Indiana Chapter - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > Regional Forums > Ohio > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2007, 08:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Out of Money

Send a message via Yahoo to ohio03trdtaco
Indiana Chapter

I offered to help build the Indiana chapter and needed a thread to help keep Bear and me up to date so here I go.

1. get domain name: Done it is inttora.org
2. get domain hosted: will talk to server guy at work Monday and should be free and no problem.
3. Build web site: going slow because I am not the best graphic artist. might not be pretty but if I keep it up tomorrow night I should have something up and viewable.
4. Update the ohttora.org site: yeah I know got one more to add in and need to make some things look a little better.
5. Get everything approved with national: I will work on this a little later after I read up on the rules again.

Alright now I am back to my and reading and messing with pictures.
ohio03trdtaco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2007, 08:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Out of Money

Bear I should have pm'd you this as well but here is the link for the submitting to the national guys link
Old 01-05-2007, 10:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

My Rig: 1997 Toyota Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio03trdtaco
Bear I should have pm'd you this as well but here is the link for the submitting to the national guys link
Hey what a great surprise Eric! Okay down to "buznis"! I have already spoke with Shannon on this proposal, he has been waiting for me to let him know what the details were such as the domain name etc.

When you feel the appropriate time arrives to let him view the site let me know and I will contact him. In the meantime I will contact him (if you feel comfortable with it) to let him know the site is in developement stages.

It will be good to keep him in the loop as he can recommend any changes that may need to be made and what not.

The link you provided in regards to setting up chapters is familiar to me. I have read it a couple of times, yet it is always good to refresh oneself with that information.

Do you know all the requirements for site content, I imagine you do since you are doing the Ohio chapter as well.

you have my phone numbers correct? call me if you need anything from my end.

As for the graphic arts stuff. I will try to provide any and all images you may need. In fact here is the link to my online photo albums: http://www.imagestation.com/mypictures/ use any of the images. I also have some pre SAS images I think on Cd's at work. if you think you will need more IFS stuff I can bring them home and upload them as well. and then again I am sure that we won't need that many photos anyway.

I'll do my best as for graphics. After all that is part of my profession

I know we spoke about keeping this simple, but do you think we can discuss sometime what "features" you want to put on the site? if any.

I'll pm you with more contact information if you don't already have it.

Oh and Eric...thanks again for doing this! now go have that beer! I just have to start recruiting members now!

Originally Posted by abbott
remember, in the world of cars and trucks, its not cubic inches, its cubic dollars.
GO SPURS GO!!!!
Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2007, 10:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
1. get domain name: Done it is inttora.org
Cool! was there any registration fee for the domain name?
Quote:
2. get domain hosted: will talk to server guy at work Monday and should be free and no problem..
that would be awesome!
Quote:
3. Build web site: going slow because I am not the best graphic artist. might not be pretty but if I keep it up tomorrow night I should have something up and viewable.
take your time! this stuff take time especially when you have a life. Just let me know when and what I need to do to help.
Quote:
5. Get everything approved with national: I will work on this a little later after I read up on the rules again.
I have a pretty good repore with Shannon I can get this taken care of as soon as you give me the word to do so.

remember, in the world of cars and trucks, its not cubic inches, its cubic dollars.
GO SPURS GO!!!!
Old 01-05-2007, 11:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
IN NEED OF TACO

Send a message via AIM to SuperPoser
awsome!
goodluck

how many members do you have?
WWW.PATTORA.COM since 2002

http://www.facebook.com/kick8472

2007 Blue Taco Double Cab
2004 KTM 200 SX
2003 Green/Tan Spyder 1ZZ
SuperPoser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2007, 07:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Out of Money

Bear I don't think your photo albums are public. I can only get to the album that you send me a specific link to. Working on the logo some more I know it isn't so pretty but hay what do you expect from a cable guy.

Old 01-06-2007, 08:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
Out of Money

Well here is what I have so far link it is not perfect but Bear it does meet the national rules so you can get rolling on the board and other chapter stuff. Oh I can leave it up in it's present location for a good long time found out I had the original ohttora site in there.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Front Wheel Drive Mall Crawler

Cool! about time Bear
I would voleenter to help ya out Bear but i'm clueless when in comes to designing web pages and the like.Looks like Eric has a good handle on it anyway.
Good Luck and look foward to OH&IN runs someday.

85 Toyota Pickup Mall Crawler with some goodies
06 Dodge Ram 1500 YEAH It's got a Hemi!
08 Harley Davidson Nightster
00 Taco turned into man hole covers

Greatest Rock Garden Ever! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mloA3PSVYQ
NEV2DEP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2007, 01:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Out of Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEV2DEP
Cool! about time Bear
I would voleenter to help ya out Bear but i'm clueless when in comes to designing web pages and the like.Looks like Eric has a good handle on it anyway.
Time frame wasn't Bears fault. I never got off my but to start building the site up. That old Ohio lazy bug.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to bradleyem
Awesome job Eric....it's great of you to help out like that. How many members/possible members do you have lined up Bear? I'd hate to see you have to be the only one whoring up your own site Of course we'll be glad to visit the IN site and help out with that......
bradleyem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2007, 01:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I was lurking on the NB for years waiting for an Ohio chapter, then one day I just happened to notice that there was one...LOL That will make 23 states with official chapters. I think that there may be some unofficial ones out there still too. Now we need to get the rest of the N.E - MI, NY, WV, etc.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Out of Money

Yeah I think Ohio is here to stay. It was a slow start with only 3 or 4 of us at the beginning and now I am loosing count.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
IN NEED OF TACO

Send a message via AIM to SuperPoser
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyem
Now we need to get the rest of the N.E - MI, NY, WV, etc.
MI, MY, and WV used to have chapters... they just slacked...
just like Ohio ... 2 times in the past...
Quote:
I was lurking on the NB for years waiting for an Ohio chapter, then one day I just happened to notice that there was one...LOL
how long have you learked?
I've been with PA for a long time, even went to paragon with a guys from columbus a few years back... Brian, but I have e-mailed him a couple times, and not sure what happened to him...
can't find his number anywhere, so not sure??? hope he's still alive, he was really cool to wheel with...
(almost rolled his taco at wellsville before he made one payment :rofl)
WWW.PATTORA.COM since 2002

http://www.facebook.com/kick8472

2007 Blue Taco Double Cab
2004 KTM 200 SX
2003 Green/Tan Spyder 1ZZ

Last edited by SuperPoser; 01-06-2007 at 09:04 PM.
SuperPoser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2007, 11:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Member

right now? there is me, myself and I... So I guess that makes three.

Actually since my wife is also a registered member, we actually have 2 official members that I know of. No that isn't true. I did run into another member at the Badlands last time I was out there.

but techically I haven't tried any real "hard sales" for the chapter regarding recruitment, normally when I meet someone I refer them to the national board. I figured it would be better to do it that way until we are truely up and running. I let them know a local chapter is in the works but emphasize we don't have any launch dates officially.

Shannon knows of my intentions but nothing is official yet as you can imagine.

Once Eric and I (more like Eric since he is doing all the hard work) get closer to releasing the website I'll do more recruiting and coordinate with shannon in regards to the chapter.

GO SPURS GO!!!!
Old 01-06-2007, 11:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Well the photo album was not intended to be public I gave you the link so you could go in and choose any of the images for the site images. I can't remember which "album" I gave you (looks like the most recent one though) is that the only one out of the 6or7 albums I have that you can get into?

But that leads to the question; could we add a photo section later on down the road? maybe just the tab for now to let members know it is a future function of the site. I don't know what all is involved with hosting a photo album so I am guessing it maybe impossible due to storage and band width issues.

(Back to my sending you the link to my photo albums) If so I can send you the other links individually to browse threw if you want. But I like the image you selected! I think that was my best flex shot to date. When I got out of the truck to take the photo... The slider was head high to me (no short jokes!... the slider was at least 5.5' above the ground. (oops getting sidetracked)

I like the state logo you came up with. If there is any changes to be made to it, I would only suggest possibly using the the original TTORA insignia and/or fonts. but I couldn't tell you what they were but I could find out from Shannon. I do have a copy of the TTORA insignia if you need it for the OhTTORA business or any other future design work you may work on. It is sized for the web so it is small, but it works good for web design which I think is why Shannon sent it to me originally.

GO SPURS GO!!!!
Old 01-06-2007, 11:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Working on the logo some more I know it isn't so pretty but hay what do you expect from a cable guy.

If you want me to help, can you send me an email on Monday with a copy of your work, I should be able to help tweak and send it back to you so you can transfer that file into proper language. Correct?

If you rather not send it though, I understand

I do like the extra touch of adding the official logo to it.

GO SPURS GO!!!!
Old 01-06-2007, 11:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEV2DEP
Oh! NO DOUBT! that is if I can figure out how to stomp out that legendary Ohio lazy bug that seems to bite all your members.

I have a feeling that as a national club we have roughly 3 or 4 current Indiana members that do not really share much on the boards. Maybe after we launch, I can gather some of them and start building our own masses over here.

I don't expect the chapter to ever be as larger as the Texas chapter in which I come from. But hopefully I can cultivate something nice.

GO SPURS GO!!!!
Old 01-06-2007, 11:55 PM   #18 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Well one thing that will attract new members and traffic to the site is the "illusion" that it is already a popular site so with that said, the more post whores I get, the better we will look

Oh and by the way Eric, I have been known to be able to hold my own in whoring. Post whoring that is. I probably still hold records for posting in Texas! like the most consecutive months being the top poster, largest amounts of post in a month, you get the idea.

GO SPURS GO!!!!
Old 01-06-2007, 11:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Indiana also had a chapter back before I arrived. I spoke to one guy that was a v.p back then. said one major issue was back then all the members were spread out over the state and they could not stay organized due to it.

I figure I have a foot up on that problem, after all I come from a state that is the size of three. So hopefully I can take what I learned from that and incorporate it here.

GO SPURS GO!!!!

Last edited by Bear; 01-07-2007 at 12:02 AM.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:02 AM   #20 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear
I have a feeling that as a national club we have roughly 3 or 4 current Indiana members that do not really share much on the boards. Maybe after we launch, I can gather some of them and start building our own masses over here.
Yeah, I'm sure that there are people on the national board that are wishing that there was an Indianna board. It's nice to have the state chapters though because it makes it easier to organize events, trail runs, wrench-a-thons, etc. Also, you can discuss the type of 'wheeling (or in Ohio's case, car shows ) that is in your area. You can also discuss how to build up your rigs best for those conditions, if you mainly plan on doing local 'wheeling.

Quote:
Oh and by the way Eric, I have been known to be able to hold my own in whoring. Post whoring that is. I probably still hold records for posting in Texas! like the most consecutive months being the top poster, largest amounts of post in a month, you get the idea.
Well, having a high post count is fine, but if you're the ONLY ONE posting it's more like the random thoughts of a madman board than an offroading board.....even if you are talking about offroading related stuff

Quote:
Indiana also had a chapter back before I arrived. I spoke to one guy that was a v.p back then. said one major issue was back then all the members were spread out over the state and they could not stay organized due to it.
Well, having all of the members spread out can be an issue, or not. I think it's all up to the chapter officers and all of the members to participate and make the chapter fun and active. I think that the Ohio chapter is doing pretty well, even though we don't have awesome places like carnage canyon or moab to go run every weekend. Just having a few good outings a year, and some local ones in between (even if they are truck shows) helps out alot. In between the events we have a very active dialog just talking about 'wheeling or making suggestions about working on our trucks or whatever. The Ohio officers have done a great job of keeping the site updated, planning events, and just making the board a fun place to come and chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superposer
how long have you learked?
I've been with PA for a long time, even went to paragon with a guys from columbus a few years back... Brian, but I have e-mailed him a couple times, and not sure what happened to him...
can't find his number anywhere, so not sure??? hope he's still alive, he was really cool to wheel with...
(almost rolled his taco at wellsville before he made one payment :rofl)
Well, I first found the site through Rob (WATRD). I was looking for a more stout rear bumper to replace my rusted and trashed one...Funny its been all this time and I'm just finally getting around to making one myself. That was back when it was the TACOMA Territory Offroad Association back in the old Delphi days. I still occasionally slip up and refer to the club by that name...LOL After checking out Robs site and talking with him via e-mail, then TTORA, then learning about rock crawling and SAS I was hooked. For a long time I've been wanting to start doing some real serious mods to my truck, but since we don't have places like Bentup and All-Pro here I've been waiting on a complete kit, with good instructions, where you just cut off the IFS and weld on the links and brackets and you're done. Well, I got tired of waiting and though close, the "kits" are still not perfected yet. So, it's time to just figure it out myself. So now I'm slowly putting together a capable shop and I'm just gonna' get ideas and suggestions from people who have already done it, or are in the process, and figure the rest out myself. (with the help of Bear and other TTORA members, of course) And again, I have to curse Bear because he was the one that put the idea of a linked front and rear into my head. If not for that I probably would be done with a leaf SAS already . But I also have to thank him, because I think that I'll be much happier with the results, and it's a much better learning experience for me.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:20 PM   #21 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure that there are people on the national board that are wishing that there was an Indianna board. It's nice to have the state chapters though because it makes it easier to organize events, trail runs, wrench-a-thons, etc. Also, you can discuss the type of 'wheeling (or in Ohio's case, car shows ) that is in your area. You can also discuss how to build up your rigs best for those conditions, if you mainly plan on doing local 'wheeling.
I know exactly what you are saying in fact if it wasn't for my local texas chapters when I was down there. I would still be driving a stock truck and would be ignoring you.

