TTORA Forum banner

New Highlander suspension?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  WAARHEID 
#1 ·
G'day all,

Just drove a couple new shape highlanders (Klugers here in Oz) at work today and am thinking of getting one when they are released next month,

Would anybody there in the states know if theres a company that would make a suspension lift for these vehicles?

By looking at them, Im pretty sure with their rather large guards that a modest lift of 2" would easily accomadate 265/75x16 tyres.

any help would be appreciated.

max.

P.S these vehicles look alot better in real life than on the toyota website....trust me!

#2 ·
highlander lift

i have looked. my wife has a 4wd, v6. i have searched and searched, but found nothing, but am still hopeful though! being independent front and rear, as well as the "mom and old people car" stereotype may have hampered development. i am sure the australian version is more practical than the one in the states.

#3 ·
I have inquired with toytec but they just forwarded my email to ARB Australia which I had already done.

Im pretty sure being coil struts all around that someone like Donahues in the US could manufacture a custom strut with say a 2" or 3" lift.

Im pretty sure somebody will do this for the new one as it is an awesome looking vehicle........13cm wider than the Toyta Prado or Lexus GX470 you guys get there plus 200kw (270hp engine) it should be pretty stable offroad.

#5 ·
If it was new in 2007 I'm not aware of any options. It's "off-label" so take it with a grain of salt, but /supposedly/ the ARB OME 2895E coil will fit 2010+ Highlanders and offer about an inch of lift.

See: Old Man Emu Coil Spring (2895E)

Also, Toyota's K platform vehicles use MacPherson struts all the way around (except in the Sienna) so UCL should be able to get you squared away with a 3" custom strut lift, though their's aren't purpose built for off-road use.

See: Universal Car Lifts - 3" Custom Modified Struts Front & Rear

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.