Asshole cause I have to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 05:34 PM
Veteran Member

this guy has been given too much attention with this

Drive a hybrid, I need your gas.

'04 Tacoma Ext. Cab SR5 TRD 4x4
allpro bilstein/eibach coilovers, uca's, 3" rear springs + 1 1/4" lift shackles, 1" daystar body lift, arb bumper, trd muffler, 1200lb marlin crawler clutch, trail gear rock sliders, m8000 with synthetic line... bent frame
post #63 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-20-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve604 View Post
this guy has been given too much attention with this
Hahahahahahaha!!! I'm guilty of contributing to this madness, but this thread was probably tits up at reply #15. OP sure got a lot of replies though...

"Democracy is two wolves deciding to have a lamb for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

2006, TRD Sport (de-badged), OME leafs, T/C UCA's, Icon ext.C/O's and rear resi's, strapped up front, EBC sport rotors w/green stuff pads, S/S brake lines, 16" MB72 wheels w/KM2'S (285/75/16), Pioneer AVH-4200 w/AVIC GPS
post #64 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 01:02 PM

Garage
So, did this guy swap out his ToyTec Coilovers for another brand?

I know, I know.....the thread should be closed etc.

2008 DCSB - Icon extended Travel Coilovers, Camburg Ball Joint UCA's, Dakar Leafs, SuperBumps, Allpro U-Bolt Flip
post #65 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 11:38 PM
Veteran Member

The moron won't reply back. Who knows. Good riddance.

2004 Black Tacoma 3.4L 4x4 Ext. Cab 5 Speed
ARB Bumper, BudBuilt Skids/Bellypan, Pro Comp 8069, Sliders, AllPro coilover lift with Custom 3" Alcans, 5125s, 285/75 BFG Rugged Terrains, Morimoto Mini D2S 3.0 Projectors

God bless America! (..Please...!!)
ROLL TIDE! 2009, 2011 & 2012 BCS CHAMPIONS!
post #66 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 06:09 AM

wrong.
post #67 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Veteran Member

Did you keep the overload leaf when the AALs went on?

2000 Tacoma
3.4 TRD
ICON C/O
Marlin Clutch
post #68 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 10:46 PM

I just had the same lift installed today. I measured it and I'm sitting about 1 inch lower in the front with no rear block or AAL. A little frustrated thinking i was getting 3 inches and only got about 2.125" out of the lift kit. Any ideas why this is happening, and have you talked to toytec about it? Any input would be appreciated! Thanks

Jon
post #69 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-29-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonpera View Post
I just had the same lift installed today. I measured it and I'm sitting about 1 inch lower in the front with no rear block or AAL. A little frustrated thinking i was getting 3 inches and only got about 2.125" out of the lift kit. Any ideas why this is happening, and have you talked to toytec about it? Any input would be appreciated! Thanks

Jon
I have been researching a 3 inch lift as well and came across this old post and saw your recent comment. My guess is you used the Toytec/Eibach front coils that only provide 1.6 inches of lift instead of the Toytec 521600 front coil which provide 2.5 inches of lift and 3 inches with a top spacer (optional). The 3 inch lift is a kit, so not sure why people are buying the parts separately and getting the wrong coils. Can you confirm what coils you used? How are you 1 inch lower in the front with 2 inches added up front and nothing in the rear? That would mean prior to the lift your rear was 3 inches higher than the front? Doesn't sound right.
post #70 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-29-2016, 05:51 PM

I had a what toytec is calling a 3" coil spacer installed on my 2013 Tundra Crewmax 2WD and I only got 2.125 inches of lift out of it. Pretty disappointing. They are saying that my truck is too heavy and creating the sag in the front. Don't really believe that but whatever. No one can figure out what is going on. Toytec basically said they don't guarantee any lifts to what it claims and that each car is different. I get that, but it's not even close. I'm taking it back to the shop next week, they are going to pull a coil to see what part number I have, maybe they gave me the wrong part. My fault for not checking it beforehand. If they gave me the correct parts I might just buy another 1/2 spacer that would put me at about 3" lift dead on, only thing it my bolts might now be long enough. Either way it's frustrating and now I'm looking at more labor cost and possibly more parts. I don't even know if I could get bigger tires in there the way it is right now. Anyone have any idea of why it's not lifting to the correct height??
post #71 of 72 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 09:28 AM
Veteran Member
TTORA GOLD Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonpera View Post
I had a what toytec is calling a 3" coil spacer installed on my 2013 Tundra Crewmax 2WD and I only got 2.125 inches of lift out of it. Pretty disappointing. They are saying that my truck is too heavy and creating the sag in the front. Don't really believe that but whatever. No one can figure out what is going on. Toytec basically said they don't guarantee any lifts to what it claims and that each car is different. I get that, but it's not even close. I'm taking it back to the shop next week, they are going to pull a coil to see what part number I have, maybe they gave me the wrong part. My fault for not checking it beforehand. If they gave me the correct parts I might just buy another 1/2 spacer that would put me at about 3" lift dead on, only thing it my bolts might now be long enough. Either way it's frustrating and now I'm looking at more labor cost and possibly more parts. I don't even know if I could get bigger tires in there the way it is right now. Anyone have any idea of why it's not lifting to the correct height??

Hello,
I am sorry that were disappointed in our 3'' spacer lift, we have tested them on 2WD Tundra's and have experienced less lift out of them we do have it stated in the description below the product.
Let us know if you have any other questions!

BEST SELLER! 3" Lift for 07 & UP 4WD Tundra

Thanks!

http://www.toyteclifts.com

PM me with any questions.
post #72 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 01:00 PM

Ya, you might wanna do your homework a little before just buying a lift kit to join the brolife. I ordered Bilstein 5100 extended travel shocks, toytec 3 inch front coil springs, toytec 1 inch block lift in the rear and, extended u joints. So actually I went less and got the ride I wanted because I researched lifting my truck before just doing it. Also I'm on the lowest notch on the Bilsteins and got 3 inches but that could be because I have a first gen tacoma and might not be able to achieve the higher lift like the gen two. I have nothing bad to say about the support you receive over the phone either, guys at toytec are very helpful and knowledgeable from my chats with them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode