Sycamore, a rafting we will go... - TTORA Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 283
Santa Sycamore, a rafting we will go...

Did some exploring with a couple of friends yesterday.
Pics and story are up at:
www.soaztim.com


Teasers


soaz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 07:44 AM
Good For You
 
Heatstroke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Phoenix, Az: Oakland, Ca: Detroit, Mi
Posts: 3,442
Last time I was out there with that kind of water, life rescue was landing right there. They were coming in to pick up a kid who flipped his quad up by the quartz mine. He'd a been dead with out his helmet as his head was crushed between a rock and the handle bars. A passing jeep guy told the person with him to haul ass and call for help. The jeep guy knowing that the helicopter would land by the river brought the kid down just as rangers showed up to guide the copter in. Ranger said the kid was jacked up.

That area is much much more fun with the water flowing. Way less ass hat people tearing up and down like rogue missiles.

~Stroke
AzTTORA
Heatstroke is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: El Cajon CA
Posts: 1,497
Last time I went with that much water, everything in the door side pockets floated out into the cab and when I opened my doors about 50 gallons of water poured out the doors and my truck stunk like Rosie O'donel's crotch for about 4 months!

Truck specs:2001 D-cab Taco with solid axle conversion, front and rear 65" wide Diamond axles, Tundra 8 inch rear w/ARB, H.P. front w/ARB 30 spline Long's, full floating rear from FROR and blah blah blah, IE lots-a cool stuff.

Later~captkirkyota~Kirk
Captkirkyota is offline  
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Good For You
 
Heatstroke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Phoenix, Az: Oakland, Ca: Detroit, Mi
Posts: 3,442
Yes it was quite smelly for quite some time. The summer time temps didn't help any either, especially when you'd forget to leave the windows cracked.

~Stroke
AzTTORA
Heatstroke is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captkirkyota View Post
Last time I went with that much water, everything in the door side pockets floated out into the cab and when I opened my doors about 50 gallons of water poured out the doors and my truck stunk like Rosie O'donel's crotch for about 4 months!
DOH! That is a stank! I was lucky. No water inside the cab or doors. It was weird to see it pooring out of the framerails for 30 or so seconds after leaving the water... Yikes!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatstroke View Post
Last time I was out there with that kind of water, life rescue was landing right there. They were coming in to pick up a kid who flipped his quad up by the quartz mine. He'd a been dead with out his helmet as his head was crushed between a rock and the handle bars. A passing jeep guy told the person with him to haul ass and call for help. The jeep guy knowing that the helicopter would land by the river brought the kid down just as rangers showed up to guide the copter in. Ranger said the kid was jacked up.

That area is much much more fun with the water flowing. Way less ass hat people tearing up and down like rogue missiles.
Thankfully, no asshats around. Lots of trash, but no cars to be seen. They have really trashed that area!
soaz is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 09:13 AM
Member
 
Dirt4dinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 97
Send a message via MSN to Dirt4dinner
Tim,
My phone must be broken...I NEVER GOT THE INVITE!!!!

Did you hear that? What the hell was that?
Dirt4dinner is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 10:45 AM
Veteran Member
 
fabjunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt4dinner View Post
Tim,
My phone must be broken...I NEVER GOT THE INVITE!!!!
X2!!
fabjunkie is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Veteran Member
 
BOVADS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Surprise, AZ, Prudhoe bay, AK,
Posts: 5,094
x3
BOVADS is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 283
OH SNAP!!
I'm blaming ELVOTA. He invited me! It was his run!
soaz is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Phoenix, Az
Posts: 5
I wanna come play too! I don't have any friends with trucks to go out with
GreySky72 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4runner river rafting... soaz Past Events 2 02-08-2008 07:37 PM
rafting link817 Off Topic 11 05-05-2007 03:50 PM
sycamore is not forgiving TRDtacoma1985 Desert Wheelin' and Racing 36 11-18-2006 02:43 PM
Sycamore Advice...Anyone? Fish Taco General Discussions 2 09-15-2006 05:02 PM
Sycamore DocTaco98 General Discussions 6 07-11-2006 10:42 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome