BIGGER spare tire & Tow Package - TTORA Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2005, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 177
BIGGER spare tire & Tow Package

So... I'm looking for a new (used) 4X4 DC. Mine was stolen a few weeks ago (Thatís another thread). Anyway, I was wondering if I found one that has the Tow Package on it, will this effect my plans of going to larger tires (32") and a larger spare tire. I've never looked under a Tacoma that had a tow package. Are there any mounting points that will impede a larger spare tire. Thanks.
The Dude Abides is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2005, 07:48 PM
Moderator
 
dougtrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gallup, NM
Posts: 838
nope, should not be a proble to mount a 32 with the tow package...

Degenerate
'11 Tacoma
dougtrd is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2005, 07:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
So... I'm looking for a new (used) 4X4 DC. Mine was stolen a few weeks ago (Thatís another thread). Anyway, I was wondering if I found one that has the Tow Package on it, will this effect my plans of going to larger tires (32") and a larger spare tire. I've never looked under a Tacoma that had a tow package. Are there any mounting points that will impede a larger spare tire. Thanks.
I'm pretty sure that the trailer hitch won't affect the room you'll have for a spare tire. If I'm not mistaken the brackets which hold the spare are the same size on all the prerunner and 4x4 tacos, and they can be bent to allow for up to a 33" spare.
camaddy is offline  
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2005, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 177
Perfect... Just what I wanted to hear. Thanks for info! Now all I have to do if find another '03 or '04 DC.
The Dude Abides is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2005, 11:10 PM
Ky Vice President
 
jhorn_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Ky
Posts: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
So... I'm looking for a new (used) 4X4 DC. Mine was stolen a few weeks ago (Thatís another thread). Anyway, I was wondering if I found one that has the Tow Package on it, will this effect my plans of going to larger tires (32") and a larger spare tire. I've never looked under a Tacoma that had a tow package. Are there any mounting points that will impede a larger spare tire. Thanks.
i have a reg. cab with tow package and have a 33 x 12.50 under there with no modifications. its REAL close but it fits...
jhorn_007 is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhorn_007
i have a reg. cab with tow package and have a 33 x 12.50 under there with no modifications. its REAL close but it fits...
Thanks for the reply!

This 10 character thing is getting to me.
The Dude Abides is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2005, 06:33 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Carlisle,PA
Posts: 69
Send a message via AIM to Tacomatoy03
good luck finding a used DC, it might be better in your area, out here in PA i can hardly find anything...I am lucky to com across a few 02 and 03's but they want outrageous prices even for these...Im still looking though hopefully ill find one too, im in no hurry right now, i have an 03 ex cab but it has little room for my growing family
Pete
Tacomatoy03 is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2005, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomatoy03
good luck finding a used DC, it might be better in your area, out here in PA i can hardly find anything...I am lucky to com across a few 02 and 03's but they want outrageous prices even for these...Im still looking though hopefully ill find one too, im in no hurry right now, i have an 03 ex cab but it has little room for my growing family
Pete
I'm not having any problems what-so-ever finding a DC. Unfortunately, they are all Prerunners. I am however having major problems finding one that is a 4X4 with TRD! One was in New Mexico. I'm in California! I did find one, but it was red. Iím not a big fan of red. Maybe the new Jeep Unlimited Rubicon is calling my name??
The Dude Abides is offline  
Reply
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome