All-pro vs. Camburg Uni-ball control arms - TTORA Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Smile All-pro vs. Camburg Uni-ball control arms

Does anybody have a opinion on uni-ball upper control arms pros and cons or another brand you like better,I'm in the market but don't have any first hand experience with these thanks for any input
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 10:28 PM

I would go by price. Camburg, total chaos, All Pro are all quality products and you shouldn't have any issues with any of them.

2007 FJ Cruiser, Icon Coil-overs w/remote resi, Camburg UCA's, Icon Rear springs, TRD Wheels w/295 75 16 Nitto Terra Grapplers
post #3 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 11:03 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to BLACKHAWK250
They are all designed the same way and pretty much the same shit. One is 1" and another is 1.25" but i dont see a difference between any of them and i doubt you would. I love my total Chaos ones but i would gladely take any of them, there all good shit that do the same thing and designed the same. Just pick what one you like but quality wise, there all the same. Total Chaos and Camburg are both great products.

post #4 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 11:30 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKHAWK250 View Post
...... One is 1" and another is 1.25"
nope..they are all 1.25" these days
all-pro/uca

post #5 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 11:49 PM
TTORA GOLD Sponsor

Nice! All Pro is so talented they went off and copied our ideas... lol I wonder if they even weld there own products in house

Camburg Engineering, your #1 solution for performance suspension on your off-road truck!
Main Camburg Webpage
http://www.camburg.com
2005 Toyota Tacoma Page
http://camburg.com/toyota/05-12-tacoma/
1995-2004 Toyota Tacoma page
http://camburg.com/toyota/95-04-tacoma/
post #6 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 11:49 PM
Veteran Member

I had a set of the older 1'' All-Pro arms on the FJ and I kinda wish I would have kept them and changed the uniballs, because they creeked real bad.

Now I have a set of Total Chaos arms on the Tacoma and they've been pretty good so far.

I don't think it matters if you get 1'' or 1.25'', like said above, they should all be as good as the other.
post #7 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 11:54 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof
i enjoying reading vendors talking shit about other vendors...what else you got!?
post #8 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 11:57 PM
Veteran Member

06 with stuff
RP FABRICATIONS

looks like we're gonna have to settle this the old navy way, first one to die, LOSES
post #9 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 11:58 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
i enjoying reading vendors talking shit about other vendors...what else you got!?
Do they other guys race on their products? Opps Camburg was supossed to say that! haha
post #10 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 11:58 PM
TTORA GOLD Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by razr View Post
I had a set of the older 1'' All-Pro arms on the FJ and I kinda wish I would have kept them and changed the uniballs, because they creeked real bad.

Now I have a set of Total Chaos arms on the Tacoma and they've been pretty good so far.

I don't think it matters if you get 1'' or 1.25'', like said above, they should all be as good as the other.
It really does... I have had trucks come in with other brands UCA's and the upper uniball would bind on compression. Now this was not just because the 1" uniball was not good enough, it was because of there design. Now another company copied there arms and because of there great welding the UCA broke when the arm was binding and compression...

Now with the 1" uniball in our older design we were able to get all the usable travel in compression and droop about 2" more than the other brands. The reason why we changed to the 1.250" is because of the new Long Travel kit we make. We figured most Toyota owners who bought the best truck out there wanted to get the best parts possible. Hence why we offer the 1.250" uniball with Camburg tapered spacers.

Camburg Engineering, your #1 solution for performance suspension on your off-road truck!
Main Camburg Webpage
2005 Toyota Tacoma Page
post #11 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 12:00 AM
TTORA GOLD Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
Not talking Sh** but when we came up with this design it kind of sucks some one steels it.... Very innovative in my eyes! If you feel the best product is the company who copies others then so be it.

Main Camburg Webpage
2005 Toyota Tacoma Page
post #12 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 12:12 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzaiden View Post
It really does... I have had trucks come in with other brands UCA's and the upper uniball would bind on compression. Now this was not just because the 1" uniball was not good enough, it was because of there design. Now another company copied there arms and because of there great welding the UCA broke when the arm was binding and compression...

