So I have decided to do a fairly substantial rehab project on my ugly pos junk buggy for the next few weeks. I have a pretty good list of items that I'm planning and seem to keep coming up with more every day. Here is a quick summary of the list as it stands right now:
1. Stretch wheelbase approx. 5". I am currently at 105" and want to be around 110".
2. Adjust rear geometry in the rear to add substantially more anti-squat. I'm aiming for about 120% which is considered really high, but I have two friends who run 130% plus and probably have the two of the best climbing rigs in the nation.
3. Along with my geometry adjustments, I will be eliminating my rear wishbone and going to a true 4 link to hopefully eliminate a little rear steer.
4. Replace all of my lowers with 2" 7075 solid and replace all joints with 1.25" heims.
5. Redo my uppers with 1.5" .250 wall DOM, mostly just to accomodate the stretch.
6. Swapping out my seats to go with a tighter fit similar to my old buggy's Mastercrafts. Simply personal preference.
7. Redoing my Atlas II cross member so that it is no longer hard mounted to my skid plate.
8. Redoing my skid plate to give the Atlas II a little more breathing room and make room for the new cross member.
9. Sleeve both lower side tubes with 2" .120 wall DOM since both of those tubes are completely FUBAR'd.
10. Cut off existing truss and rebuild on my 14 bolt to accomodate 4 link.
11. Cut off and rebuild my skid plate for the hydro ram. The existing one is perhaps the biggest fabrication abortion I have ever witnessed.
12. Remounting my fuel cell further forward to increase my cargo (beer cooler) capacity!
13. Remounting my batter in order to increase said cargo capacity. May also switch back to an Oddysey?
14. Remount my computer and wiring higher up in dash and make a kick plate to protect from passenger's feet. Or just make it a one seater?
15. Remove my main kill switch since it is a bit redundant to have 3.
16. Reroute all fuel lines to tidy things up after moving fuel cell.
17. Remove about 10 feet of cable after removing main kill switch.
18. Getting GLO diff covers front and rear and shaving them to match my housings.
19. Tom Woods is building me new driveshaft front and rear to accomodate the stretch. I will rebuild the existing ones (probably won't have to touch the front, very long travel) for spares.
20. Reroute brake lines, especially in the rear to clean things up and accomodate the stretch.
21. Fix my alternator that took a shiate at AZRocks so that I don't have to manually control my charge.
22. Clean up my hydro lines and fix a small leak that I have.
23. Fix my brake fluid leak.
24. Install my ARP kingpin stud kit.
25. Remount my trans cooler mount after moving for more storage capacity.
26. Double beadlock both rears to eliminate my "burping" issue.
27. Paint the entire chassis with my "jethro powdercoat". (home depot hammered paint)
28. Make new side panels and redo lower cowl area.
29. Remove some tubing on the rear section and tie into shock towers.
30. Redoing exhaust to make room for stretch.
I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting, but that should pretty much cover it for today...wish me luck!