New from Southern Indiana - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association
     


Go Back   TTORA Forum > Regional Forums > Indiana > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 05:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Are you reading this?
 
gtrotter's Avatar
 
My Rig: 1989 Toy
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Owensville, Indiana
Posts: 1,509
New from Southern Indiana

Hey all just wanted to say whats up? I've been looking around for a a site that had somewhat local people to talk to, and it looks like I've found it.

Well enough about that, more about my truck. I've got a 2009 Tacoma. It's a regular cab 4X4, 5 speed 2.7 4 cyl. with a lsd. It's super white, with a black diamond plate toolbox and dark tint. Future mods include 3" lift, new wheels/tires, rock sliders, new front and rear bumper, and who knows what else.

If you see a truck matching my description near Evansville, then you have probly found me...don't be afraid to say hey.
gtrotter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-13-2009, 05:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
HoosierTacoma08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Castle, IN
Posts: 131
Send a message via Skype™ to HoosierTacoma08
Hey its you again! Glad you made your way over here!
__________________
2011 Tacoma 4WD TRD Off-Road
1987 Toyota Pickup Reg. Cab
HoosierTacoma08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2009, 06:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
ike
Veteran Member
 
ike's Avatar
 
My Rig: 1999 tacoma
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Loveland CO
Posts: 20,354
Welcome to TTORA
__________________
Degenerate

I am not lost


98 mazda protege
99 v6 trd taco-some stuff
07 Ninja 650R
ike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2009, 06:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Fuod's Avatar
 
My Rig: '04 TRD 4x4 X-Cab
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Evansville
Posts: 1,310
Welcome to TTORA! I'm also in Evansville, it's good to have more members down here!

Got any pics of the rig?
Fuod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2009, 06:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Are you reading this?
 
gtrotter's Avatar
 
My Rig: 1989 Toy
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Owensville, Indiana
Posts: 1,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Cricket View Post
Welcome to TTORA! I'm also in Evansville, it's good to have more members down here!

Got any pics of the rig?
Nothing recent, just these taken a few days after I got it. Only change is it now has a new toolbox for all my work crap. Right now I am just waiting until I find out whether I am getting laid off at work to lift it and get wheels/tires.



gtrotter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2009, 08:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Web wheelers anonamous
 
95toyotan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 683
Smile

Welcome to InTTORA!!!

Always great to have another member!
__________________
Republican
95toyotan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2009, 07:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Moderator
 
My Rig: 2005 TACOMA DCSB
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CedarTucky
Posts: 4,068
Glad to see you found the Indiana boards. There are a few near you in evansville, including Hoss. He's got a sweet white '05 with some goodies, keep your eyes open for him down there. I've got a 3" spacer lift and AAL you can have. Just pay shipping or we can maybe arrange some sort of pickup at a meeting or run in the near future...let me know!

Once again, welcome to InTTORA!
__________________
Blue Ribbon Coalition #4847

'05 Tacoma DCSB on Tons
NwiTACO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2009, 09:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Bear's Avatar
 
My Rig: 1997 Toyota Tacoma
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: state of confusion
Posts: 11,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrotter View Post
Hey all just wanted to say whats up? I've been looking around for a a site that had somewhat local people to talk to, and it looks like I've found it.

Well enough about that, more about my truck. I've got a 2009 Tacoma. It's a regular cab 4X4, 5 speed 2.7 4 cyl. with a lsd. It's super white, with a black diamond plate toolbox and dark tint. Future mods include 3" lift, new wheels/tires, rock sliders, new front and rear bumper, and who knows what else.

If you see a truck matching my description near Evansville, then you have probly found me...don't be afraid to say hey.
Welcome a board! good to have fresh faces on the board. Don't feel afraid to ask on our board for help. (national board…use the search button first. LOL )

Send myself or Brinner your contact information and we will get you added to the InTTORA roster.

Good luck with the job situation, this economy is spiraling I am afraid of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
Glad to see you found the Indiana boards. There are a few near you in evansville, including Hoss. He's got a sweet white '05 with some goodies, keep your eyes open for him down there. I've got a 3" spacer lift and AAL you can have. Just pay shipping or we can maybe arrange some sort of pickup at a meeting or run in the near future...let me know!

Once again, welcome to InTTORA!
Mark way to step up to the plate for a new member!

Back home we used to have what we called the TTORA express (fashioned after the pony express) If someone in say Dallas, had parts that needed to be shipped to say Houston, then we would find other members traveling between the two cities that would transport for the two parties involved. We might be able to do something like that. It works a lot of the time, but there are also times where no one is traveling so it is hit or miss, but when it works, it is a lot cheaper than freight!
__________________
BEAR
OVERKILL IS AN UNDERRATED ACHIEVEMENT

Originally Posted by abbott
… remember, in the world of cars and trucks, its not cubic inches, its cubic dollars.
GO SPURS GO!!!!
Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2009, 02:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Driver12518's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Evansville & Terre Haute, Indiana
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
Back home we used to have what we called the TTORA express (fashioned after the pony express) If someone in say Dallas, had parts that needed to be shipped to say Houston, then we would find other members traveling between the two cities that would transport for the two parties involved. We might be able to do something like that. It works a lot of the time, but there are also times where no one is traveling so it is hit or miss, but when it works, it is a lot cheaper than freight!
Should we start a thread about this? I'm always heading from Evansville to Terre Haute in the Winter. And I'm all over central Indiana in the summer with a huge trailer.


Oh, and hi new guy. Have you had any experience with off-roading in the past? Any ATV's, dirtbikes, other trucks? Been to any OHV parks around here you'd recomend?
__________________
'99 Tacoma V6 Ext. Cab
'86 4Runner
SAS'd with '85 front axle,welded rear, 5.29's, 12" front shock hoops, 5.5" shackles all around, 4" front leaf, 5" rear leaf, Bilstein 5125's 12", high steer, 36" IROKS
Driver12518 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2009, 03:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Brian
 
brinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 2,016
howdy..........uh oh, white new taco......we all now what happens to those
brinner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2009, 10:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Are you reading this?
 
gtrotter's Avatar
 
My Rig: 1989 Toy
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Owensville, Indiana
Posts: 1,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
Glad to see you found the Indiana boards. There are a few near you in evansville, including Hoss. He's got a sweet white '05 with some goodies, keep your eyes open for him down there. I've got a 3" spacer lift and AAL you can have. Just pay shipping or we can maybe arrange some sort of pickup at a meeting or run in the near future...let me know!

Once again, welcome to InTTORA!

Yeah, I wouldn't mind having the space and AAL...if you want, you can PM me your paypal addy and I can send money...the zip is 47665. Thank-you for being so nice.
gtrotter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2009, 10:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
Are you reading this?
 
gtrotter's Avatar
 
My Rig: 1989 Toy
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Owensville, Indiana
Posts: 1,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver12518 View Post
Oh, and hi new guy. Have you had any experience with off-roading in the past? Any ATV's, dirtbikes, other trucks? Been to any OHV parks around here you'd recomend?
I don't have much experience with off-road fun other than the occasional friends 4 wheeler. Buddy has a raptor 660R that I get to ride occasionally. I used to have Ranger, fun little truck but gas prices were killing me at the time. As far as parks, the only one I know of is interlake...I'm about 30 minutes from it.
The old beast:

gtrotter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2009, 10:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
Are you reading this?
 
gtrotter's Avatar
 
My Rig: 1989 Toy
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Owensville, Indiana
Posts: 1,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinner View Post
howdy..........uh oh, white new taco......we all now what happens to those
lifted and muddy?
gtrotter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2009, 10:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Fuod's Avatar
 
My Rig: '04 TRD 4x4 X-Cab
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Evansville
Posts: 1,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrotter View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't mind having the space and AAL...if you want, you can PM me your paypal addy and I can send money...the zip is 47665. Thank-you for being so nice.
Get used to it gtrotter! That's what TTORA is all about...
Fuod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2009, 10:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
Are you reading this?
 
gtrotter's Avatar
 
My Rig: 1989 Toy
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Owensville, Indiana
Posts: 1,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Cricket View Post
Get used to it gtrotter! That's what TTORA is all about...
If that's the case...anyone got a corolla/matrix/vibe and want some parts? I just came out of the slammed crowd and got some parts leftover. I never thought I might be using coilovers to lift instead of lowering lol
gtrotter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2009, 11:05 PM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Fuod's Avatar
 
My Rig: '04 TRD 4x4 X-Cab
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Evansville
Posts: 1,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrotter View Post
If that's the case...anyone got a corolla/matrix/vibe and want some parts? I just came out of the slammed crowd and got some parts leftover. I never thought I might be using coilovers to lift instead of lowering lol
Kids lower, men raise!

