TTORA Forum banner

Front Turn Signal Mystery

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  04dblcab 
#1 ·
My front turn signals are not flashing either way or with the hazards on. Recently got rid of the rear bumper and the trailer harness. I'm left with a green wire and white/blk wire for the bumper lights which are wired to a led light for the license plate, which works with the headlights. Removed the steering wheel to install a quick release one. I did hook all the original stuff to double check if it was something in the steering wiring that caused it. Lastly I removed the alarm system from under the dash, which didn't require any cutting. Just a few wire tap connectors left hanging, but my main suspicion. Fuses are fine, bulbs are new, and tail lights are working. I hate wiring.

#5 ·
I thought it was illegal to remove/disengage an airbag that is factory equipped/installed ?
And that insurance companies may not honor their coverage if the airbag(s) connection is altered.

I was under the assumption that a steering wheel QDC is not compliant with the SW's original airbag ?
tho' possibly I'm not current on what's available now-a-days ?

What's the legality/liability of installing a QDC steering wheel ?

#7 ·
I have other insured vehicles to drive. This is just to bring to my shop here and there that isnt far from my house so people will see it for attention. I understand the risk I am taking by removing stock components with insurance. I have no airbag. This is a chase truck for our Rock Bouncing crew. We are getting it prepped for next season of racing. 1uzfe, 38's on yotas, corbeaus and 5 point harness. I just want to show it off :D!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.