TTORA Forum banner

Norcal Day trip to Carnegie

3K views 39 replies 14 participants last post by  Brain 
#1 ·
On November 26th, I will be leading a day run to Carnegie. If you want to go play that day, please e-mail me and let me know you will be attending. I have never been there and have been told that there is not much there, but we will go see for ourselfs!

We will meet at the park entrance at 9am.

Carnegie OHV Park Link

#4 ·
gary briggs said:
i used to ride moto there all the time, there really isnt alot of wheeling for trucks, more stuff aimed at dirtbikes and quads, there are some big steep hills there
"Characterized by dry rocky washes, rolling hills and steep, rugged canyons, the park provides a setting for off-highway vehicle users of all skill levels."

Reading their web site, it sounds like Hollister. Like I said, never been there so we are going to go check it out.

#5 ·
TRD4ME / PARKSOFFROAD.COM said:
"Characterized by dry rocky washes, rolling hills and steep, rugged canyons, the park provides a setting for off-highway vehicle users of all skill levels."

Reading their web site, it sounds like Hollister. Like I said, never been there so we are going to go check it out.
unfortunately, their brochure is very misleading...there is a rock pile, similar to mini rubicon at hollister, and a feeble attempt to create an obstical course. the frame twister is burried, and the the rst have been destroyed by the tens of thousands of quads that share the play area with the trucks. my advice...get there early, tell the rangers you just want to check it out (they wont bug you if you dont have bikes in the back of your truck) and be prepared to move on to frank raines.

#11 ·
Mike said:
Frank Raines has a fun creek trail full of big boulders. Other than that it's a pretty boring place.

Later,
....Mike
Got to check it out at least once!

#12 ·
#13 ·
Last time I went there, one of the rangers handed me a brochure that said they will be re-doing the 4x4 course. All of these changes (for the better, I hope!) will be done within the next year. If I had the paper on me I'd copy what it said. I may head out there with you guys to mess around :)

#18 ·
As a local to Carnegie I can say it is boring for 4x4's. The only reason I go there is if I want to kill a little time and/or test something out.

The rock pit is alright. It's only about a third the size of the one at Hollister and not nearly as difficult (but can still be fun). The frame twister is pretty much a joke and the mud strip (er... pit :rolleyes: ) is just that.

Unfortunately since bikes can get to the 4x4 area, they tend to take over at times. There is a small plateau there that they like to jump on. Some of the bikers there actually have the nerve to get pissed off because 4x4's are there.

My brother is getting married that day so I won't be there.

#22 ·
TRD4ME / PARKSOFFROAD.COM said:
The street address is 18600 W Corral Hollow Rd, Tracy, CA for anyone that needs to mapquest it. We are on for 9am meeting at the park. CB channel 2. Any ?'s, e-mail me!
I think it's actually considered as part of Livermore. At least that's what Yahoo Yellow Pages lists.

I would meet you guys there, but my brother is getting married.

#23 ·
M.martian said:
I think it's actually considered as part of Livermore. At least that's what Yahoo Yellow Pages lists.

I would meet you guys there, but my brother is getting married.
I called and got an address, thats what they said so...

Didnt you sell me a car dolly a while back?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.