Now with the 1" uniball in our older design we were able to get all the usable travel in compression and droop about 2" more than the other brands. The reason why we changed to the 1.250" is because of the new Long Travel kit we make. We figured most Toyota owners who bought the best truck out there wanted to get the best parts possible. Hence why we offer the 1.250" uniball with Camburg tapered spacers.
With the 1.25'', do they hit the coils at full droop? My TCs are pretty close, so I was wondering if that larger ball and extra down travel would make it hit.
post #13 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 06:21 AM
Veteran Member

i agree with jzaiden and this is the exact reason i bought these from camburg instead of ANY others. i have some of all pro's stuff on my truck, but when it comes to stuff like this id rather get if from someone who came up with it and is damn good at it.

2006 DC Tacoma: LC-60 Hybrid front, 3 linked with 18" ORI's, LC 9.5" 3rd in RuffStuff housing, double triangulated 4-link, 16" Ballistic Fab CO's, Summit 20 Ga Cell, removable tube bed with LED's
post #14 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Veteran Member

At the risk of being accused of acting like a sycophant, I'm quite willing to say that all you guys claiming "they're all the same" don't know what the hell you're talking about, have probably not compared different manufacturers' products side by side, and I'd bet money you never took the time to cycle your suspension...

...probably just bolted it on and ran, so you'd have something to talk about around the campfire .

They are not the same. I am very happy with the parts I'm running, and was happy enough with those parts that the stuff I removed was retrofitted with another manufacturer's parts when I sold them to a friend...I didn't want him running the crap they came with.

I would not go by price at all. Buy a quality design with excellent welding and you will find you have a reliable part. Sometimes that costs more, sometimes it doesn't.

-Sean

'00 Project, constant state of (d)evolution
post #15 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 11:17 AM
TTORA GOLD Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by razr View Post
With the 1.25'', do they hit the coils at full droop? My TCs are pretty close, so I was wondering if that larger ball and extra down travel would make it hit.
No... We have a very well thought out design...

Main Camburg Webpage
2005 Toyota Tacoma Page
post #16 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 12:18 PM
Veteran Member

I have the New Camburg 1.25" UCAs on my 07, and I cant say enought good things about them. I have never had them contact, and I wheel my Truck pretty hard.

07 Tacoma DC TRD. ARB Locker Front. Icon Extended Travel CO's w/ reservior, Camburg 1.25" UCA's, Alcan AAL's, Icon Rear reservoir shocks ,All Pro Plate bumper,All Pro IFS Skid plate, All Pro Rear Bumper, All Pro Rack Pack, ARB Simpson III RTT, Warn 9.5xp winch, 17x9 Walker Evans Beadlocks, BFG KM2 305/70/17, OME degree Shims, OME Carrier Bearing drop. Trail Gear Sliders, Yakima Load Warrior Basket, OEM Roof Rack, Hella 4000 Euro Beam Fogs w/ HID conversion
post #17 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 12:55 PM

Now if someone would just design some with dust boots...

Blue Ribbon Coalition #4847

'05 Tacoma DCSB on Tons
post #18 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
Now if someone would just design some with dust boots...
Icon has a dust cap, only on top though.
post #19 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 05:05 PM
Veteran Member
TTORA GOLD Sponsor

We too decided to use 1.25" uniballs in our standard A-Arms after incorporating them in our long travel kit design. We in no way stole any other companies design, as we designed our arms from scratch.

Our new arms are top of the line and feature teflon lined FK bearings and are TIG welded 4130 Chromoly. Some of our arms are welded in house, and some by a highly qualified local outside vendor to keep costs down.

www.allprooffroad.com
951-928-4777
post #20 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 05:17 PM

Garage
I have a set of the All-Pro A-Arms with the 2.5'' Fox shocks, and I am very happy with the setup. At least for a mid travel system.
post #21 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Veteran Member

no way in hell you can go wrong w/ camburg...they make top notch shiz... thier UCA's are working out great on my truck and i'm gonna be upgrading to their LT kit soon

-2004 TACOMA - FRONT AND REAR LONG TRAVEL
post #22 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 06:21 PM
TTORA GOLD Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro View Post
We too decided to use 1.25" uniballs in our standard A-Arms after incorporating them in our long travel kit design. We in no way stole any other companies design, as we designed our arms from scratch.

Our new arms are top of the line and feature teflon lined FK bearings and are TIG welded 4130 Chromoly. Some of our arms are welded in house, and some by a highly qualified local outside vendor to keep costs down.
Then please explain how you got the idea of the tapered through hole design spacer with recessed upper spacer and 12 point bolts? ?

Also know one in the world has this design but us and now you copied it!

Main Camburg Webpage
2005 Toyota Tacoma Page
post #23 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 06:25 PM
Veteran Member

Theres no way all-pro didnt look at camburgs 1.25' befor "building theres from scratch"
post #24 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 07:00 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Ebruddah
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzaiden View Post
Then please explain how you got the idea of the tapered through hole design spacer with recessed upper spacer and 12 point bolts? ?

Also know one in the world has this design but us and now you copied it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKHAWK250 View Post
Theres no way all-pro didnt look at camburgs 1.25' befor "building theres from scratch"

97 Tacoma 4x4 V6, Savage Offroad Armor, Bilstein 1" all around w/add a leaf....
post #25 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 07:08 PM
Veteran Member

didnt total chaos come out with the 1" uniball arms before camburg came out with theirs?
TRDHaramabe likes this.

05 PSD with 38s and 20s, bling bling!
post #26 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 07:26 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stikkimikki87 View Post
didnt total chaos come out with the 1" uniball arms before camburg came out with theirs?
They sure did, then camburg thought bigger was better with the 1.25 haha then all pro built there's from scratch.
post #27 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 07:35 PM
Veteran Member

so they copied total chaos, kind of like all pro copied them. hmmm imagine that.

I applaud them for making new, better products but sometimes i think they need to simmer down a bit with the attitude. At least some of the people that post on here. Personally, i think there kits look better/beefier than the others, including the engage kit but that doesnt mean you should act all cocky. Reminds me of dynatrac....

Its hard to say that someone stole your idea, i mean yes they are selling a product very close to yours, or even the same, but thats what competition does. Just because ARB and Shrockworks sell bumpers that look very close to each other doesnt mean they copied each other.

Lastly, with all pros reputation it probably doesnt matter what they copy lol. I wouldnt worry about all pro out selling camburg on control arms.

post #28 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 08:00 PM
TTORA GOLD Sponsor

Quote:
It's a little different than that. We came up with the upper arm for a Tacoma and Tundra fist. Then Chaos came up with the 1" uniball instead of the stock ball joint but with the same looking arm as ours (keep in mind using a 1" uniball was something we were doing on other trucks way before Chaos was in business). This is good business competition trying to out do each other not copying a product to the tee... When we started using a 1" uniball we did it totally different and better and with the same style arm we did first! Then we added zirk fitting then they did... haha

Quote:
so they copied total chaos, kind of like all pro copied them. hmmm imagine that.
Read above

Quote:
I applaud them for making new, better products but sometimes i think they need to simmer down a bit with the attitude. At least some of the people that post on here. Personally, i think there kits look better/beefier than the others, including the engage kit but that doesnt mean you should act all cocky. Reminds me of dynatrac....
Attitude? Imagine you work your ass off designing great products from your heart. Then some company with such a great reputation just knocks it off! How would that make you feel?

Quote:
Its hard to say that someone stole your idea, i mean yes they are selling a product very close to yours, or even the same, but thats what competition does. Just because ARB and Shrockworks sell bumpers that look very close to each other doesnt mean they copied each other.
Read what you wrote and comprehend it! Spend more time on the first sentence!

Quote:
Lastly, with all pros reputation it probably doesnt matter what they copy lol. I wouldnt worry about all pro out selling camburg on control arms.
The funny thing is I use to recommend people to them for their strait axle conversions... You think I do now? lol....

Main Camburg Webpage
2005 Toyota Tacoma Page
post #29 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 08:40 PM
Veteran Member

if you like to crawl and trail ride, go to all pro. if you like the desert and want race wining technology, go to camburg. Can camburg say the have a championship winning crawler...no, can all pro say the have a championship winning desert racer, no

both are good companys, have great reputation, have outstanding product, and noth are well know in our industry

06 with stuff
RP FABRICATIONS

looks like we're gonna have to settle this the old navy way, first one to die, LOSES
post #30 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 10:49 PM
Veteran Member

well the point is that it happens everywhere. Companies mimic other companies and create competition. Its just smart business. Why run a 1" in my control arm if you are running 1.25"?

I understand what you mean but it should be expected is all i am saying. Its not a bad thing really, it generates the drive for better and better products for us the consumer. And you are a consumer too, well not in this case but most of the time!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode