Outside Replacement Mirror Interest? - TTORA Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By taugust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Outside Replacement Mirror Interest?

To all Gen 1 Tacoma owners: There is a company called Trail Toys, out of Houston that sells what they call an EZView mirror. These are a combination flat outside rearview mirror, with the outer and lower portions curved to provide wide angle views. I saw them on a newer gen Tacoma, and they are pretty cool. Basically, it gives you a flat and wide angle view in the same mirror.

They currently sell them for FJ Cruisers and Gen 2+ Tacomas, but the owner says there hasn't been much interest in the Gen 1, so he isn't making them. I would like a set, and if there is enough interest, he may produce them for us. The company is Trail Toys, website for the others: EZView Mirrors | Trail Toys•35% increased field of view
•Aspherical outer section
◦Eliminates blind spots
•Curved lower section
◦Allows the rear tire to be view-able in the mirror

If this interests you, please let him know by contacting him directly through the website. He needs at least 15 confirmed buyers to do a vehicle specific production run. No affiliation, just an interested potential customer.
fnl4rw29r and Beejis60 like this.

2003 Tacoma V6 4x4 TRD ExtraCab
Tuff Country 5" Lift, King Coilovers, 33x10.50R15 BFG MT's, Black Steelies, Viair 450C Air Compressor and Tank, Custom Swaybar Disconnects, Yaesu FT-857D All Band Amateur Radio, Bestop Softtop, K&N Filter, Dual Batteries, LED Rocklights, Custom Sliders.

Deck Plate, Gray Wire, Rear Shock Spacer, Two-Low, Free Alarm Mods

Member Cal4Wheel, Tierra Del Sol 4WD Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 02:58 PM
Going John Galt

Quote:
Originally Posted by taugust View Post
To all Gen 1 Tacoma owners: There is a company called Trail Toys, out of Houston that sells what they call an EZView mirror. These are a combination flat outside rearview mirror, with the outer and lower portions curved to provide wide angle views. I saw them on a newer gen Tacoma, and they are pretty cool. Basically, it gives you a flat and wide angle view in the same mirror.

They currently sell them for FJ Cruisers and Gen 2+ Tacomas, but the owner says there hasn't been much interest in the Gen 1, so he isn't making them. I would like a set, and if there is enough interest, he may produce them for us. The company is Trail Toys, website for the others: EZView Mirrors | Trail Toys•35% increased field of view
•Aspherical outer section
◦Eliminates blind spots
•Curved lower section
◦Allows the rear tire to be view-able in the mirror

If this interests you, please let him know by contacting him directly through the website. He needs at least 15 confirmed buyers to do a vehicle specific production run. No affiliation, just an interested potential customer.
interesting. put me down as a maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
Yeah, well, I'm just glad I snagged a few Spector cans before EPA converted them to Sphincters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Jake View Post
Lube may be your best friend (depending on location).
'00 Excab Tacoma, 2.7, 5sp with a Bunch-o-mods
Inchworm Rock Walkin' Gear
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 08:16 PM

Interesting, sounds like the Multivex mirrors I have in the Exige. I'd be interested as the view out the rear with the dirty topper window and a bed full of camping gear isn't great.

-chris

Daily Driver: 2014 E63 AMG Wagon
Camping Toy: 2004 extended cab trd 4x4 manual
Track Toy: 2007 Lotus Exige S
Track Toy #2: 1988 E30 M3

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

You need to contact the business owner linked in the original post to register your interest. Last I checked with him, he hadn't had any response, which makes it a no go.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

2003 Tacoma V6 4x4 TRD ExtraCab
Tuff Country 5" Lift, King Coilovers, 33x10.50R15 BFG MT's, Black Steelies, Viair 450C Air Compressor and Tank, Custom Swaybar Disconnects, Yaesu FT-857D All Band Amateur Radio, Bestop Softtop, K&N Filter, Dual Batteries, LED Rocklights, Custom Sliders.

Deck Plate, Gray Wire, Rear Shock Spacer, Two-Low, Free Alarm Mods

Member Cal4Wheel, Tierra Del Sol 4WD Club
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 10:54 PM

The visibility in the stock mirrors of my '01 is phenomenal. I have no blind spots anywhere and can I can even see down to the curb pretty easily when parrelel parking with 32" tires if I scoot up in the seat a tad. I've never pulled a trailer with my truck.. maybe then It would seem more useful.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode