TTORA Forum banner

Getting new rear leafs next week under the TSB

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  pdxyota 
#1 ·
Getting new rear leafs next week under the TSB on my 2008 Tacoma. For anyone that has already had it done, is there anything I should know before hand or expect afterwards?? Just thought I would ask. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
TSB & Warranty Replacement in 2016 of TSB

I received new 3 (4?) leaf springs as part of the TSB back in 2007 or so, along with TRD Bilstein shocks, to replace the shitty no-name shocks and 2-leaf pack that Toyota put on my 2.7L 4x4 at the factory.

Fastforward to 2016 and those TSB leaf packs were breaking, potentially puncturing important stuff under the truck (gas tank :flamethro ) so I got a recall notice.

It took them 6 weeks to receive the parts once ordered, but once up on their rack, they realized I had one of the few leaf packs that actually friggin BROKE. The new one made my 2005 w/ 192K drive like new and it has about 8 brackets on each leaf pack instead of 2 or 3, so it shouldn't have any issues for the rest of the life of my rig.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.