Confused - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Confused

I just purchased the 3" revtec lift kit for my 2002 dbl cab, should I use the block in the rear or is the aal from tuff country better. Also, which is going to make the truck sit level? OK this is really the last question, this kit advertises that you can fit 33, 12.50-16, is this true? Thanks for any help Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 09:34 PM
Veteran Member

Though I don't have much love loss for AAL, I suggest you use the block to keep papers from flying off your desk. Blocks, especially of the 3" variety, allow more flex in the rear axle setup. That means mean axlewrap, and hopping. You will have to see what your lift actually gives you, but you should be close to level. Quite a few drivers use the revtec, and I know lots of them have AAL, and most are happy with the results. My suggestion is to try it out, since you already have it, and get some decent rear shocks for the rear. Most suggest the soft bilstien 5100. Good luck!!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 09:40 PM
Veteran Member

Almost forgot... You want to think about fenders for 12.5 wide tires. Most are sticking to 10.5 and doing the pinch weld mod, to clear the tires.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 09:44 PM
norcal n00b

Send a message via AIM to Zackattak
You can probably clear 33's, however you might need to trim some of the metal and plastic inside the wheel wells, and do the pinch weld mod. http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...read.php?t=401
Also, you still might encounter rubbing while wheeling. These are the things that I encountered with a 4" Pro Comp lift and 33's.

-Zack

CA4WDMember#9373
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 12:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to cdarthvader
NO!! stay away from blocks...Seriously. I would rather run a shackle/AAL then a block, unless you have something to keep the axlewrap down to a minimum. that puts alot of stress on leaf springs and likes to break them...trust me

The first TN sas, and only non poser left...

96 extended cab, SAS waggy 44 arb lockers f/r 4.88's,and 36" SX's
In preperation, D60's f/r 39.5 iroc's, steering ram assist.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode