TTORA Forum banner

95 Tacoma Tail Light - No Power

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  MooseBit 
#1 ·
Hey all,

So I was hoping to pick someones brain here that is familiar with the wiring of the 1995 Tacoma. My reverse lights, and brake lights all work, but my running lights (the lights that illuminate when you turn on your headlights) do not work. I did a voltage test at the wiring harness back at the taillight connection and the running light wire does not get any power at the harness. All fuses are fine. What else could I check to diagnose this? Any wiring diagrams you all have to help me?

Thanks so much in advance!

#4 ·
So yes I do have a trailer wiring harness....no it's not hooked up to anything at the moment. It doesn't seem the harness ties into the running light wires anywhere so I'm not to sure how that would be related or what to check for with that. I've checked all related fuses and they are all in good shape. I still have no running lights, so any more things to check or helpful comments would be very appreciated!

#5 ·
If everything is out, it probably originates in the distro block under the hood. You'll need to bust out the meter and test light and start checking connections to see where the power flow stops. Check your headlight switch, relays in the fuse block, fuses, and work your way down the line.

#7 ·
Lol, i appreciate the comment and the polite prelude....but yes the bulbs are good. And in the original post, the problem is that I am not receiving power where the tail lights wire harness plus in, voiding a bulb issue. The problem lies down the line somewhere.

#10 ·
Check for power at the connector under the drivers seat. If you take off the door sill plate and unclip the carpet tabs, you can slide your hand under the carpet and pull the connector out to where you can see it. Where is your trailer wiring spliced in? Inside the cab?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.