Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof
March 2009 Event

who has the details?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 02:33 AM
SoCal President

Hell, I'll just shout out a date. . . . . . 3/27 through 3/29. Some peeps got beat up at Calico and need the whole month to repair. So, that seems like the best date. I can't be of any assistance on this run due to the fact that I've never been there before. Do we want to set up a base camp and shoot to and fro? Or do we want to expo it and camp at a different spot each night? Are two nights enough or should we think about friday through monday? I think we should think about a potluck for the dinners. Maybe make a list of stuff that we'd like and have the attending members volunteer accordingly. Just throwing out suggestions. First thing's first, though. We all need to decide on a date . . . . . . . .and fast.
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 12:28 PM

Dates work for me. I am not so sure about a Monday venture. I like the Idea of a base camp, less work on moving stuff around. Don't forget to make it legit a so cal ttora official has to be present.

Votes for March 27-29 : Sparky, navy_sr5

2007 Tacoma
SR5 V6 6SP Manual 4x
Backuplight & Fusebox mod
Goodyear Wrangler M/T

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to SiRMarlon
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 02:20 PM
Just another newb....

Well.... the initial plan was to camp in different locations each night. This way we could cover more ground during the weekend. We'd publish each nights campsite locations so those that wanted to run only a single day can choose the day that best fits them. One complaint about camping in Truckhaven was the distance needed to travel to get to some of the further trails. Hence the reasoning behind an 'overland' type of event.

As for needing an SoCal TTORA staff member to make this an 'official' run - I'll designate whomever wants to be a staff member - though I am planning on being in attendance.

I understand that some desire the run to be at the end of the month (To allow for repairs, etc.) and others that wish the run to be held earlier in the month. Such is the conundrum of the office of president

This coming weekend is the Tierra Del Sol event and for those seeking an early month run should take full advantage and attend. If I'm not mistaken, AllPro has offered to lead a TTORA run this weekend. Click the link below for more information

Tierra Del Sol Desert Safari (TDS) Anyone?

I'm partial to a mid-month or later date. But we need to publicize 'something', and I'd like to elicit suggestions from you....

Rick
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 04:16 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Ebruddah
Quote:
Originally Posted by pray4surf View Post
Well.... the initial plan was to camp in different locations each night. This way we could cover more ground during the weekend. We'd publish each nights campsite locations so those that wanted to run only a single day can choose the day that best fits them. One complaint about camping in Truckhaven was the distance needed to travel to get to some of the further trails. Hence the reasoning behind an 'overland' type of event.

As for needing an SoCal TTORA staff member to make this an 'official' run - I'll designate whomever wants to be a staff member - though I am planning on being in attendance.

I understand that some desire the run to be at the end of the month (To allow for repairs, etc.) and others that wish the run to be held earlier in the month. Such is the conundrum of the office of president

This coming weekend is the Tierra Del Sol event and for those seeking an early month run should take full advantage and attend. If I'm not mistaken, AllPro has offered to lead a TTORA run this weekend. Click the link below for more information

Tierra Del Sol Desert Safari (TDS) Anyone?

I'm partial to a mid-month or later date. But we need to publicize 'something', and I'd like to elicit suggestions from you....

Rick

I've got the expedition track all mapped out. I'm thinking 3/20-3/22 I will start on 3/19 night at Truckhaven and will be in Anza on 3/20 night after running Cross-Over road from Truckhaven to the Gas Domes and then over to the Slot. That's going to be my Friday day run. Then on Saturday head over to Smuggler's Cave and Table Mountain area. I have more details for everyone but I need to quit fucking around here at work. This is going to be a good one!

Anyone in TTORA interested in Mojave Road on any weekend except Easter?

2005 Tacoma V6 SR5 - 4WD AC TRD Off Road - 6 Speed M/T: ARB Bull Bar, SuperWinch 9.0 EPI, Total Chaos UCAs, IVD Coilovers, OME rear shocks & Dakars, Optima YT, Yaesu FT-2800, Cobra 29, BudBuilt IFS Skids, 285/75/16 Goodyear MT/R Kevlar on MB Wheels 72s, All-Pro Sliders & rear bumper, 10 lb. PowerTank with HPX Regulator
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 06:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to BASEjumper
I will not be able to attend if it is on the 28th. The 21st gets my vote. Also, taking requests for T-shirts and sweatshirts. I need this info ASAP so I can place an order so we can have it by the 21st.
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof
21st gets my vote as well, thats my long weekend off haha!!!
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 07:38 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASEjumper View Post
I will not be able to attend if it is on the 28th. The 21st gets my vote. Also, taking requests for T-shirts and sweatshirts. I need this info ASAP so I can place an order so we can have it by the 21st.

1) Ebruddah - (Defintiely not cornflaking since I have the expedition track planned out and I need to make up for my last time out in Anza)
2)BaseJumper
3) MonkeyProof

2005 Tacoma V6 SR5 - 4WD AC TRD Off Road - 6 Speed M/T: ARB Bull Bar, SuperWinch 9.0 EPI, Total Chaos UCAs, IVD Coilovers, OME rear shocks & Dakars, Optima YT, Yaesu FT-2800, Cobra 29, BudBuilt IFS Skids, 285/75/16 Goodyear MT/R Kevlar on MB Wheels 72s, All-Pro Sliders & rear bumper, 10 lb. PowerTank with HPX Regulator
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 07:57 PM

Put me in as a maybe, just depends on how my school schedule works out.

2000 Tacoma, 3.4 5speed

CBI Sliders, Cobra 18 WX ST II with Firestick antenna, OME 881s, Dakar Leafs, 33x10.5 BFG AT
post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Just another newb....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebruddah View Post
I've got the expedition track all mapped out. I'm thinking 3/20-3/22 I will start on 3/19 night at Truckhaven and will be in Anza on 3/20 night after running Cross-Over road from Truckhaven to the Gas Domes and then over to the Slot. That's going to be my Friday day run. Then on Saturday head over to Smuggler's Cave and Table Mountain area. I have more details for everyone but I need to quit fucking around here at work. This is going to be a good one!

Anyone in TTORA interested in Mojave Road on any weekend except Easter?
I'm looking forward to seeing the final details... Let me know how I can help you!

Quote:
You've already gotten my T/sweatshirt order. See you out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
21st gets my vote as well, thats my long weekend off haha!!!
Mine too (got Monday off) Course over a 3 week period of time I get a Friday off, a Monday off, then pick one of Tues-Thurs day for the 3rd week. Then the cycle repeats itself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebruddah View Post
1) Ebruddah - (Defintiely not cornflaking since I have the expedition track planned out and I need to make up for my last time out in Anza)
2)BaseJumper
3) MonkeyProof
Adding pray4surf to the list below....

Quote:
Originally Posted by T100Eric View Post
Put me in as a maybe, just depends on how my school schedule works out.
Hope you can make it!

1. Ebruddah
2. BASEjumper
3. MonkeyProof
4. pray4surf

Quote:
I call myself "El Jefe"....other call me "pendejo".....I prefer El Jefe...

SoCal TTORA Forum

SoCal TTORA Website
post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 09:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to BASEjumper
OK, so is the official date gonna be the weekend of 3/21-22? If so, I should be able to make it out there Fri night... and BRING FIREWOOD.
post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to vistataco
I think I will skip the expedition style trip as I am not sure if I will have my truck back yet. Maybe i will go out there in a couple of weeks for the day in the Tundra for a little fun.

So-Cal Staff Member STFU and WHEEL!!!

- 1997 Lexus LX450 Locked F/R, F.O.R. 3.5" coils with 7100's, 35" BFG KM2, DO sliders, DO bumpers, 4.88's, Yaesu 7900 (KJ6VCY), Superwinch 9500, and other do-dads. (Satin black)
2011 Lexus GS350 Pearl White (DD)
post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Just another newb....

Quote:
OK, so is the official date gonna be the weekend of 3/21-22? If so, I should be able to make it out there Fri night... and BRING FIREWOOD.
No one has spoken to argue for another day. I do realize that not everyone has had a chance to speak up. But that weekend works best for me, and the majority that have spoken.

Remember if you camp in the Anza Borrego, fires must be in metal containers. Truckhaven is not considered part of the park.

Quote:
Camp at least 100 feet away from water.
Bring a metal container to hold your fire. Fires built on the ground are NOT permitted and violators wll be cited.
Park on the side of the road, so others may pass, but DO NOT trample vegetation or drive over geological formations.
Keep a clean camp. Take your trash home with you.
- source Back Country Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistataco View Post
I think I will skip the expedition style trip as I am not sure if I will have my truck back yet. Maybe i will go out there in a couple of weeks for the day in the Tundra for a little fun.
I'm hoping that each days planned runs will be posted along with each evenings campsite. This way, one would not necessarily have to do the entire weekend, but can pick a day. Allows those that wish to make a full weekend out of it can and those looking for a day run can hook-up with us at a predetermined time and location..... (wishful thinking?)
post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 10:23 PM
Veteran Member

ERbuddah, In response to your comment in the other thread, Ill actually already be out there due to a ultimateyota run that fell through, But i have the weekend off so im heading out anyway..

99 Single Cab 2.7. Finally SAS'd and sitting on full width Toyota axles.
post #16 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 11:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba951 View Post
ERbuddah, In response to your comment in the other thread, Ill actually already be out there due to a ultimateyota run that fell through, But i have the weekend off so im heading out anyway..
Whatever's clever...

post #17 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 12:04 AM
SoCal President

I'm a go for the weekend of the 21st. Add me in. I need to know if this date is "set in stone" before this friday. I need to get any time off from work approved 2 weeks in advance. Anybody have access to the metal containers mentioned above for our campfires?
post #18 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 12:14 AM

the weekend of the 21st can work for me, but can we please nail down this date so i can put in for time off of work?

can a nissan come to an "official" event?

02 nissan frontier - dynatrack pro rock 60, 3link f/r, 14" kings f/r, arb lockers f/r, crawler gears with 5.13's and 35's.
post #19 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 12:45 AM
SoCal President

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
the weekend of the 21st can work for me, but can we please nail down this date so i can put in for time off of work?

I think club rules dictate you set your camp up a minimum 50 ft. away from ours and you have to shout "I love what you do for me. Toyota!" on command.

Seriously, though. I don't think anybody's gonna have an issue with it.
post #20 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 12:53 AM

The 20-22th work for me as well. Ed, you do plan to pre-run anza before these dates? I'm game for a Mojave Road trip as well, as long as we get a few trucks going.

Frank, don't bring too much firewood... we don't want you falling in the fire again .

08 Tacoma Long Travel (Expo Rig)
94 F250 7.3 Turbo Diesel (Tow Rig)
84 4runner (Rock Crawler)
post #21 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
I think club rules dictate you set your camp up a minimum 50 ft. away from ours and you have to shout "I love what you do for me. Toyota!" on command.

Seriously, though. I don't think anybody's gonna have an issue with it.
haha. youre right, toyotas make great rti ramps. joking!

edit: i'm really excited, i haven't been out there in almost two years.

02 nissan frontier - dynatrack pro rock 60, 3link f/r, 14" kings f/r, arb lockers f/r, crawler gears with 5.13's and 35's.
post #22 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 01:48 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrujillo63 View Post
The 20-22th work for me as well. Ed, you do plan to pre-run anza before these dates? I'm game for a Mojave Road trip as well, as long as we get a few trucks going.

Frank, don't bring too much firewood... we don't want you falling in the fire again .

I'm game to pre-run... Since we're probably going to be doing a SCTTORA Mojave Road Run anyways. It would probably me you and Brandon fo sho if it does happen. If we do the pre run I want to keep it at 4-5 rigs max. Just because I may need to get some exploration done on the side in case my original itinerary require any alterations.

post #23 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 01:49 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post

I could put my differences aside if he brings extra brews for everyone...

post #24 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 04:39 PM

hope you guys like pabst.

post #25 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 06:15 PM

Ebruddah..
I am getting intersted in the Mojave road trip thing. If you could give me more details if you dont mind

he who doesn't know the falcon BBQ it!!!!!!!!!!

Proud to be SAUDI
post #26 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 09:15 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to diablo_alex2777
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3jooom View Post
Ebruddah..
I am getting intersted in the Mojave road trip thing. If you could give me more details if you dont mind
x2.
post #27 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 09:11 PM

I'm in for Anza weekend of March 20th

I know its early, but anyone know if there will be a prerunner/stock 4x4 run? I'd like to take the wife on this one, but she's doesn't have the stomache for anything like Calico.

If not, I'll camp solo....

Laters,

John

John
08 FJ Cruiser Ti silver, manaul, Budbuilt skids, Allpro sliders, Allpro rear bumper, Allpro UCA, Walker Evans Coilovers and rear shocks, Goodyear MTR
post #28 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 12:42 AM
Veteran Member

so far i'm clear to go. sleepyratt too. we're going sat to sunday.
post #29 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 03:17 AM
SoCal President

Talked to my supervisor today and wasn't able to get friday off. I'll join up friday night and to camp out. Is there cell phone service out there? Is there a number I could get from a member camping fri. night? Ya know. . . . so I could get an exact location of the campsite that night when I get closer.

Last edited by sparky; 03-08-2009 at 10:59 PM.
post #30 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 02:20 PM

any info on the trails we will be running?

Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode