post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-07-2012, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Going John Galt

Eldorado NF roads/trails closed for all of 2012

You read that right. check it.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1056879

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/eldora...TELPRDB5362068

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
Yeah, well, I'm just glad I snagged a few Spector cans before EPA converted them to Sphincters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Jake View Post
Lube may be your best friend (depending on location).
'00 Excab Tacoma, 2.7, 5sp with a Bunch-o-mods
Inchworm Rock Walkin' Gear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 12:35 AM
Member Dismemberer

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to ShowStop
There were a few trails in Big Bear area that crossed a meadow. Those were closed off years ago. They were mostly lesser trails, so not a major issue. Not sure what they would do to a trail like Deer Valley that crosses two meadows and is a major link between two areas.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 08:49 AM
Veteran Member

What a bunch of fecal matter.

99 Single Cab 2.7. Finally SAS'd and sitting on full width Toyota axles.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 01:11 AM
NorCal Chapter Pres

Send a message via AIM to NorcalPR
Tactic 1 for fighting this:

E-mail your Rep, and Senators. You can find out who that is by going through this link:

http://whoismyrepresentative.com

By entering your zip, you should get your 2 senators, and your congressional rep. If you have a split zip code district like me, you will need the last 4 digits of your 9 digit zip code, this can be found here:

https://www.usps.com/ and click on the zip code tab on the left side.

Here are some ideas you can use to build your letter.

Quote:
We have recently become aware that there will be a massive closure of OHV trails in the Eldorado National forest this summer.

Closing these trails for a solid year or more is absolutely the wrong approach. Off-roading is a major hobby enjoyed by people from across the country and is a major contributor to our state and region’s economy.

I don’t see why these trails, which have been in regular use for decades, can’t remain open until the environmental study is complete.

I understand that the ElDorado National Forest, or its surrounding communities may not be an area that you frequent, but it is where I spend many weekends a year recreating with my family. I am asking for your help to rectify this situation. There is no grounds for this closure, aside from some peoples hatred for wheeled recreation.

I consider myself an enviormentalist, as I spend many weekends a year in the forest, as a member of Friends of the Rubicon, and Friends of Eldorado National Forest, maintaining its trails, so that they can be enjoyed for years to come. Some of my favorite places to camp with my family are miles away from pavement, and with these road closures, my kids could never make the hike to these areas (honestly, I probably couldn't either).

Please take the time to look into this issue, and let me know how you can help.
Quote:
navy-jeepster
Granite Guru

Member # 55622

Also, here are some financial numbers that I put together a few years ago from user data, and amound spent on each forest.
Eldo
From Local users - $8.5 million (within 30 miles driven to the forest)
From Non-Local users - $45 million (Over 30 miles driven to the forest)

California has 4.9 million ohv users on forest service land across the state.
California also has the highest number for forest service OHV users.
The recreation user data came from this report.
http://www.fs.fed.us/recreation/prog...risRec1rpt.pdf
Quote:
We have recently become aware that there will be a massive closure of OHV trails in the Eldorado National forest this summer.

Closing these trails for a solid year or more is absolutely the wrong approach. Off-roading is a major hobby enjoyed by people from across the country and is a major contributor to our state and region’s economy.

I don’t see why these trails, which have been in regular use for decades, can’t remain open until the environmental study is complete.

I understand that the ElDorado National Forest, or its surrounding communities is not located in your district, but it is where I spend many weekends a year recreating with my family. I am asking for your help to rectify this situation. There is no grounds for this closure, aside from some peoples hatred for wheeled recreation.

I consider myself an enviormentalist, as I spend many weekends a year in the forest, maintaining its trails, so that they can be enjoyed for years to come. Some of my favorite places to camp with my family are miles away from pavement, and with these road closures, my kids could never make the hike to these areas (honestly, I probably couldn't either).

Please take the time to look into this issue, and let me know how you can help.
If you are in the 3rd district, please see to it that you write to Lundgren, he sits on the judiciary comitee!

Hi, my name is Phill, above are things I say
W6FTW

Do you live in NorCal? Have you checked out the NorCal Section located here? If not check in today!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 01:42 PM
Web Wheeler

A good article...

http://www.laketahoenews.net/2012/04...unty-is-wrong/

At least it's getting some good press

SAS modded

Most underbuilt tacoma on the trail.

NorCal Chapter, Check it out
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode