Insuring Tools/ Renter's Insurance - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Insuring Tools/ Renter's Insurance

I just got off the phone with my insurance agent about my renter's insurance. The only real reason I have it is for my tools, I think I have around 30 grand in tools. She said tools are covered as long as you can prove they wern't for work/ income. I don't do side work though I do desert racing pit support which is "voluenteer work" and they some times sit in Vegas parking lots during races. She did say she can't garuentee they are covered and it's up to claims. I'm thinking this means I'm paying them $200 a year and I probably won't get jack if my tools get stolen.

What do you have to isure your tools?

Have you ever had to make a renter's insurance claim, did they cover your tools?

Any ways to make sure your tools are covered?

My current insurance is through horrace mann (teacher's insurance) and I don't think my agent has really had some one with this much in tools to worry about. Any recomendations for a NV Agent that can take care of me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelroll View Post
I just got off the phone with my insurance agent about my renter's insurance. The only real reason I have it is for my tools, I think I have around 30 grand in tools. She said tools are covered as long as you can prove they wern't for work/ income. I don't do side work though I do desert racing pit support which is "voluenteer work" and they some times sit in Vegas parking lots during races. She did say she can't garuentee they are covered and it's up to claims. I'm thinking this means I'm paying them $200 a year and I probably won't get jack if my tools get stolen.

What do you have to isure your tools?

Have you ever had to make a renter's insurance claim, did they cover your tools?

Any ways to make sure your tools are covered

My current insurance is through horrace mann (teacher's insurance) and I don't think my agent has really had some one with this much in tools to worry about. Any recomendations for a NV Agent that can take care of me?
i have mine insured through all state for 70,000... i have wondered the same thing if i put in a claim if they would really pay hope that never happens

SIN CITY METALWORKS
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 07:59 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to MandAtaco
My condo insurance covered the tools I had in my truck box when it got broken into a few years ago. It was only about 2k worth of tools though. I'm with State Farm and they handled the claim pretty well.

Just your average ttora backyard engineer.

00 4Runner Limited, totally stock, except a front ARB locker
01 Taco 3.4, FOR SALE!
04 4runner Limited V8, Lifted, Roof rack, FJ Wheels, that's about it
62 Willys Wagon, build in progress, the "FrankenWagon"
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2012, 01:45 PM
Veteran Member

if they get stolen just say they where for personal use, dont tell them they are for work weather its volunteer or not.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 08:35 AM
crc
Veteran Member

Insurance companies are like crime. They don't pay!
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode