TTORA Forum banner

12th Annual NVTTORA Easter Mojave Road Trip!!

2K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  my034runner 
#1 ·
Alright people.......it's about time to plan for our 12th Annual NVTTORA Easter Mojave Road trip!!! :xdevil::xpimp::thumbs::woot:

This Easter falls on April 16 2017!!!.......so, our trip will be on Friday April 14 to Easter Sunday, April 16 2017!!!! :D
Just filled out my forms for the National Park Special Use Permit and paid for it......get it out of the way early, so I'm not stressed sending it in late! LOL!

We will be going from East to West...in other word.....following the Mojave Road from start to finish!!! :driving:

I'll add more info as we go along here..... Add these dates to your calender!!!! :cool:

EDIT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We will meet at the Smiths Food King in Fort Mohave, AZ......just across the bridge from the Avi hotel outside of Laughlin, NV.

Those of you coming from SoCal or NorCal might want to get a room at the Avi Hotel for Thursday night.....VS driving all night and then again all day!!
Rooms are cheap, and you can get a good inexpensive dinner and breakfast as well........and a hot shower!!!!

Meet date, place and time:
Friday April 14 2017
around 10:00 am.
@ the Smiths Food King in Fort Mohave, AZ......just across the bridge from the Avi hotel gas station and Mini Mart

We can top off our gas tank, and for those with ice chests.....drain their melted water, and re-pack with fresh ice Here at the Smiths across the bridge in Ft. Mohave from the Avi.......where everything costs a Lot less!!!!!!

Head out for the trail head @ 10:30 am. (in a perfect world!)

The trail head is right on the banks of the Colorado River!!! Pretty bitchin!!!!! :D

Lunch will be at Fort Paiute. Occupied as an Army post between 1867 to 1868.

Then....onwards to other sites, and to our eventual camping spot in Caruthers Canyon for Friday nights feast and festivities!!!

Communications: CB channel 38
2 meter (ham) frequency 146.550

Must haves for everyone: Portable toilet system (a requirement for my National Park Permit!!!)
Then, all of the camping equipment that one would normally have.
Tent, camp chairs, tables, BBQ and or stove, fire wood, WATER, WATER, WATER.....and also, WATER!!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

For those of us coming from Las Vegas..................

Meet @ Findlay Toyota

Friday morning April 14 2017.

Meet at 8:30-8:45 am.
Leave shortly there after for the Smiths in Fort Mohave and the Avi.
Arrive at the Smiths about 10:00 amish.

See less See more
#2 ·
https://www.nationalparks.org/explore-parks/mojave-national-preserve

Mojave Information

Mojave National Preserve is nature's playground. It features canyons and mountains, former military mines and outposts and opportunities to explore year-round.

Rose-colored sand dunes, volcanic cinder cones, Joshua tree forests, and carpets of wildflowers are all found at this 1.6 million acre park. A visit to its canyons, mountains and mesas will reveal long-abandoned mines, homesteads, and rock-walled military outposts. Located between Los Angeles and Las Vegas, Mojave provides serenity and solitude from the crowds of major metropolitan areas.

Mojave Desert experiences change with the seasons. Infrequent winter snows sparkle on the mountains. With enough moisture, spring wildflowers carpet the desert with vivid colors. Summers are hot, so adventurers head for the higher elevations such as Mid-Hills and the New York Mountains. The cooler temperatures of fall mark hunting season. A network of dirt roads provides year round opportunities to explore by four-wheel drive vehicle.

Plant and animal life varies by elevation. Desert tortoises burrow in creosote bush flats, while the black and yellow Scotts oriole nests in Joshua trees higher up the slopes. Mule deer and bighorn sheep roam among pinyon pine and juniper in the parks many mountain ranges.

#3 ·
The List..................

1. Robert and Sasha (Dog)
2. Jeffey
------------------------------------------------------------------------

#4 ·
This is Your trip people!! I know Charlie ran this entire site into the ground, but I also know that there are still plenty of folks that still check it.....just to see if there's still life here!!! There is!!! >:)

#5 ·
Kind of surprised.....this is Always the busier of the two trips.......and the one I usually have to put a cap or limit on how many trucks I'll take.
So, good news........I don't think I'll need to cough up a bunch of $$ to get the NPS permit after all, which is cool, as it saves Me some $$!! Lol! :woot:

#6 ·
I'm actually kind of surprised that more people haven't signed up, the last time I had a really really small group, was before I decided to make this an annual trip!! I used to go out to the Mojave Preserve with me and one or two other trucks, and that was cool. Then I made an annual trip, minimum attendance on this trip has been like seven (7) trucks, and an all time high of 20 trucks one year.....fun, but I swore to Never take that big of a group again!

But, whoever shows up will be in for a treat! Beautiful weather, flowers blooming and whiskey flowing at camp!! LOL!!

#7 ·
Well, I guess our group here is finally dead!!! Thanks to past people letting everything go to shit.....and losing our domain name for a year, no one seems to give a shit!
So, if anyone actually reads this, hopefully you can come out with us!!

#10 ·
Again.....just in case anyone is left alive here...........everything for your trip is being planned on Toyota120!!

Small trip this year for Easter.....smallest I've ever had for this trip!! So, here is what we have so far:

The Short List..................

1. Robert and Sasha (Dog)
2. Jeffy
3. Dave (Sat. Morning)
4. John
5. Adam
------------------------------------------------------------------------​

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.