TTORA Forum banner

Taco Rebuild - ride height

966 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  ITR1275 
#1 ·
I have a 2K Tacoma V6 Extra cab 4WD.

About 14 years ago I lifted it, but I can't remember what the specs were. I'm looking to replace the (now flat) leaf springs and front coils. I figured can add a bit of lift to the leafs. The front will be Sway-a-Way Racerunner coil overs, 0-3" adjustable.

The front spacer is a cornfed that measures 1.5". The rear has greasable shackles that measure 6.25" on bolt centers. I thought it was Daystar, and it looks just like it, but they are only 1.25" lift.

If my math is correct, the front should be a 3" lift and the back is 1.5" in the back. The problem is I seem to remember 2.5" front and 2" back.

Here is my math. The lift in the front should be about 2x the spacer height?
1.5"x2 = 3"

The lift in the back should be 1/2 the added length to the shackle?
Factory Shackle (Guessed from online info) on center.
85mm/25.4"/mm = 3.34"
Current Shackle
6.25"
Lift
(6.25-3.35)/2 = 1.45"

Can anybody confirm this?

See less See more
#3 ·
Ill bite.

If its a below the top plate spacer (a preload spacer) usually the thickness is about the height of the lift. A 2" spacer gives roughly 1.75 or 2.25" of lift...

If its a above the plate spacer, its double the thickness. Ie .5" is a 1" lift...

With the rear, theres more into just halfing the length. With a longer shackle, you increase the spring rate, which means less "sag" with weightm youre probably at a 1.75 or 2" on the back...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Yes, it's a preload spacer, so the front is ~1.5", maybe 2" at most then.

I got some info from Daystar (KT61010). The shackles are 1.25" lift shackles.

So if I set the front for 2.5"-3.0", and added .75"-1" to the new springs it should be pretty much level.

Thanks for the info. That definitely helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.