TTORA Forum banner

Miller Jeep Trail - June 10, 2017

4K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  SafetyDang 
#1 ·
TTORA SO-CAL

presents

Miller Jeep Trail

Miller Jeep Trail is located off Interstate 5 about an hour's drive north of Los Angeles. It is quite short -- only three miles, but to get there you first have to take the much longer Lockwood Mountain Trail, which winds over several mountain ridges taking you from the Lockwood Valley to Lockwood Flat. Then the Miller Trail takes you straight up the side of Alamo Mountain. Most of the trails around LA are made up of rocks and shrubs, but this trail takes you up amongst the trees through the Los Padres National Forest.

The trail covers a lot of ground. You will go up and down the local mountains a few times before you make the final ascent. The final ascent up Alamo Mtn is the most difficult section of the trail. It gets steep, loose and rocky with some potential for hitting the low points and rocker panels on stock rigs pretty hard.
More on Miller

After we complete Miller, we usually hang out at the "skills" area and play around.

Vehicle Minimum Requirements: 4WD, sliders/skids, tow points, 31" tires w/locker

Stock rigs should anticipate some scrapes and bruises.

Meet Point:
Flying J Truck Stop
42810 Frazier Mtn. Park Road
Lebec, CA 93243
N34 49.025 W118 53.150

You'll be able to fuel up here as well as get ice and lunch stuff.

Meet Time: 9:00 am

Total time on the trail varies by group size, but 4-6hrs is typical. We will be stopping briefly for a lunch break. It'll be warm so pack a few extra bottles of water!!

2016 Trip pictures
2015 Trip pictures
2014 Trip pictures
2013 Trip pictures

See less See more
#12 ·
Found out that a new co-worker of mine and his friend had already planned on heading up to run Miller on Sat. He has a lifted and locked LX450 and the other guy has a modified Jeep Wrangler. I told him it was ok for them to tag along with our group.

Reactions: Dawson 5
#14 ·
I'll go tomorrow, Count me in

#18 ·
Hi Tyler, It doesn't seem that the white 4-Runner posted before the trip. Hopefully he will notice that he still has my radio and will try to contact someone.

No big deal if I don't get it back - it's a $35 radio. You know what they say - don't loan anything out that you can't afford to lose.

Good trip. I'm hoping that someone got a chance to film me on that one obstacle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.