TTORA Forum banner

Barrett Lake Area FS 16S03???

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  willia12 
#1 ·
Hey, do any of you SoCal guys know the story on FS 16S03? I have been working out off of Lyons Valley Rd. down here in eastern San Diego County for a few years and have seen groups of jeeps and Broncos heading up a road labeled with a Forest Service sign as noted above.

I drove my truck up about 1/2 mile after work to check it out and it is a rutted out dirt road with some off-camber stuff up to the point I turned around. But yeah, I have seen some wheelers out on Saturday mornings but have never had time to stop and chat since I was at work. The entrance to the trail is off of Lyons Valley Rd. sort of across from the entrance to Barrett Lake.

If anyone has any information on this, please post up. Thanks!

~J&M

#5 ·
Thanks for the info, guys. If anyone wants to roll up there and have a look at this trail sometime, I'd like to check it out if we are still in the area at the time.

~J&M

#7 ·
Just got the call this morning confirming that we are booked up for the weekend working from Garner Valley, to Ontario, Hemet, MoVal, etc. and then we are being moved out to Julian for the first few days of next week, then who knows after that. If we end up back in Alpine I might try to run a trail after work if you want to go explore.

Also, Mel and I spent the evening with friends on the coast last night, and now we are talking about getting a weekly rental on the beach down by Ocean Beach somewhere after this job ends and just relaxing for a week or two instead of going home to bake in the Arizona heat. So if that happens, we'll be around. Depending on your schedule, we should be able to go explore a trail or two before we go back to AZ. Sounds like fun. :D

#8 ·
Also, Mel and I spent the evening with friends on the coast last night, and now we are talking about getting a weekly rental on the beach down by Ocean Beach somewhere after this job ends and just relaxing for a week or two instead of going home to bake in the Arizona heat. So if that happens, we'll be around. Depending on your schedule, we should be able to go explore a trail or two before we go back to AZ. Sounds like fun. :D

OB is fun man.... I like PB/MB better though.

#9 ·
Yeah, I have heard that, and we have been to Mission Beach a few times, just to the north which is nice. MB has more silicone and less granola, but we don't need silicone and we kind of like granolas. Hahaha! OB is a few blocks from our friend's house so we were thinking it would be nice to be within walking distance from their place so we wouldn't have to deal with driving/parking, etc. We still need to try and find a small beach rental if we go that route and the other option if we don't do the beach thing is to go to the mtns. Mel's brother wants us to take him camping in the sky islands down in southeastern Arizona and show him some of the wildlife that comes up into AZ out of Mexico in that area. He's been asking about it for a while and Mel is also kicking around the idea of a camping trip in the mtns if we get some time off. At this point it looks like we will have some time off toward the end of the month, but things change on a daily basis with our jobs, so who knows.

Thanks for the tips and info everyone. I will post up if we get the chance to put a run together out here in the Alpine area somewhere. I know there is also the corral canyon ORV park, and there is one out in McCain valley we have worked near as well. But I have never tried to wheel at either of those areas.

#10 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.