Decided on my lift, 3" Pro Comp , but will these tires work.... - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Wizzard005 Send a message via MSN to Wizzard005 Send a message via Yahoo to Wizzard005
Decided on my lift, 3" Pro Comp , but will these tires work....

Aloha all,

After much reading online about lifts I have decided to keep it simple. We dont have crazy wheeling out here and if i ever move back to the mainland I will be going SAS, so for now to get a little lift and nicer tires I have decided to go with the following:

Pro Comp 3" Lift with add-a-leafs

Question about tires tho.....

We wheel on the beach, so we have to air down, that being said, if i go with a 18" rim and 33" tire, do you think it will be ok running around 15LBS when on the sand....

Don't want to DE-bead a tire...

This is what i am looking at:

- 3" lift kit
- Add-a-leaf rear spring for an extra 1 1/2 to 2 inches in the rear
- Pro Comp rear shock absorbers
- Upgraded strut valved for this truck
- New front coil spring to increase spring rate
- Black grille overlay
- Side steps
- 18" KMC Rockstar Wheel
- 33" Pro Comp Xtreme All Terrain Tires

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQtE2mX1LBI

Thank You,

Greg
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
http://wizzard005.smugmug.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 11:25 PM

How much does that lift kit cost?
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Wizzard005 Send a message via MSN to Wizzard005 Send a message via Yahoo to Wizzard005
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotblika View Post
How much does that lift kit cost?

Less then 500 my cost i can buy direct

Thank You,

Greg
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 12:32 AM
Veteran Member

18x9.5 with 33x13.50 iroks=perfect for beach cruising.

I'm Dirk Diggler and you're not.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 08:06 PM

I have that kit. Love it. procomp exp.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 10:22 PM
Veteran Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard005 View Post
Less then 500 my cost i can buy direct
So what is the price if you do not mind me asking. Is it part number K5075B ?
Just wondering how direct it is. We are dealers for Pro-Comp and are always interested in what the kits are going for else where. We know what we can advertise at... and what we can sell at to a privet person.

It is a LOT cheaper than running a LT kit that is for sure.

As for tires... We do not go below 20 psi unless you have bead locks... But that is us.

Drive Harder, Faster, Safer & keep it rubber side down!

https://www.facebook.com/LandPiratesOffRoad
Landpiratesoffroad.com
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 11:18 PM

The smaller the rim the more sidewall you have for airing down and the cheaper the tires. I would get 16s but thats just me, In all sand I run 12 in the front and 8 in the rear and I have never had a problem.

TRD, Total Chaos, King
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 12:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Pirates Off Road View Post
So what is the price if you do not mind me asking. Is it part number K5075B ?
Just wondering how direct it is. We are dealers for Pro-Comp and are always interested in what the kits are going for else where. We know what we can advertise at... and what we can sell at to a privet person.

It is a LOT cheaper than running a LT kit that is for sure.

As for tires... We do not go below 20 psi unless you have bead locks... But that is us.
3 inch Lift Kit with ES9000 Shocks

Your Price: $399.99 + shipping

Thank You,

Greg
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 12:04 PM
Veteran Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard005 View Post
3 inch Lift Kit with ES9000 Shocks

Your Price: $399.99 + shipping
Great price! We can only beat that by a little bit! As for the rims... We used to recommend 16 inch... now we recommend 17 inch. Everyone (tire manufactures) is going to that size for off road racing. Most race wheels are only available in 15 and 17 inch sizes now as well. Air pressure you will have to play with. We run too hard to run super low pressure. We have also found that the bead lip on a Method wheel is really hard to beat. Holds our tires on the best so far other than bead locks. We have not had a set of Pro-Comp wheels in years so maybe they have boosted their inner lip. For the price though, we end up selling Method Race wheels though with out the bead locks. Now they have a inner lip! Damn strong wheel too!
What KTMrider said though really rings true! We run a 8.5 inch rim with a 12 inch tire... helps keep that tire in place and helps protect the rim from side wall hits!

Landpiratesoffroad.com
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 12:34 PM

Stupid question but doesn't that pro-comp lift kit come with 720# springs? Unless your running a plate bumper, skids, and sliders your going to be looking at 3"-4" + of lift and that's no good for CV's if your actually going to be using them.

I know a couple guys running pro comp lifts that like them, but I know many more people who have issues and complain about the bone jarring ride.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 04:36 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
Stupid question but doesn't that pro-comp lift kit come with 720# springs? Unless your running a plate bumper, skids, and sliders your going to be looking at 3"-4" + of lift and that's no good for CV's if your actually going to be using them.

I know a couple guys running pro comp lifts that like them, but I know many more people who have issues and complain about the bone jarring ride.
Yep... While they make some great stuff, if you drive a certain way, we recommend ARB or Bilstein first for the less expensive lifts and Total Chaos and King Racing if you want the best. But that is just our opinion.

Landpiratesoffroad.com
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 05:02 PM

Greg sweet looking 2012!!!!! I will be getting mine in late Dec. early Jan. what size lift is on your and the wheel tire combo? From one Greg to another Thanks.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyfrog View Post
Greg sweet looking 2012!!!!! I will be getting mine in late Dec. early Jan. what size lift is on your and the wheel tire combo? From one Greg to another Thanks.
I ended up going with fabtech. They did the truck for next to nothing, so i sent it to them and this is what they did to it:

Thank You,

Greg
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 07:59 PM

Wizard005... are those pics of your truck with everything that u had listed at the beginning of this forum? 3 inch pro comp with 33s on 18s? If so looks great and im going with that.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 12:26 AM

This dude has sold his truck, and I doubt he lingers around here anymore.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 12:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by patdeal View Post
Wizard005... are those pics of your truck with everything that u had listed at the beginning of this forum? 3 inch pro comp with 33s on 18s? If so looks great and im going with that.

hi guys I'm still here actually I'm in the middle of moving back to Northern California and will be picking up another Tacoma by summer anyways umm the truck listed here I ended up installing 6 inch fabtech with Fabtech coil overs
and custom-made rear leaf springs the trucks at about 9 inches in that picture new truck is going to be solid axle just deciding on if I want to get a new truck or 2010 plus

Thank You,

Greg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode