TTORA Forum banner

Reverting potential lift on 2004 Tacoma

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  hytenor 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
I am new to the forum and new to Tacomas.

I recently inherited a 2004 Tacoma 4x4 extra cab. I suspected it has had some work to lift the suspension and I am debating reverting the lift. I use the truck mostly for daily driving and hauling lumber and such. No plans for any serious off reading like it was used for in the past. Stock height or maybe just leveling front and back is where I would like to go.

I measured the ride height from center of hubs to bottom of the fender flair and came up with the following numbers. Front height 23", rear 22". My understanding is that the front should be lower than the back with stock ride height.

Attached is a picture of the top of the front strut, I think it looks like a none factory spacer is installed though I have no experience to know better. The spacer doesn't appear in the images in my Haynes repair manual.

So here is the ask. Does this spacer look non-factory? Can I just remove it? Would I be missing anything i need to replace to make it stock again? Anything else I should be concerned about if I can remove them?

Lastly, what else should I look for as potential modifications to increase the ride height? What would I look for in the rear as potential modifications that could have been made?

I searched around and found lost of helpful info but didn't see anything specific to my questions if I missed something that answers my questions, I would appreciate a link to it.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
haven't seen that type of TL spacer...yea, get rid of it.
if you are planning on doing much hauling you'll want to beef up the suspension one way or another...stock rear setup is crap for much more than 500#.

Is there anything aftermarket in the rear?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.