Quote:
Well, having a high post count is fine, but if you're the ONLY ONE posting it's more like the random thoughts of a madman board than an offroading board.....even if you are talking about offroading related stuff
everyone already knows "I am out on my own branch" that would just confirm it!

Quote:
(with the help of Bear and other TTORA members, of course) And again, I have to curse Bear because he was the one that put the idea of a linked front and rear into my head. If not for that I probably would be done with a leaf SAS already . But I also have to thank him, because I think that I'll be much happier with the results, and it's a much better learning experience for me.
why do I deserve the bad rap on that one? I sure don't have a gun with a barrel long enough to be holding it to your head.LOL

You need to let me know though if you ever have a solid weekend of wrenching instead of doing it little by little. I'll come help where I can

Hopefully I will be successful and get this chapter strong enough to have good participation. When that happens, we are certainly going to have to have some joint runs between the two chapters. I keep visualizing this chapter as if it will be like the Texas chapter when I was down there. By that I mean we would have runs where people would come down to San Antonio and up from Houston for runs. And that area traveled just for the runs would be like people in Illinois traveling to Ohio actually even maybe a bit further.

the point being is I don't think the excuse of "we are all spread out" is a valid one and one I am going to try to disprove. but we will see!

GO SPURS GO!!!!
Old 01-09-2007, 12:30 PM   #22 (permalink)
Out of Money

Any update and how things are going with Shannon? I should get around to the site more this weekend. Also whitch files did you wan't for the logo I tossed together and if you want the same font as national if you can find out what it is and I will se what I can do.

Later
Eric
Old 01-09-2007, 12:58 PM   #23 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I emailed Shannon yesterday, still waiting on reply. I'll have to dig to find the fonts for the insignia, but shouldn't be too hard. I'll put out an A.P.B to the web guys on the national board or what not.

what do you mean by files? I know what a file is, do you mean which layer? I like the Indiana state "file" if we can change the font of the top insignia to match the national fonts.

the main banner copy might be a bit clearer with a bolder font.

those are just ideas to throw out. if you want to leave them alone that is fine also.

I'll try to get ahold of Shannon again, but I lost his phone #

GO SPURS GO!!!!
Old 01-09-2007, 02:27 PM   #24 (permalink)
save the bewbies!

Send a message via AIM to OFRD_GRL Send a message via Yahoo to OFRD_GRL
eric... i still have that OHTTORA webpage i made.. i can easily change it to indiana if you want....?
Old 01-09-2007, 02:36 PM   #25 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I got Shanno to reply to me on the national board. I should have an email from him by tomorrow.

GO SPURS GO!!!!
Old 01-09-2007, 02:37 PM   #26 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I guess I rustled the trees hard enough to bring you out again! LOL!

GO SPURS GO!!!!
Old 01-09-2007, 02:52 PM   #27 (permalink)
Out of Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by OFRD_GRL
eric... i still have that OHTTORA webpage i made.. i can easily change it to indiana if you want....?
She is alive. Yeah any help you are willing to give will be coll . I don't ever claim to be a good web builder or graffic artist. I just know enough to get by. You built the site using dreamweaver right? If so I might have to get my hands on that program and give it a go.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:55 PM   #28 (permalink)
Out of Money

Yeah Shannon can be pretty busy I know he has alot of things to do. I got your pm and looked over the thread and will se what I can do. It looks and sounds like Shannon has a custom font file for the TTORA so if you get your hands on it just send it on over to me. I think we are moveing along at a good pace now. I hope I don't start dragging on you all.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:17 PM   #29 (permalink)
Dun DUn DUN!

hey bear i answered your ttora font question but ill offer it up here. if you need any flyers, graphic design work ( logos and such) i can do them up for ya. troy has been slacking in getting stuff rolling here in CO so ill whore myself out to someone else lol
tacotoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2007, 03:26 PM   #30 (permalink)
Out of Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotoy
hey bear i answered your ttora font question but ill offer it up here. if you need any flyers, graphic design work ( logos and such) i can do them up for ya. troy has been slacking in getting stuff rolling here in CO so ill whore myself out to someone else lol
If you have time I don't know if Una is working on it yet but could you build a better logo. I tossed that one together and it honestly took me a couple of hours. I also don't know how to make it sticker friendly and such. If any one has any free server space to permanently set the inttor.org site on that would help as well. I talked to the guy at work and it is going to be at least a couple of weeks, heck they haven't even set up the pointing for the ohttor.com for me and that been over a month. I know I can get hosting and for free it is just going to take a bit of time.
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.