Baja Edition on Order... - Page 2 - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 09:28 PM
Veteran Member

Enjoy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 07:24 AM

More pics! More pics! How is it driving your first few days?

1999 Tacoma TRD, Ext Cab, 3.4 v6, 4x4, auto, OME 883s, Dakar rear leafs, Nitrocharger Sport shocks, Shrockworks front bumper, Shrockworks rear plate bumper (production #1), TRD Beadlock wheels, power moonroof, ARE camper shell, bedrug

original one-owner vehicle----241,000 miles... And counting!
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-26-2012, 07:48 AM

Hope your happy seems pretty steep in price for what you get. Ford went to their engineers to design the Raptor ,looks like Toyota went to their graphics guy to design the so called, "Baja Edition".

Thanks, Cam-shaft
post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-31-2012, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam-shaft View Post
Hope your happy seems pretty steep in price for what you get. Ford went to their engineers to design the Raptor ,looks like Toyota went to their graphics guy to design the so called, "Baja Edition".

Thanks, Cam-shaft
Sorry to say, but this is no "graphics package". I finally got a chance to take it on some VERY rough desert roads today and I can say is WOW!!!

I don't know how they've done it but this thing handles in a whole different league than my previous 2006 TRD Off-Road. It more or less floats over the really rough washboard roads, compared to my "old" 2006 that sort of "hammered" away at each and every bump in the road.

This Baja Edition isn't just a decal package and a lift, they really thought out this suspension set-up and it just plain WORKS. It's still no SVT Raptor (I had one, so I know) but Toyota has done their homework on this one and it shows...

RUSS
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-31-2012, 09:08 PM

Congrats on the new truck toyota and bilstein did their homework on this one.those are not just standard billy 5100s with red coils. Those are 60mm shocks, perfectly valved for street manners but come alive in the dirt. The eibach coils are just the same, dual rate I believe and much better then stock trd coils. The rear is another 60mm shock, mind you that's roughly the equivalent of a 2.5 inch shock. Most aftermarket king, fox or icon and such use only a 2" shock. The difference in dampening is huge because of the larger oil capacity and shaft diameter. I don't know if toyota worked to improve therear leafs on this model. I hope they did because the stockers are terrible spring rate for pretty much anything, but a set of replacement deavers would make a night and day difference on the strret and in the dirt. So do I agreewith the imflated price tag? Idk that's up to you iguess. But it sure is a nice truck. I just wish they would have made computer mods like the raptor to disable some of the big brother traits.(maybe an abs disable?!) Nice truck dude, enjoy that thing
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wethebmx View Post
Congrats on the new truck toyota and bilstein did their homework on this one.those are not just standard billy 5100s with red coils. Those are 60mm shocks, perfectly valved for street manners but come alive in the dirt. The eibach coils are just the same, dual rate I believe and much better then stock trd coils. The rear is another 60mm shock, mind you that's roughly the equivalent of a 2.5 inch shock. Most aftermarket king, fox or icon and such use only a 2" shock. The difference in dampening is huge because of the larger oil capacity and shaft diameter. I don't know if toyota worked to improve therear leafs on this model. I hope they did because the stockers are terrible spring rate for pretty much anything, but a set of replacement deavers would make a night and day difference on the strret and in the dirt. So do I agreewith the imflated price tag? Idk that's up to you iguess. But it sure is a nice truck. I just wish they would have made computer mods like the raptor to disable some of the big brother traits.(maybe an abs disable?!) Nice truck dude, enjoy that thing
the rear is a 50mm remote resi, aka a 2.0. thanks for playing

Icon and King both do OEM replacement 2.5s now.

Denton Racing /Sierra Expeditions
Camburg Long Travel, Toyo Tires
Icon Vehicle Dynamics Suspension, Method Race Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
Its TTORA, its about off roading, not show us your bro'd out Tacoma

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode