 20 lb tank recertified before refilling it so I called them about a month ago and was told that they do the hydrotesting in batches as it's a bit of a chore to set up and calibrate the machine so they don't do it for one tank on its own. The gentleman I spoke with on the phone, Tom, took my number and told me he'd call the next time they have a run of tanks ready to test. He said it would be a few weeks and since I was headed out to Big Bear, I chose not to leave the tank there for an unknown period of time. I had enough gas left for an air down cycle or two according to my scale so figured I'd just deal with it after.

Fast forward, Tom called me yesterday to let me know they were running a bunch of tanks next week and if I could drop mine off before then he'd get it done for me. I dropped it off at Simplex yesterday and should have it back at the end of the coming week. I met Tom in person, he's very professional and took an interest in the rig as well. No idea about any club discounts as I didn't get any definite pricing yet. He said it should be around $50 for the testing and refill but I'll find out next week for sure.

#24 ·
Got the tank back in a week. They also tested my adjustable regulator for leaks and blessed it.

$35 for the hydro testing, good for another five years.

$25 for the 20lb refill this time, but I'm betting just cheaper because done in conjunction with the recertification.

#25 ·
Yeah, Tom (Green) is good old dude. Before the Easter trip, I let him know I was coming over, and he knew we were leaving on the next morning. Needed to fill my 15# tank. Got there, he said it needed to be re-tested......I told him Jeremiah did it a couple of years ago, but apparently, failed to put the sticker on.
He said it would be a week, at which point, I made a point to let him know that that was Not going to work. But, he wouldn't re-fill it. So, I told him to give me a loaner tank, and he did. He had an old 20# tank full, so I took it, and left him mine. A couple of weeks after getting back, I got back over there and gave him his, and got mine back.

Just FYI though: Take Cash or a Check.....as they don't take credit or debit cards anymore!!! I didn't know that, gave them the cash I had on me and took my tank back, and sent them a check back for the rest.
Easy enough!

#26 ·
Just get a compressor so you won't be empty like half the people with CO2 bottles that I know who are always wanting some air to get aired up. Besides that stuff attracts every skeeter from a mile around.

I've got a CO2 setup that I'll sell for cheap. I won it in a raffle, I didn't buy it. It was even custom painted in gold.

#27 ·
I have both! A new ViAir in the truck, the ARB compressor, and another high end compressor as well. But, I do like the speed of the co-2, usually will help someone out with air if they don't have any, unless it's the same damn person every time!!
Now, I'll just grab the ViAir and let someone use that, while I use my tank, which, btw......is Full!! >:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.