TTORA Forum banner

Little bit of good news

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  hytenor 
#1 ·
Nice to see a little bit of good news now and then:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=484152

From Del's post:
"Rubicon Money from Doolittle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This discussion started over in Chit Chat but I brought it here so we can do something positive with this.
WE need to send emails and letters to Congressman Doolittle RIGHT NOW< TODAY, to let him we appreciate the effort at getting us some funds to do our trail right.
If you know some addresses for the good congressman, whip it on us.
Del
####

I just spoke with Supervisor Jack Sweeney, long time Rubicon user and wheeler. IT was his push that helped John find the opportunity to earmark that money (if it goes thru) for the Rubicon. What impressed the congressman the most was the number of volunteers and volunteer hours that we have invested (and tracked) on the Rubicon over the last 5 years.

Yes, a new bridge or hardened crossing at Ellis Creek would take a lot of heat off of us from the fed side (pollution, sedimentation, crossing year round creeks, blah blah). It might also build us a potty or two that we can get serviced.

I'll be finding out where we send thank you notes to Doolittle because like everything he does or not, when a congressman stands up to earmark money for our trail, I'm going to thank him for trying.

Del"

Contact info:
Washington, D.C. Office

Representative John T. Doolittle
United States House of Representatives
2410 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515
202-225-2511
202-225-5444 (fax)

Granite Bay, CA Office

4230 Douglas Blvd.
Suite 200
Granite Bay, CA 95746
(916) 786-5560
(916) 786-6364 (fax)

See less See more
#3 ·
TACO 4X4 said:
Nice to see a little bit of good news now and then:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=484152

From Del's post:
"Rubicon Money from Doolittle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This discussion started over in Chit Chat but I brought it here so we can do something positive with this.
WE need to send emails and letters to Congressman Doolittle RIGHT NOW< TODAY, to let him we appreciate the effort at getting us some funds to do our trail right.
If you know some addresses for the good congressman, whip it on us.
Del
####

I just spoke with Supervisor Jack Sweeney, long time Rubicon user and wheeler. IT was his push that helped John find the opportunity to earmark that money (if it goes thru) for the Rubicon. What impressed the congressman the most was the number of volunteers and volunteer hours that we have invested (and tracked) on the Rubicon over the last 5 years.

Yes, a new bridge or hardened crossing at Ellis Creek would take a lot of heat off of us from the fed side (pollution, sedimentation, crossing year round creeks, blah blah). It might also build us a potty or two that we can get serviced.

I'll be finding out where we send thank you notes to Doolittle because like everything he does or not, when a congressman stands up to earmark money for our trail, I'm going to thank him for trying.

Del"

Contact info:
Washington, D.C. Office

2410 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515
202-225-2511
202-225-5444 (fax)

Granite Bay, CA Office

4230 Douglas Blvd.
Suite 200
Granite Bay, CA 95746
(916) 786-5560
(916) 786-6364 (fax)
getting toilets on the Con and other N Sierra trails like most all of the shaver Lk trails have would sure be intellegent :rolleyes: Heck, the Fresno club just got more funding from the FS for 4 more tiolets!!

Maybe this guy should be talking to whoever is in congress for the Fresno/ Shaver Lk area, LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.