Sandy Beach Anyone? - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Sandy Beach Anyone?

I'm heading out to the mysterious Sandy Beach in the Four Peaks area. I think we may be guaranteeing carnage. If anyone wants to go just let me know. I don't have details but it should be fun!

--Fish

FISH TACO

Visit www.LostAndFoundAdventures.com

92 Toyota Pickup, SASed and running the OEM 22re with the RV Cam, 5:1 transfer case and 4.88s, 35" Swamper Radial TSLs, Rear Detroit Locker and TrueTrack in the Front - A BEAST!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 08:10 AM
Veteran Member

I heard it is still rough, no bees on the last trip out (word of mouth), and the beach is under water.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 09:49 AM
Veteran Member

Is the water level that high? I know I have been out there on a boat and the water will rise 1-2 feet in 30 minutes.

If I had a boat I would meet you there.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 09:53 AM

...and as a warning; recently the sheriff has given *warning* tickets to those who have accessed Sandy Beach via the wash. Apparently it crosses through designated wilderness area, which is always off limits to vehicles. Check your tonto national forest maps to confirm...I wouldnt be surprised if the FS has put up closed signs at the wilderness boundary to warn those. Just a heads up...

have fun!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 11:54 AM

Meg- do you have coordinates?

RidgeRunner
98 4x4 TRD Tacoma
Got Comms? - KE7CAF

--. .. - . .-. -.. --- -. .
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 12:06 PM

Exclamation

From the AZVJC Board-

Sandy Beach trail Posted Closed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We (me & the wife, Kevin & Kelly H)were out last Sunday to run the Coves in from 4 Peaks, and were going to run down the Sandy Beach trail to the gnarly section to check out just how nasty it really is, but...

Right where the Sandy Beach trail starts is a nice shiny stake with a Forest Service "Trail Closed to Motorized Traffic" sign with a fair number of tire tracks going past it (maybe people just can't read)"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also did some research, and this trail DOES go into the Four Peaks Wilderness Area, making it illegal to drive in any type of vehicle or bicycle.

RidgeRunner
98 4x4 TRD Tacoma
Got Comms? - KE7CAF

--. .. - . .-. -.. --- -. .

Last edited by rijrunr; 03-22-2010 at 06:41 AM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

So Much for That Idea

Well, I guess no Sandy Beach. Nice research Ryan! I'm kinda happy anyway. I was in no hurry to break something on my truck again since it's going to be up and running tonight and that only gave me 36 hours of quality time before the carnage began.

Maybe we'll run something out in FJ or up in Sycamore Creek (which probably has a fair bit of water in it today!) Any suggestions?

Ryan-- Stop being such a pansie and wheel your truck! I don't care if you wanna get it regeared. We can just have some fun and let Westin do all the real shit! Come on!

FISH TACO

Visit www.LostAndFoundAdventures.com

92 Toyota Pickup, SASed and running the OEM 22re with the RV Cam, 5:1 transfer case and 4.88s, 35" Swamper Radial TSLs, Rear Detroit Locker and TrueTrack in the Front - A BEAST!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 03:49 PM

Good info. Thanks.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijrunr
From the AZVJC Board-

Sandy Beach trail Posted Closed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We (me & the wife, Kevin & Kelly H)were out last Sunday to run the Coves in from 4 Peaks, and were going to run down the Sandy Beach trail to the gnarly section to check out just how nasty it really is, but...

Right at the top of the wash, just past where FR101 turns east and the Sandy Beach trail starts, is a nice shiny stake with a Forest Service "Trail Closed to Motorized Traffic" sign with a fair number of tire tracks going past it (maybe people just can't read)"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also did some research, and this trail DOES go into the Four Peaks Wilderness Area, making it illegal to drive in any type of vehicle or bicycle.
Wow, last weekend - I saw no signs - just lots of tire tracks. Didn't even see a post for a missing sign!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode