TTORA Forum banner

All-pro vs. Camburg Uni-ball control arms

35K views 68 replies 29 participants last post by  TRDHaramabe 
#1 ·
Does anybody have a opinion on uni-ball upper control arms pros and cons or another brand you like better,I'm in the market but don't have any first hand experience with these thanks for any input

#2 ·
I would go by price. Camburg, total chaos, All Pro are all quality products and you shouldn't have any issues with any of them.

#3 ·
They are all designed the same way and pretty much the same shit. One is 1" and another is 1.25" but i dont see a difference between any of them and i doubt you would. I love my total Chaos ones but i would gladely take any of them, there all good shit that do the same thing and designed the same. Just pick what one you like but quality wise, there all the same. Total Chaos and Camburg are both great products.

#4 ·
#6 ·
I had a set of the older 1'' All-Pro arms on the FJ and I kinda wish I would have kept them and changed the uniballs, because they creeked real bad.

Now I have a set of Total Chaos arms on the Tacoma and they've been pretty good so far.

I don't think it matters if you get 1'' or 1.25'', like said above, they should all be as good as the other.

#10 ·
It really does... I have had trucks come in with other brands UCA's and the upper uniball would bind on compression. Now this was not just because the 1" uniball was not good enough, it was because of there design. Now another company copied there arms and because of there great welding the UCA broke when the arm was binding and compression...

Now with the 1" uniball in our older design we were able to get all the usable travel in compression and droop about 2" more than the other brands. The reason why we changed to the 1.250" is because of the new Long Travel kit we make. We figured most Toyota owners who bought the best truck out there wanted to get the best parts possible. Hence why we offer the 1.250" uniball with Camburg tapered spacers.

#7 ·
i enjoying reading vendors talking shit about other vendors...what else you got!? :rolleyes:

#13 ·
i agree with jzaiden and this is the exact reason i bought these from camburg instead of ANY others. i have some of all pro's stuff on my truck, but when it comes to stuff like this id rather get if from someone who came up with it and is damn good at it.

#14 ·
At the risk of being accused of acting like a sycophant, I'm quite willing to say that all you guys claiming "they're all the same" don't know what the hell you're talking about, have probably not compared different manufacturers' products side by side, and I'd bet money you never took the time to cycle your suspension...

...probably just bolted it on and ran, so you'd have something to talk about around the campfire :flipoff2:.

They are not the same. I am very happy with the parts I'm running, and was happy enough with those parts that the stuff I removed was retrofitted with another manufacturer's parts when I sold them to a friend...I didn't want him running the crap they came with.

I would not go by price at all. Buy a quality design with excellent welding and you will find you have a reliable part. Sometimes that costs more, sometimes it doesn't.

-Sean

#16 ·
I have the New Camburg 1.25" UCAs on my 07, and I cant say enought good things about them. I have never had them contact, and I wheel my Truck pretty hard.

#19 ·
We too decided to use 1.25" uniballs in our standard A-Arms after incorporating them in our long travel kit design. We in no way stole any other companies design, as we designed our arms from scratch.

Our new arms are top of the line and feature teflon lined FK bearings and are TIG welded 4130 Chromoly. Some of our arms are welded in house, and some by a highly qualified local outside vendor to keep costs down.

#20 ·
I have a set of the All-Pro A-Arms with the 2.5'' Fox shocks, and I am very happy with the setup. At least for a mid travel system.

#27 ·
so they copied total chaos, kind of like all pro copied them. hmmm imagine that.

I applaud them for making new, better products but sometimes i think they need to simmer down a bit with the attitude. At least some of the people that post on here. Personally, i think there kits look better/beefier than the others, including the engage kit but that doesnt mean you should act all cocky. Reminds me of dynatrac....

Its hard to say that someone stole your idea, i mean yes they are selling a product very close to yours, or even the same, but thats what competition does. Just because ARB and Shrockworks sell bumpers that look very close to each other doesnt mean they copied each other.

Lastly, with all pros reputation it probably doesnt matter what they copy lol. I wouldnt worry about all pro out selling camburg on control arms.

#29 ·
if you like to crawl and trail ride, go to all pro. if you like the desert and want race wining technology, go to camburg. Can camburg say the have a championship winning crawler...no, can all pro say the have a championship winning desert racer, no

both are good companys, have great reputation, have outstanding product, and noth are well know in our industry

#30 ·
well the point is that it happens everywhere. Companies mimic other companies and create competition. Its just smart business. Why run a 1" in my control arm if you are running 1.25"?

I understand what you mean but it should be expected is all i am saying. Its not a bad thing really, it generates the drive for better and better products for us the consumer. And you are a consumer too, well not in this case but most of the time! :)

#33 ·
Fuck it! As long as I'm concerned they all copied each other to some extent. You can't really deviate much from design to maintain optimum geometry while using the same materials. The only company that can truly claim not copying anyone is Icon.

Then Light Racing looks a ton like OEM.

The point is there's going to be similarities between aftermarket parts that are meant to do the same job.

#34 ·
I think there's a little more to it than that with the 1.25" uniballs.... I mean we've had 1 inch uniballs for years and VERY soon after Camburg released the new 1.25s, well whaddaya know, All Pro just happened to think of the same idea!

#35 ·
Hahaha yeah thats true. Total Chaos was the most common with there 1" for a while and then camburg came out with the lager one not so long ago then right after all pro had there's. I dont think that was a coincidence.

Whatever you can pay for the original designers like TC or Camburg or you can choose to get a knock off'. Its your money.

#43 ·
:lmao: Good one.

Yeah based on my very limited understanding, if its patented and blatantly copied, its illegal and the holder of the patent has legal recourse - should they choose to pursue it; if not, its a "too-bad-so-sad" sort of scenario. Like it or not, a good idea for a good product will be copied. What is it they say about the sincerest form of flattery?

For me the bottom line is that as a whole the industry continues to improve design, function, look, etc. and as a consumer I have more options for better performance from aftermarket products than I ever did in the past. I have heard talk on runs about various aftermarket products from various manufacturers being faulty, poorly welded, etc. and then soon thereafter seen those "faulty" products revamped, redesigned, basically made better. If you buy the latest and greatest newest mod, you have to realize that you're going to be in the category of guinea pig, even if the products have been tested. So when someone goes out and buys the very first set of (fill-in blank) and it fails on the trail, well, that's sort of the cost of being test pilot. As long as the manufacturer makes it right, replaces or repairs the item, etc. that shows that they are trying to do right by their customers. And I think all of the companies mentioned in this thread have endeavored to do just that.

Competition is good for the consumer, (i.e. most of us) even if it rubs the guys running the aftermarket companies the wrong way. On the manufacturer's side, it seems like AllPro, Camburg, Icon, etc. are doing a pretty darned good job to me. The only thing I can add to that is that they should either get patents, be flattered when someone copies their design, or just learn to play nice among the competition that arises from a free market. :2cents:

I always liked the attitude that I've heard from one of the aftermarket shops who shall remain unnamed, where i was told, "If someone else can make it better, thats great! But I stand by my product."

#45 ·
no you dont. Its a big pain in the ass dealing with people, you cant even imagine the type of shit that people do. "Well you sold me these mud tires and now my truck rides real bad down the road, i want a full refund" and all of the other shit that comes along with it. Trust me, you dont want to work at or own an offroad shop. You will lose your mind and go nuts dealing with all of these people. My favorite is the "i gotta have it done TODAY right NOW" guy who DOESNT EVEN FUCKING SHOW UP FOR HIS APPOINTMENT when you schedule him in two days later. Must have been real fucking important ....

*off soap box*

#46 ·
i really wouldnt mind it, lol i know what its like to have customers complain, i work as a journeyman at a dodge dealership, lol, so it wouldnt be really that much of a jump for me. so i cant say that i trust you, maybe some people just aren't cut out for this industry...but then again, it could just be the ******** in florida haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.