TTORA Forum banner

Chariot Mountain - March 11th, 2017

3K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  VirginiaQB 
#1 ·
TTORA SO-CAL

presents

Chariot Mountain

Chariot Mountain consists of many hiking, riding and driving trails. Most notable are Mason Valley Truck Trail, California Riding and Hiking Trail, Pacific Crest Trail and Rodriguez Spur Truck Trail. This area was a part of a passage between the Native Americans on the coast and those near the Colorado River. Signs of their occupation are observable even to this day. It was later used by explorers, the U.S. Army and mail couriers. Today the area is enjoyed by outdoorsman of all types. Nature really sings here, especially in the springtime. There are streams, waterfalls and lots of blooms.

Trail Runs:

Easy - Chariot, Oriflamme and Rodriguez canyons are stock 2WD friendly. They are mild with switchbacks and sandy washes. Just before Rodriguez Spur, there is an exit out to S2. Rodriguez Spur has several rock gardens but the main trail is graded.

This can all be done in 2wd. See recommendations below if you decide to try the obstacles on Rodriguez Spur.

Minimum Recommendations: 4wd, 1 locker, armor, 33" tires

Meet Point:
Hwy 78/Trail Head
33°04'02.9"N 116°32'51.7"W
Google Maps

Meet Time:
10am

Bring lunch!

See less See more
#2 ·
Everyone has had great things to say about this run. It's very scenic and definitely family friendly.

I'm on the fence, though. The cruiser is still under construction and I need to make a decision. It's between taking an empty seat or getting the cruiser done. I really want to be dialed in for Calico in April. So. . . . I dunno.

Btw, some drone footage would be killer! Just saying'!

#5 ·
If i can get a vehicle in time than i might try to make it
How did the double cab look on Monday?

Who is actually going to run the spur?
Hopefully, as the run gains more interest, you'll have some risk takers that will follow you through the obstacles.

Garry will be your Trail Leader for this run! With all the rain this area has gotten, the scenery should be breath-taking! There should be plenty of time after the run to stop in Julian for dinner and a slice of apple pie!

#7 ·
Hey guys,
Trying to shuffle things around to make this run. I have a few questions.

1. Anyone camping? Any recommendations/suggestions for those interested in staying the night.

2. Regarding the spur, is there a way to bypass it and not lose touch with the rest of the crew?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.