Actually I just made that up... Surprisingly...
Fuod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2009, 07:04 AM   #17 (permalink)
Moderator
 
My Rig: 2005 TACOMA DCSB
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CedarTucky
Posts: 4,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrotter View Post
lifted and muddy?
His was, until he sold his tires and started this:

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...d.php?t=112316
NwiTACO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2009, 03:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
Moderator
 
My Rig: 2005 TACOMA DCSB
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CedarTucky
Posts: 4,068
Got the lift packed and ready to ship! Soon... the fun shall begin!
NwiTACO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2009, 03:34 PM   #19 (permalink)
Brian
 
brinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 2,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
His was, until he sold his tires and started this:

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...d.php?t=112316
took one step back so i could gain the momentum to take 3 steps forward.
brinner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2009, 06:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
Are you reading this?
 
gtrotter's Avatar
 
My Rig: 1989 Toy
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Owensville, Indiana
Posts: 1,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinner View Post
took one step back so i could gain the momentum to take 3 steps forward.
yeah I read that...if you ever need a spare hand just PM me. Eventually, I am going to go SAS on my 09. Probly be about 4 or 5 years though, gotta get the mileage out of it lol. Already got 9,000 miles and barely had it three months.
gtrotter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2009, 02:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
Moderator
 
My Rig: 2005 TACOMA DCSB
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CedarTucky
Posts: 4,068
I waiting until it's mine...not TFS's!
NwiTACO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New from Indiana gtrotter Tell us who you are 12 01-15-2009 05:43 PM
New from Indiana redbirdrunner Tell us who you are 8 01-06-2009 06:32 PM
New guy in Indiana 95toyotan Tell us who you are 10 07-17-2008 10:06 PM
Indiana Run? brinner Upcoming Events 3 05-08-2007 02:05 PM
new from indiana jason6746 Tell us who you are 3 02-06-2007 11:42 AM

» Premium Vendor Showcase
» Recent Discussions
Barrett Lake Trail
07-22-2016 08:24 AM
by Brain
Last post by hytenor
Today 01:03 AM
4 Replies, 87 Views
Excessive shaking and...
07-22-2016 06:22 AM
Last post by lunarmist02
Yesterday 05:05 PM
2 Replies, 113 Views
Electrical/battery drain...
07-21-2016 06:53 AM
Last post by Scuba
Yesterday 04:17 PM
4 Replies, 144 Views
Random Picture thread.
01-16-2006 02:20 AM
Last post by Shakerhood
Yesterday 11:38 AM
7 Replies, 1,260,784 Views
Big Bear - August 13/14,...
07-05-2016 10:53 PM
by sparky
Last post by mwray8909
07-23-2016 10:10 PM
22 Replies, 689 Views
Diagnose and Fix...
08-01-2010 09:27 AM
Last post by coloredo
07-23-2016 05:45 PM
107 Replies, 115,757 Views
Some pics of a rusty...
07-21-2016 09:48 PM
Last post by mattsonmj
07-23-2016 03:10 PM
1 Replies, 90 Views
Automatic transmission...
07-23-2016 12:17 PM
Last post by Kinghailfire
07-23-2016 12:17 PM
0 Replies, 25 Views
Finding 2004 FSM
07-21-2016 06:02 PM
by fourwd
Last post by fourwd
07-23-2016 09:39 AM
2 Replies, 104 Views
2001 Tacoma Prerunner...
07-21-2016 07:58 AM
Last post by hytenor
07-22-2016 05:30 PM
1 Replies, 76 Views
» Buyer's Resource
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:06 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.