Hot Springs to Jonesboro - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 07:26 AM Thread Starter

Hot Springs to Jonesboro

Hey guys I am headin to Jonesboro in the morning, in case anyone needs parts brought back or takin there. Let me know!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 01:16 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_prerunner View Post
Hey guys I am headin to Jonesboro in the morning, in case anyone needs parts brought back or takin there. Let me know!
You driving a truck?

Whats left of a 85 Toyota, 22r Slightly Modified, Got propane, lots of tube n stuff.

=Greene County Crevise Crawlers=
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

I was going to be driving my work truck up there and getting a car hauler, but i have decided to not buy that trailer and maybe find one around here. Wasn't really what I want and I could pay a little more and get what I want new.
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 03:36 PM
Veteran Member

I'm curious what was the deal? I might be interested in selling my trailer, but I just have a bunch of iorns in the fire right now, and moneys gonna get harder to come by, when I need to find a replacement for it.

Whats left of a 85 Toyota, 22r Slightly Modified, Got propane, lots of tube n stuff.

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

There was a guy up there that had a car hauler trailer, but had mobile home axles under it and no trailer brakes and wanted $1000. But I started thinking about it and I can buy a brand new one with reg axles and trailer brakes for $1500 and I wouldn't have to drive all the way to jonesboro. What kinda trailer do you have? If your wantn to sell it send some pics and the dimensions.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 06:56 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gittinit View Post
I'm curious what was the deal? I might be interested in selling my trailer, but I just have a bunch of iorns in the fire right now, and moneys gonna get harder to come by, when I need to find a replacement for it.
I still say you oughta buy a gooseneck and put a camper on it. Would haul a lot better than putting a camper in the bed and towing a bumper trailer...
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 07:38 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
There was a guy up there that had a car hauler trailer, but had mobile home axles under it and no trailer brakes and wanted $1000. But I started thinking about it and I can buy a brand new one with reg axles and trailer brakes for $1500 and I wouldn't have to drive all the way to jonesboro. What kinda trailer do you have? If your wantn to sell it send some pics and the dimensions.
$1500 is only gonna get ya a utility trailer with used tires, brakes on one of the 3500lb axles and a wood floor that will rot out in a couple years.

I have a all steel, homebuilt, and lightweight, car hauler, with basically the same setup. I will see if I can find some pics tomarrow. It aint much but it pulls like a dream.

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

1500 will get me a brand new light duty car hauler (low deck), brakes on one axle, with ramps, and a wood deck from a company in hot springs.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 09:38 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
1500 will get me a brand new light duty car hauler (low deck), brakes on one axle, with ramps, and a wood deck from a company in hot springs.
Thats really not a bad deal. Will it have new tires too?

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

yeah the only thing is it's a little lighter than what I was wanting, but when you jump up to 10,000 lbs weight rating they get a little pricey. how much would you want for your trailer? if you are wanting to sell it.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 06:42 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Daniel, did you decide on which company to get the trailer from? You'll be happy in the end you didn't get that cobbled-together trailer
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

I went there sat. and today again to look around a measure to see what I thought. I plan on going back tomorrow and talking to them, they are only open mon-fri. Unless I find something else before the end of the week I will probably go ahead and buy one from them. They have really good prices and good looking trailers. I think I am going to spend the extra 100 bucks and get an 18 ft long though.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 07:49 PM
Veteran Member

Daniel, I recommend the upgraded fenders. Those flimsy sheetmetal fenders don't do much for our kinda trailering.

Are you and Aaron breaking up?

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I will look in to that too. No we aren't breaking up...just spending time apart.. lol no I just need a way to haul my junk around without borrowing other people stuff. And if I open up my own business in the near future I will need a trailer for hauling the trachoe/backhoe I plan to buy
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 08:36 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
yeah the only thing is it's a little lighter than what I was wanting, but when you jump up to 10,000 lbs weight rating they get a little pricey. how much would you want for your trailer? if you are wanting to sell it.
Your prolly just better off buying the new one. I like my trailer and the only reason I was considering selling was to upgrade to a $gooseneck, which I really don't have the money for, nor do i really just need the $gooseneck till I get a $deisel tow rig. Are you seeing the dollar signs yet?

I would likely need to ask $1200 for it which is more than I gave but not near what its worth. I also need to go ahead and hook up the trailer brakes, something I have never bothered to do, but already done when buying new.

post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 08:39 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Yeah I will look in to that too. No we aren't breaking up...just spending time apart.. lol no I just need a way to haul my junk around without borrowing other people stuff. And if I open up my own business in the near future I will need a trailer for hauling the trachoe/backhoe I plan to buy
Good call. I hate borrowing stuff... cuz it always seems to break when I'm in possession of it...
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 08:40 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
If your planning to hual a trackhoe around go for the heavier duty trailer. As for the enders....I don't mind the flimsy fenders if their removeable.

post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 08:46 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan7118 View Post

One of these days I'll have my rig back in little rock, so hauling together will only make sense for the really long trips. Now we both need a trailer.. Argh.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 08:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
One of these days I'll have my rig back in little rock, so hauling together will only make sense for the really long trips. Now we both need a trailer.. Argh.
I kinda figured that was what was up. Sucks being that far from your rig, eh?!
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Yeah it would be a small trackhoe if I ever did decide to actually get one, so I think a 7000 lbs gvwr will work for me. Jordan, usually with my family-when I borrow stuff I have to spend at least 2 to 3 hours working on it or unloading it to actually be able to use it. lol
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

and on the 1200 for your trailer, i havent seen it but if you would be interested in doing some trading for the camper and then me give ya some extra cash I would def. be interested. But if your not wantn to sell it right now that's cool. Just let me know what ya think!
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 10:04 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
usually with my family-when I borrow stuff I have to spend at least 2 to 3 hours working on it or unloading it to actually be able to use it. lol
Yea, I could see that...
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 08:21 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
and on the 1200 for your trailer, i havent seen it but if you would be interested in doing some trading for the camper and then me give ya some extra cash I would def. be interested. But if your not wantn to sell it right now that's cool. Just let me know what ya think!
As of right now thats a no on the camper deal. I was gonna hold out and try and talk it over with my wife when govt gives us our money back, but from the reactions I got from her so far its a no. I think I may have talked myself out of it anyhow just couse of the extra $ that come along with it all. I'm good towing with my current setup, and thats good couse I just don't forsee things getting finacially better any time soon. I've got 2 year till my wife graduates, she currently is unemployed, and i may be trying to find a new source of employment this spring.

I do have access to another trailer so i might consider selling outright. This is the only rescent pic I could find. I will try and rember to take some this afternoon after I getup and unload my now broken down rig.

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Veteran Member

post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 09:46 AM
Veteran Member

Check out this forum if your wanting a deal on a trailer. I have seen some go for cheap, and there is bound to be a deal thats worth the drive for you.
http://bb.tennesseeoffroad.com/ubb/u...ubb=forum;f=42

Here are some pics of my trailer.

this fender is slightly tweaked. i keep meaning to straighten it but it just keeps getting moved down my to do list.

i keep the spare and ratchet straps and such in the tray near the front.

the back

the matching set of 5 wheels. One of the tires if an different brand than the rest, but they are all same size and equall tread. the 1 different brand got swapped onto the trailer at one time when I had a flat and has been there since easily over a year ago.

wide

length to dovetail

full length of bed/runners

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode