TTORA Forum banner

Power Sunroof in New Taco

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  goldmember 
#1 ·
Has anyone put a power sunroof in there 05-06 Double Cab Taco yet. I saw a TRD Sport Double Cab with one yesterday and it looked real Nice. If so any issues as it would be dealer installed and not a factory installed unit.

#2 ·
Again, as I have told you, it is not factory installed. It would either be a dealer installed or aftermarket installed item (maybe some regions have it as a port installed item but I doubt it). If it is dealer installed it does not use Toyota OEM parts unless they're using them from another vehicle. No matter what the dealer uses, it will NOT BE COVERED BY TOYOTA'S WARRANTY. The dealer may warranty it, but big whoop. It would suck if you had to go in every few months to have warranty work done. Also, it is often the case that if a dealer does a sunroof installation, they'll require you to have it serviced at their shop in order to maintain the warranty. What this means is they'll stick some lithium grease on it and charge you $100 for the 15 minutes of work it will take.

Aftermarket will likely do the same thing.

I did not, and still do not recommend a sunroof in the 2005/2006 Tacomas that is not from the factory because the roof is not designed for it. Since there is no option for a sunroof from the factory, my recommendation is to simply NOT do it.

#3 ·
layzboy2 said:
Has anyone put a power sunroof in there 05-06 Double Cab Taco yet. I saw a TRD Sport Double Cab with one yesterday and it looked real Nice. If so any issues as it would be dealer installed and not a factory installed unit.
wtf do power sunroofs have to do with 4x4 tech??? i bet the early generation taco guys laugh about how much bs is posted in this folder...

#5 ·
justinh said:
i don't see how they could fit much of one in a sport with the roof mounted console and the dome light.

the offroad is the same way... but yeah you would have to kill the dome light or move it..... this does def. need to be in another folder.... :rolleyes:

#6 ·
Ditto on the roof not being able to support the sunroof. The "special" ridges in the middle of our roofs are for roll over protection. Not only would it be a pain to get a good seal on those ridges but any changes made to them will have a negative impact on the safety of the truck in the event of a roll or serious side impact.

I would vote for a NO-Go or if you have to have it go buy the heavier, slower, poorer gas milage Frontier.

#8 ·
Ditto on the wrong folder.

I saw a post on Toyota Nation of a 05+ sr5, i.e. none TRD, with leather and sunroof. It was professionally installed by some peeps in ATL. It looked good, and I am sure it was $$$$.
white_eskimo said:
wtf do power sunroofs have to do with 4x4 tech???
:clap: This is great forum, I really do not like any other forum because nothing is organized. And this is an off-road forum, that is what i enjoy. Not to say posts like this do not have a place here. This could be posted in either the exterior or interior folder with no beef.
white_eskimo said:
i bet the early generation taco guys laugh about how much bs is posted in this folder...
:rofl: Yeah, I am sure they are happy with the decrease in newbie traffic. I have some ideas about how to help educate the people who choose not to follow the folder suggestions. But I am sure the veterans of this forum have tried all logical solutions. And the reality is, there is nothing you can do when people decide not to follow logic. I think almost everyone wants follow the guidelines, its the ones who post before understanding how this forum is set up. It tends to be annoying, but we just have to deal with it. :2cents:
cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.